Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahamiamiski View Post
    Jerry, the first line in the product description says "Our 160mm Race Pump delivers increased acceleration & top speed along with reduced cavitation"...so it is claiming a top speed gain. Now what I'm interested in is what the difference would be going from 155 oem pump setup and 15/22 solas prop to Riva pump, 160 liner, and 160mm skat 13/20. I have e1 wheel, stock 83mm exit nozzle, and r3 with all other mods in my sig. Please let me know...thank you.
    Yes that's right I was just clarifying that there is no specific gain mentioned... ie: 1-2 mph or 2-3 mph.
    Specific gains would vary according to modifications, RPM's, etc.

On your setup there is a gain from going from 155 to 160mm to begin with even if using the stock pump
    Add on the Riva pump for more gains on top end.
    Maybe have your 15/22 built up to 160mm and depitched to a 15/20 and try that?

Expect big gains in holeshot, acceleration and hookup in choppy water.

With your mods I would also go with a 13/20 160mm and an 85 or 86mm nozzle

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahamiamiski View Post
    Jerry, the first line in the product description says "Our 160mm Race Pump delivers increased acceleration & top speed along with reduced cavitation"...so it is claiming a top speed gain. Now what I'm interested in is what the difference would be going from 155 oem pump setup and 15/22 solas prop to Riva pump, 160 liner, and 160mm skat 13/20. I have e1 wheel, stock 83mm exit nozzle, and r3 with all other mods in my sig. Please let me know...thank you.
    Yes that's right I was just clarifying that there is no specific gain mentioned... ie: 1-2 mph or 2-3 mph.
    Specific gains would vary according to modifications, RPM's, etc.

On your setup there is a gain from going from 155 to 160mm to begin with even if using the stock pump
    Add on the Riva pump for more gains on top end.
    Maybe have your 15/22 built up to 160mm and depitched to a 15/20 and try that?

Expect big gains in holeshot, acceleration and hookup in choppy water.

With your mods I would also go with a 13/20 160mm and an 85 or 86mm nozzle
    PM sent jerry...thank you.

+1
    another email response:

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Shark <shark28@hotXXXX.co.uk> wrote:

Hi i got 91 mile in the drag race here its holding

PWC Performance Store <pwcperformancestore@gmail.com> wrote:
    Hi Jamal, I'm just checking in to see how your customers like the Riva 12 vane 160mm race pump on their Yamaha?

--
    Thank you!

im using 13/19 160mm Riva pump 12 Awesome holeshot 8800 RPM

+1
    [/QUOTE]
    Jorge, just for clarification here, Riva does not claim any specific speed gain with this pump. Read the product description there is no mention whatsoever of speed gains.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2137

description in Riva store
    http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...%20Race%20Pump

[/QUOTE]

Hi Jerry, dave bambas himself told me and others 1-2 mph gain on top end, this was at the drags as they had a booth there and where displaying their skis and some parts, its a sweet and extremely well constructed pump and trust me id deff get one if theres no top speed loss. i dont care if i dont gain any speed but i dont want to loose any either.

Quote Originally Posted by FZS-RIDER View Post
    im using 13/19 160mm Riva pump 12 Awesome holeshot 8800 RPM
    Whats is the rest of your setup. What boost are you running with what ski Fz or fx?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    Hi Jerry, dave bambas himself told me and others 1-2 mph gain on top end, this was at the drags as they had a booth there and where displaying their skis and some parts, its a sweet and extremely well constructed pump and trust me id deff get one if theres no top speed loss. i dont care if i dont gain any speed but i dont want to loose any either.
    1-2 is typically what most people gain. I have not had one single customer install this pump and lose speed. All gain 1mph or so.... it just all depends on the setup and RPM's

Now, if they are telling people 2-3 mph gain that is just wrong. Maybe some will gain that much on a high RPM setup but if sales people are claiming 3 mph gain I call bullshit

My advice to all of you is READ the product descriptions and take anything a salesman tells you with a grain of salt

+1
    aren't you a salesman, your upset with vspec1 cause what he said might cause you to lose sales, now your saying to take what a riva salesman says with a grain of salt ???????? if it wasn't for riva, where would you be today ????? interesting message here........

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    aren't you a salesman, your upset with vspec1 cause what he said might cause you to lose sales, now your saying to take what a riva salesman says with a grain of salt ???????? if it wasn't for riva, where would you be today ????? interesting message here........
    Nice post Big John

Am I a salesman? Never considered myself a salesman, but I do sell parts. I am not brand loyal and give HONEST information and expect the same to be posted on this forum for the people here. They deserve GOOD info.

When Vspec1 made his post it was extremely misleading to anyone with an FZR, VXR or FX SHO that may have been considering purchasing this pump. Yes it would have hurt sales. This is exactly why I stepped in to clear things up. Sorry for being a good "salesman" here....

I'm glad Vspec1 posted this info as we all now know not to use this pump on a GPR or GPR conversion. I just wish he had done it differently. Read his post again... it makes it sound like ANYONE that uses this pump will lose 3 mph. How is that exactly a fair representation of this product?

Had he posted something along the lines of, "hey guys don't use this pump on a GPR SHO conversion. I had lots of cavitation and lost 3 mph" then I would have had ZERO issue with it.

I know you and vspec1 are buddies and that's what prompted you to make this post, but if you don't see where I'm coming from with this oh well... it is what it is.

I always laugh at you guys that always claim I'm Riva loyal and now this comment you posted, "if it wasn't for riva, where would you be today ?????" is the best one I've heard yet.

Fact of the matter is I sell LESS Riva parts than I do other brands.

I don't normally post my personal business, but since you feel the need to take a "jab" at my success and accuse it of being because of Riva I have to stop you right there! John, I was financially successful long before I started this site or started selling parts. I have been a large part of our family business which was founded by my Grandfather in 1961. Those "nice" things you see me have are a result of this success, not from selling ski parts. In fact, if you knew how little I actually made from this forums online store you would laugh and wonder why I even bother. I do it because it's my passion and I love helping others. The extra money is nice as it pays for my ski modifying addiction

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    Big John you are a great guy no doubt
    I have known Jerry along time even before this site existed and was never developed to get money but to make a better place for our sport
    Jerry is the same guy me and my family knew back in 2004 but maybe a little more successfull lol
    If a lot of people were on here complaining about lost speed on a fourstroke platform I would agree with ya but when the smoke clears and the dust settles you can always count on jerry he does provide us with a great spot while he deals with a lot of bs that we probably don't even know about

When i heard vspec putting this pump in a gpr I almost warned him but I kept my mouth shut due to the fact that I do know theory but don't know chit when it comes to the gpr platform. Keep your head up it's all good

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread Information