Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Thats not right 126.8kpa is 18.39psi..........I doubt your N/A motor is running that kinda manafold pressure at idle or off or running wide open for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    Thats not right 126.8kpa is 18.39psi..........I doubt your N/A motor is running that kinda manafold pressure at idle or off or running wide open for that matter
    Oh really? Ok, i would not know, i am only going off what they said. You think that this is way too high?

Can anyone with access to a YDS and a VX110 please do me a massive favor and check your intake manifold air pressure and post it up for me.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Sounds like the Map sensor is bad........ there is a test for it in the Manual no?

There is not test that i could find, but i have swapped it out with 2 different MAP sensors. One used, then one new. Both of which did not fix the problem. And like i state earlier in my posts, i have also swapped out the CDI computer with no affect at all.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Then its like jim said the wiring is shorted and giving that Map reading to the ECU and thats why the malfunction light is on.......your ECU does not know 18psi as a good manafold reading........

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I'd look for a wire chafe.......that when the harness rubs on a spot on motor or hull.......also you said the ski had been subject to water.....that will kill a harness

Yes, i think that is the next thing to try. I have been through all the plugs and sprayed them with electrical cleaner and have lubed them all with dielectric grease. Which obviously didnt help, so the next thing to do is to either test each individual wire for a short, or try and get my hands on a loom.
    Thanks for your replies.

Quote Originally Posted by JTI View Post
    Yes, i think that is the next thing to try. I have been through all the plugs and sprayed them with electrical cleaner and have lubed them all with dielectric grease. Which obviously didnt help, so the next thing to do is to either test each individual wire for a short, or try and get my hands on a loom.
    Thanks for your replies.

Hi guys, having the same problem. Was this resolved? may I ask solution that worked? Thanks

I had an issue with my vx110 surging, wouldn’t idle or would die after idling fine for several minutes. Tried spark plugs, throttle body and position sensor, compression test, leak down test, new fuel pump and had the injectors cleaned. The problem went away for a while I pulled the ECU off to check the pins...... turned out one of the wiring harness seals had failed.... bit the bullet and purchased a new wiring harness and it’s been dine ever since.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information