Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    I'm hoping to have everything together and ready to test on my FZR late this month or early next month. I'm having the impeller pitched to 14/20 to start because I'm only running a B1 wheel. I'll try it with a stock nozzle and one bored to 84.5. The consensus among most of those "in the know" is that I will lose speed because of the B1. There has only been one reliable source that said I won't lose speed, so we'll see. I'm not worried about losing 1 mph, I mostly want the hole shot and midrange, but don't want to lose much more than 1 MPH. As far as I know, nobody has actually tried with a similar setup to mine, so hopefully, I can get some good "real world" results within a month. I'm targeting 8250-8300 RPMs.
    Your 160 wear ring will be there later this week! Hope your setup works out for!

+1
    [QUOTE=vspec1;2118502][QUOTE=Green Hulk;2118426]
    Quote Originally Posted by vspec1 View Post
    Jerry, I would be more than happy to trade you this Riva pump for your Scat pump....I'm sure if the Riva pump worked so well you would have one on your boat. I kind of wish you were not a parts seller and just a normal member of the board. You wouldnt have to pull your hair out !! Plus you wouldnt have to defend the products in your store.

I have been in this industry for way too long to know that in the world of aftermarket not every product is as descibed. Im NOT saying that it doesnt work on a FZR/SHO but time will tell...It maybe the perfect pump for a stage 1 or 2 boat? I will not post my findings on the 85mph FZR we have to test the pump on unless we have good results
    Sorry I have been on this site for many years and I have never felt Jerry pushed products that don't work! If he did you would see a lot of threads about people getting mad they don't get X speed from a certain part (like you use to see on rivas forums years ago)

3. +1 by:

+1
    Im glad that I did post it because the forum is about bouncing ideas off of each other and getting imput from others with more knowledge on pumps. It may help someone else that is thinking of using this pump on a GPR. I have already saved them the money... Many ideas and comments have gone back and forth, I believe this is good for the forum?
    I'm glad you posted it too, but wish you had done it differently. Go back and read your post it sounds like a complete bash on the pump. If you truly want to help members here with GOOD information it should have been worded something like, "hey guys if you try to use this pump in a GPR beware because I didn't get good results"

Instead, you are steering people away because you got shitty results on your GPR. That's not exactly fair representation of this product.

Jerry, I would be more than happy to trade you this Riva pump for your Scat pump....I'm sure if the Riva pump worked so well you would have one on your boat.
    There's a $2800 difference in price between the Riva pump and the Skat. Want to trade now?

Really though, at the power level my ski is making I need more vanes than the 12 vanes in the Riva pump

I kind of wish you were not a parts seller and just a normal member of the board. You wouldnt have to pull your hair out !! Plus you wouldnt have to defend the products in your store.
    Bullshit! I have no bias towards any product. If it's a bad product I'm the first to admit it. I have my favorite parts and am not brand loyal to any of the manufacturers. Any info you get from me is 100% unbiased and truthful information based on facts. In return if someone such as yourself try's to tarnish a products reputation because you got poor results using the pump on an application it wasn't intended then look for me to step in every time. I owe it to the members here on this forum to see to it that they get good information.

I will not post my findings on the 85mph FZR we have to test the pump on unless we have good results
    You are welcome to post your results both good and bad. We look forward to them!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shaby_FZR View Post
    By the way, Patrick, i really like the pic on your profile ...lol
    Im jealous of where you live !!! Really want to get to Bora Bora one day !!! Is that you on your ski in the background?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	four-seasons-bora-bora.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	294166  

+1
    I wish it were me You are welcome to fly over here whenever you want
    We have a few skis, not as fast as yours but fast enough, and we'll be happy to take you around the island
    Last edited by shaby_FZR; 03-06-2013 at 08:04 PM. Reason: adding comments

+1
    Please end the bickering, and get back to the topic. If you're trying this setup in a GPR, start a new thread in the appropriate 2stroke yamaha page and drop a link for us to see on this page, now the tread is being hijacked by your misfortune comments.

I just wrapped up my H1 build and installed the pump without any problems, perfect fit for the FZS. Will test with a video review in April as we're getting more snow in NY this week.
    Anybody have videos of this pump in action.?

8. +1 by:

Riva designed this pump for the FZ and FX hull and pump inlets. Deans Team was heavily involved in the testing process when Riva was developing pumps. Deans Team testing on the FZ and FX crafts showed increased top speed (+1mph) along with better hook up and mid-range pull along with eliminating the spin off bottom that occurred using many different pumps and pump cones over the years. My response from people that bought this pump are getting the same results and added performce over the pump they currently were using.

Deans Team has successfully run the Riva pump on the race course with excellent results.
    > Hydrodrags
    > World Finals Limited World Championship (Note: IJSBA Limited FZ package is similar to a Riva Stage 3+ set up)

Kingscup in Thailand Championship.

Deans Team has never tested the Riva pump in the GPR hull applications. Riva does not market the pump for GPR applications and most important have any prop calibrations for a GPR.

+1
    Thanks Dean. So this pump will work on my fzr and fx that great. I have both machines will have too try it on the fx next sweet!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansteam View Post
    Deans Team testing on the FZ and FX crafts showed increased top speed (+1mph) along with better hook up and mid-range pull along with eliminating the spin off bottom that occurred using many different pumps and pump cones over the years.
    What were the power levels or setups of the skis that had no spin off the bottom with this pump? Stock or skis running 15+psi of boost with R3 equivalent tunes?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pwc4life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansteam View Post
    Deans Team testing on the FZ and FX crafts showed increased top speed (+1mph) along with better hook up and mid-range pull along with eliminating the spin off bottom that occurred using many different pumps and pump cones over the years.
    What were the power levels or setups of the skis that had no spin off the bottom with this pump? Stock or skis running 15+psi of boost with R3 equivalent tunes?
    It was also my understanding that you run the dual prop set-up in all your boats? Thats huge all the way thru the rpm range. I dont have that kind of power...
    Last edited by vspec1; 03-06-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread Information