Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oil?

On the 951 XPS synthetic is reccomended

+1
    I have alwaus used TC-W3 oils in my seadoo, Penzoil marine, Valvoline or the one from Kendall. I never had problems with them. Even though people has told me that sea doo engines don't like them. PV have not excess build up and my engine runs great. I do premix at 40:1 though.

Quote Originally Posted by aruba yamaha View Post
    I have alwaus used TC-W3 oils in my seadoo, Penzoil marine, Valvoline or the one from Kendall. I never had problems with them. Even though people has told me that sea doo engines don't like them. PV have not excess build up and my engine runs great. I do premix at 40:1 though.

My dealer suggested me to use the XPS synthetic blend on my 2smokers, no problems at all so far. I have an RXDI and an RX carbed and neither have had problems.

+1
    I just went to the dealer and got a bottel of seadoo full synthetic and they said they just got a pallet of the full synthetic and said he never heard that they were gonna stop making it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    call another source.
    I`m not to jiggy that XPS synth is 50.00 a gallon. Currently I have Yamaha lube 2W in the SeaPoo boat.
    I also have Mystik JT-4, and XPS blend on the shelf. and Amsoil, but that`s for the truck...

for injection oil, color does not matter. I prefer to use a colored oil when premixing, BUT it is not all that important bc I have used Interceptor in premix for years, just have to pay attention. I mark my fuel cans when mixed and the fuel cans are for premix ONLY...

what engine in your ski?

where did you get the Mystic? any place in N.J.?

still kicking ass and taking names! Pale Rider's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey785 View Post
    where did you get the Mystic? any place in N.J.?
    online here> http://www.mystiklubricants.com/do/c...y/SMALL_ENGINE

unless you find a Citgo gas station that carry`s it...

Mystik oil

Hello everyone.

Reviving an old thread. Though I should put my experience with Mystik 2 stroke oil out there. Picked up two blown Seadoos a couple of years ago. 97 GTX 787 and 97 GTI 717. Bore and 1st over top ends in both of them. Both have been running Mystik Sea and Snow from the start. After many tanks of fuel through both of them the GTI finaly burned down. Lost the Mag piston. 4 point seizure. After ripping a strip off the kids for not letting them warm up before they held it wide open. Tore it down to put in a new piston.

Turns out the injection cabe was never hooked up at the carbs. (Sorry kids ) GTI has only been getting idle oil setting from the start. Not sure how I missed that. Long story short... I think a motor to last that long with kids ruinning it wide open is quite a feat. More amazing... it was getting very little oil. I have been wreching on 2 strokes for 30+ years. Oil had to play a big part on the motor lasting as long as it did.

Just my $.02.

BTW... Mystik is on sale at CTC for $23 for a 5 liter jug. Much better deal than the XPS that is so hard to find. Dealers are few and far between in Northern Ontario.
    Last edited by Superdave1; 08-21-2015 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Adding a header

Pre mix....i use sinto oil mineral or synthetic...
    I never got issue with mineral oil sinto 33$ g

But i like torco oil...

Digging up this old thread because I’m having trouble finding synthetic 2-stroke oil locally. Went to the local marine store and found only semi-syn oil, I asked the, if it would work in my ski (95 xp800) and they said I should use the bombardier stuff. Well the closest dealer is about a 40 min drive and I can only go on Saturday morning because of the hours. So they have some Mystik JT4 full synthetic 2 stroke oil available nearby but it says it’s for snowmobiles. Would this work? Am I over-thinking it? I’m totally new to pwc stuff.
    https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/m...1729p.html#srp

I was able to find 2 stroke oil at a sled shop here in Buffalo, NY. That might be an option for you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information