Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by pops View Post
    Possibly a bad "Tip Over (Vehicle down) Sensor"? Item 27010A. It's there to kill engine in a tip over and it's not unheard of for them to go bad. Manual tells how to test it.

I was thinking it could be that I might have to find out how to inspect it.......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SEDUCE View Post
    I was thinking it could be that I might have to find out how to inspect it.......
    You have the manual? I have a PDF of 15f and Ultra 250x if you need them. Explains the testing and troubleshooting

You have the manual? I have a PDF of 15f and Ultra 250x if you need them. Explains the testing and troubleshooting
    Anyone know how to bypass it to see if it is faulty??? can you bridge it out or something?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SEDUCE View Post
    Anyone know how to bypass it to see if it is faulty??? can you bridge it out or something?
    Been reading manual in the fuel system section for the testing procedure / voltage readings expected. What I see is it is not a simple on/off switch. with 4.75 ~ 5.25 volts from the ECU, the correct out put in the normal "up" position should be 3.55 ~ 4.45 Volts across the two outside connector pins on the plug. But this is with the plug connected as normal. With the plug disconnected, it acts as ski is down. I would guess that a potentiometer connected across the connector from ECU and adjusted to show the 3.55 ~ 4.45 volts would simulate a good sensor. Looks like it's around 5V in, 4V out is good.

In theory, bench testing the sensor using a USB cable would give you 5VDC output into the sensor. The voltage drop across the sensor should be about 1 volt in normal up position. There should be some sort of current limiting device to prevent a dead short across the power supply, like a automotive light bulb rated for 12VDC. If all is normal, the test wouldn't really see the light bulb, but in a dead short, the resistance of the bulb would prevent max smoke.

You can look at this page for some ideas https://www.edaboard.com/showthread....ing-regulators

STX 15F miss

My STX 15 has an intermmitent miss. I thought I had bad gas so I drained it and refilled with fresh. To do this I ran it for about an hour to get all of the gas out. When I refilled it, it seemed better. Running it a month later I have the miss again. It seems like it may get better as it warms up, like when I ran the gas out. I was thinking maybe a bad coil that dries out when it warms up. It does seem to be ignition related now. Any ideas? Are bad coils common or testable?
    Thanks,
    Kevin

Been reading manual in the fuel system section for the testing procedure / voltage readings expected. What I see is it is not a simple on/off switch. with 4.75 ~ 5.25 volts from the ECU, the correct out put in the normal "up" position should be 3.55 ~ 4.45 Volts across the two outside connector pins on the plug. But this is with the plug connected as normal. With the plug disconnected, it acts as ski is down. I would guess that a potentiometer connected across the connector from ECU and adjusted to show the 3.55 ~ 4.45 volts would simulate a good sensor. Looks like it's around 5V in, 4V out is good.

In theory, bench testing the sensor using a USB cable would give you 5VDC output into the sensor. The voltage drop across the sensor should be about 1 volt in normal up position. There should be some sort of current limiting device to prevent a dead short across the power supply, like a automotive light bulb rated for 12VDC. If all is normal, the test wouldn't really see the light bulb, but in a dead short, the resistance of the bulb would prevent max smoke.

You can look at this page for some ideas https://www.edaboard.com/showthread....ing-regulators

+1
    Subscribed - AWESOME thread!

Sr, i bouight a 2006 stx 12, i install a battery, gauges turn on, but no start signal, the seller told me that must be reprogramed, but don`t see a diagnose port, have a reference for this issue as also a 15F are in same condition

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information