Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    +1
    Whats the fuss about? Thats a real nice $1200 ski around here
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    OK, here's another one.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/bod/3596285588.html

Maybe I'm missing something here. Perhaps a 'full race West Coast 750 cc motor' is really something special these days. Maybe it's the trailer.

Somebody, please tell me what I'm missing! I've got some old 'Skis that I'd LOVE to sell for just half of that price!

+1
    The loonies are out in force: http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/boa/3609962664.html

I wonder how much they would want in warmer weather.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    nada is $3500 withthe trailer, but he owes quite a bit in back child support payments..hence the 'additonal costs'..not to mention thta fully integrated engine management system.

used thongs left in front stroage bay could also account for higher costs

i guess people expect to be "negotiated with" so they never put in what the really want to get ( apologies to les from hardcaore pawn)

Austin/San Antonio is always good for people selling older items for a laughable amount of money

+1
    And here's another one: http://odessa.craigslist.org/boa/3675521167.html

You take a $1800 boat, blow it up, spend $1200 on it to get it running, and that makes it worth $4000...

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    And here's another one: http://odessa.craigslist.org/boa/3675521167.html

You take a $1800 boat, blow it up, spend $1200 on it to get it running, and that makes it worth $4000...
    wow what a f-. loon man, guys smoking salts or meth. gotta be high as a kite to post something like that

+1
    actually I often advise my customers ( after smoking my daily ration of spice) that ANY money they put in the ski doubles it value, heck..I don't even have a 401..I just buy junk, fix it and sell it for about twice the going price!

Usually when tuff rolls off the lot, it loses value..when stuff rolls onto my lot it doubles in value!

The ONLY money you don't get back if for paint and upholstery.

After dealing with lots of craigs list folks every body expects to be heavily lowballed, so they tend to inflate everything like a freakin hookers injectable implant.

so hulkers..would YOU pay 2k for a 98 ulta 150 that was in mind shape with $1200 worth of pump work on it ( cause you know he didn't get a new engine for $1200) People just don't get it.

that trailer better come gold plated with tires made out of baby seals at that price.

yeah..he might have 4k into into it if he stupid enough to buy a brand new trailer..but he'll never ever see that money out of it.

So I built this monster PC this winter..all top line stuff, I have ALL the receipts for everything..now I want every nickel I put into it + $100 to assemble it.

(note, you can by a top of the line dell with the same monitor for about $200 less..oh yeah..three year warranty on that puppy)

the only thing that is really holding it's value now are firearms..no doubt due to the uber short supply. I could sell my light 12 semi-auto shotgun for about triple what I paid for it since the job I did with that walmart camoflauge tape makes it look like a factory built duck gun.

No doubt I could see a couple of my handguns for double or triple what I paid..and my ruger .223?..NOT FOR SALE

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    You might want to take a couple less doses of spice.......Ultra 150 came out in '99

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    You might want to take a couple less doses of spice.......Ultra 150 came out in '99
    as it often happens when I ramble on things not specific to some kind of repair, the totally sarcastic slant of my posts are simply misunderstood.

Life is too short, too sad and too cruel to strive for accuracy in humor.

I did once have a guy accuse my of being a shyster when I was gushing over the design of the seadoo 4-tec.

"There is no such thing as a three cylinder engine..everybody knows that"

the above is neither humors or untrue

I threw up in my mouth a little and then told him I had to get back to "work"

This has been entertaining and creative but nmpeter I am wondering if I may ask one question:

If you were driving down freeway, and you are late, through no fault of your own, and others are driving slowly for no legitimate reason, and someone cuts you off, causing you to swerve and spill hot coffee on your lap and on your Iphone, which just went out of warranty, what would you do?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information