Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
    AWA MEMBER
    +1
    high speed cornering was awesome the stock plate would "skip out" or buck in turns, this thing is SWEET NOW I took good turn at 70+ and felt real good ans stable

Any one for sale

+1
    Are they going to resume production of these? Just wondering with the OEM '14 plate on the horizon. I'd love to pickup a farthing plate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZ71LM7 View Post
    Are they going to resume production of these? Just wondering with the OEM '14 plate on the horizon. I'd love to pickup a farthing plate.
    Why according to Jerry they are basically the same thing? Why not pick up a quality Yamaha part for less when its released?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZ71LM7 View Post
    Why according to Jerry they are basically the same thing? Why not pick up a quality Yamaha part for less when its released?
    Just curious was all. I know they "look" the same, but wasn't sure if they were "close enough".

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    You will pay as much if not more for the Yamaha plate....they Know everyone will want to interchange parts so they will capitolize and after middle man markups everything will be high......they did it with the vx plate supercied the part number and raised the price. The quality part I believe tho.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    You will pay as much if not more for the Yamaha plate....they Know everyone will want to interchange parts so they will capitolize and after middle man markups everything will be high......they did it with the vx plate supercied the part number and raised the price. The quality part I believe tho.
    No you wont. Stock plates at cost are around $150 when done. You also will have a much better fitment plate. Why do you think someone in the know just sold his.

+1
    OEM FZR/S plates $225 in store, guess OEM for me when 14 plates arrive

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    OEM FZR/S plates $225 in store, guess OEM for me when 14 plates arrive

Wow really people? where do you see 14' parts available in the store? NO WHERE so 225 for a 13' or older ride plate........ don't be shocked when the actual pricing comes out.......and don't froget the middle man......I'll bet all the 14' parts will be grossly inflated, from the current prices.

Plate, sponsons, Impeller duct, exit nozzle, wear ring , stock prop, intake grate, transom plate..........People will want to retro those parts to the older ski......THERE GONNA MAKE YOU PAY..... FOR IT! remember about the middle men, and Yamaha who would rather you drop 14k+ on a NEW SKI.....not keep the one you have.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Take the VX plate for example.......we found out It made the FZ faster and EVERYONE WAS BUYING THEM, what does Yamaha do? They superceed the part number with a new part number and RAISE THE PRICE.....they were once 110 now your lucky if you find one for less than 180 bucks. say what you will people, these parts...... there gonna make you pay for sure.

Watch the Impeller duct, exit nozzle, and 160mm wear ring and stock prop prices for example...... 230 for the impeller duct now, exit nozzle 150......see what they are when these new parts come out.
    Last edited by JoeyDFZS; 10-30-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Thread Information