Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TDR View Post
    I hope mine dosent go this weekend. That will be the last time I ride with it, Then next week Riva IC
    I think your riva ic has failed by the look of it nick
    How uncanny !!

+1
    There are 3 bulletins right now about I/C's...The first says to modify any left over in stock units if we think the customer is gonna take it to salt water...The second says to modify it if it is a sold unit and if we think the customer will take it to salt water and the 3rd says to replace it with the new design if it is leaking....

BRP has made a pisser that we are supposed to modify the stock one with if it isnt leaking....Personally, I would just replace it..I dont like the "modification" they are asking us to do...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    There are 3 bulletins right now about I/C's...The first says to modify any left over in stock units if we think the customer is gonna take it to salt water...The second says to modify it if it is a sold unit and if we think the customer will take it to salt water and the 3rd says to replace it with the new design if it is leaking....

BRP has made a pisser that we are supposed to modify the stock one with if it isnt leaking....Personally, I would just replace it..I dont like the "modification" they are asking us to do...
    Can you please post a scannd image of the bulletins? I would like to see that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasdjames1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post

Can you please post a scannd image of the bulletins? I would like to see that.
    I am at home and dont have the bulletins here...Sorry

+1
    Is this a 2011 model thing or do the 2010's have similar problems???

+1
    2010's had a larger different IC

+1
    Interesting. Thanks again.

+1
    So I discussed the service bulletin with my dealer. Basically there are two different ones.
    Option 1
    -Warranty Bulletin from UNregistered watercraft used in saltwater only. This Warranty Bulletin covers installing the drilling a hole in the existing intercooler and hull. Then a bleed line is installed. The intercooler is not replaced but rather modified.

Option 2
    -Service Bulletin to replace the existing intercooler with a new intercooler, which the bleed line is already welded on the new intercooler. This Service Bulletin then discussed drilling the hole in the hull and installing the bleed line.

I do not think I will qualify for Option 1 (Warranty Bulletin) because my watercraft is already registered. Do I qualify for Option 2 to be provided for free? Are Service Bulletins provided for free or do I have to wait for the intercooler fail and have it replaced under warranty? Basically does Sea Doo's perform Service Bulletins proactively free of charge? From what I read this is not a recall.

+1
    The main problem IMO there failing is that your pushing the same pressure of water to the intercoolers as the old style bigger cores but yet They have smaller cores with same tiny reliefs. Smaller cores more pressure. If you were on a budget the best thing to do is create a completely seperate relief for the intercooler itself.

+1
    To put it simple , the newer IC on all the Seadoo 2011 + are a P.O.S ..

Seen ones changed out on brand new skis with only 1 hr on them ....

Also when they have been leaking and not found and left , the piston rings are sticking causing ring failure ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information