Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

+1
    What kind of resistor? About 330 OHM? Does anyone have any pictures of what they have done in terms of wiring in a switch to bypass the hot start issue?

Unhappy Hot Start Problem with STX 15f

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vwmikey99 View Post
    I bought TWO of the 21176-0741 for my 2007 Kawasaki STX 12F and when I plugged them in without installing them..it just said over heat right away and would not start the machine.
    best solution right now for a 12f is to sell them to someone with a 15f sadly, I have not had time to get the 12f tune sorted out yet.

Sean
    I have either a 2006 or 2010 Kawasaki STX 15f. I have the hot start problem everyone here talks about. My question is about the right part number to use. I see several references to 21176-3758 and that is listed on every site where I look up the part number, but then there is a recommendation to use part number 21176-0741.

Several postings have also mentioned that if you update the part you have to reprogram your ECU but it is not clear if that is just for the 12f vs the 15f. In addition, the 3758 is about $25 more than the newer part 0741.

I've had the ski in several time explaining to the dealer what is going on and they act like the ski is perfect and have no idea what I'm talking about unless I'm willing to pay to have them ride the ski all day.

Then I see these post and it seems exactly my problem. Very frustrating to say the least. At any rate, any help and advice is very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pjernigan View Post
    I have either a 2006 or 2010 Kawasaki STX 15f. I have the hot start problem everyone here talks about. My question is about the right part number to use. I see several references to 21176-3758 and that is listed on every site where I look up the part number, but then there is a recommendation to use part number 21176-0741.

Several postings have also mentioned that if you update the part you have to reprogram your ECU but it is not clear if that is just for the 12f vs the 15f. In addition, the 3758 is about $25 more than the newer part 0741.

I've had the ski in several time explaining to the dealer what is going on and they act like the ski is perfect and have no idea what I'm talking about unless I'm willing to pay to have them ride the ski all day.

Then I see these post and it seems exactly my problem. Very frustrating to say the least. At any rate, any help and advice is very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Paul
    so I chased down the path of the exhaust manifold temperature and installed the bypass resistor. The one time it happened since then, the bypass resistor on the exhaust sensor did not fix it. Can the oil temperature sensor cause the same issue? I know they both play into the ecu f/a calculation, but I wasn't sure if that one could have the same effect and cause hot start issues.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vwmikey99 View Post
    What kind of resistor? About 330 OHM? Does anyone have any pictures of what they have done in terms of wiring in a switch to bypass the hot start issue?
    I don't have any pics available but a 330 ohm is way too low. The circuit needs to see a high resistance, I used a 100k ohm on my 2003 12F which required a higher resistance, however I think the 15Fs were around 50k. All it requires was a SPDT Waterproof momentary switch and the resistor. The schematic is floating around, if not I will have to draw something up in eagle CAD.

200k ohm was the number to use on the Stx-15f.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue1 View Post
    The circuit needs to see a high resistance, I used a 100k ohm on my 2003 12F which required a higher resistance, however I think the 15Fs were around 50k. All it requires was a SPDT Waterproof momentary switch and the resistor.
    dont forget the switch has to be a NC (Normally Closed) type.. Here is the link with a schematic
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=236877

I use a 100K resistor and works every time

Does anyone know if just removing the sensor from the manifold while still having it connected to the miles plug still work?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information