Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vtmikev View Post
    How is this for my Second Complaint about a 2005 GTX Limited (First time was because they put Yuasa Lead/Acid Battery in my Ski and not a Gel Battery...for some reason the caps all leak and break.....the cheapsters!) Anyway.........

I am very upset about your settlement of a Class Action Suit being limited to the State of California only. This restriction unfairly excludes other owners who have the same issues, concerns and EXPENSES in the other 49 States of the USA. This make me feel like talking to every LAWYER I know to see if we can start another CLASS ACTION SUIT against you in the States of Vermont and New Jersey and makes me feel like never purchasing another one of your products again....
    That is BS, but not surprising. Limit their liability by case, state, etc... Instead of being stand up about it and their product.

+1
    I am suprised they responded, but here it is.......

Thank you for contacting BRP.

This settlement is limited to the State of California only because the Class action was filed by Plaintiff only in California on behalf of persons who have purchased in California the PWC models described in the settlement.

This settlement is in no case an admission of liability by BRP and was done in order to avoid the expense and length of continued proceedings that would be necessary for all parties to continue the litigation.

Thank you for your time.

Jonathan
    Customer Service
    Service à la Clientèle
    BRP
    75, rue J-A Bombardier | Sherbrooke | QC | Canada | J1L 1W3
    T +1.819.566.3366 | F +1.819.566.3062 | US +1.715.848.4957

+1
    I really think we should contact lawyers in our own states to see if they would copy cat the Cali Class Action Suit.......

I bet we need to get approximation or better an accurate count of the number of people who swappd out there washers for the Riva Metal Washers or the ones who tried cheaper alternatives (ssomething that seams cray to me) to see if its worth while to them.....but I am sure it would be

4. +1 by:

put me ski in the shop 2 weeks ago for the sc'er. no ceramic washers were found.they took the engine apart found damage everywhere and now whats $8200 for everything. does anyone know if this Sea-Doo Ceramic Washer Class Action Settlement will cover all costs? or any other ideas what to do?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    How much ya gettin?
    Nothing for sure yet as documentation for repairs have to be submitted by January 2013. The final meeting will be in march I believe which is when the payout discussion will be.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 21man View Post
    put me ski in the shop 2 weeks ago for the sc'er. no ceramic washers were found.they took the engine apart found damage everywhere and now whats $8200 for everything. does anyone know if this Sea-Doo Ceramic Washer Class Action Settlement will cover all costs? or any other ideas what to do?
    Yes, the lawsuit states 3 different levels of reimbursement: a) you incurred engine damage as result of ceramic washers and incurred out of pocket expenses for repairs, b) you incurred engine damage due to failed washers but have not had engine repaired yet, c) you incurred out of pocket expenses for purchase of metal washers. Each of which in the claim is stating that it will be fully 100% reimbursed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Its because of all of the liberals in California..........
    Lol ain't that the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    That is BS, but not surprising. Limit their liability by case, state, etc... Instead of being stand up about it and their product.
    It's a settlement, not a recall. Big difference there.

But I do agree with your point, they should have done something a long time ago about the issue.

ok so i live in california i am not the orginal owner but ski was purchased in california how do i go about getting compensated for metal washer installation!

+1
    Wow.
    It's a step in the right direction.
    Now we have got to get the rest of the USA included.
    Somebody needs to find out what attorney filed in cal and see if they can do it for the rest of the USA.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information