Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The "red" ski

+1
    Water leak could be coming in through the bearing carrier might need rebuild or a new one. No a major problem.

Possibly but don't think so, I have mostly rode the ski with the seat off inspecting all leaking factors, but I will check it out to see what it looks like..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rami_13b View Post
    heres some pics of the progress of the exhaust set up. im not sure if im going to go with the setup from the waterbox to the thru hull. whats your thought on how we have done it?
    Attachment 274623Attachment 274624
    Without some raised loop to the other side I would be worried about filling up the water box completely when not running. Then if going to 08 exhaust later it could back up into motor.

Don't worry duke, we have ditched the idea and are now creating a loop some how, it will be tight but we will make it work.

Bad news, we can't create 2 loops due to the hull on top making it too tight... Wouldit be a major risk to run it as pictured?

RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1
    I think if you ran the J-Pipe into that waterbox and then straight out the transom you would hard pressed to see water up past the bend. IMO.

If you ran the later downpipe I think you would just have to be concious that you didn't shut the engine down while at speed and have the "tidal wave" wash up the back of the ski.

You could put a baffle inside the waterbox to prevent water from washing through the box too quickly.

Yeah I was thinking of installing a baffle just to be safe,
    I have a simple question that hose company's like pirtek didn't even know how to answer.. The air line for the mech trim tabs goes through the hull, what sort of connection do you guys prefer to use to keep it all water tight, as the one on it at the moment is letting in water for sure, it isn't water tight at all. And I don't want to cut the line either.. I went to a hose business and they had no clue what to do.. Pretty funny.. Does anyone have a picture of how they went with the line through the hull? I just need to know exactly what to look for its a pretty easy situation. Just need the right bits etc..

+1
    You could go with a push connect bulkhead fitting with gaskets or if your hose hole is small enough seal the hose with silicone. IMO the bulkhead is the way to go.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rami_13b View Post
    Yeah I was thinking of installing a baffle just to be safe,
    I have a simple question that hose company's like pirtek didn't even know how to answer.. The air line for the mech trim tabs goes through the hull, what sort of connection do you guys prefer to use to keep it all water tight, as the one on it at the moment is letting in water for sure, it isn't water tight at all. And I don't want to cut the line either.. I went to a hose business and they had no clue what to do.. Pretty funny.. Does anyone have a picture of how they went with the line through the hull? I just need to know exactly what to look for its a pretty easy situation. Just need the right bits etc..
    take a pic to show what your talking about?

+1
    +1 one like beer posted a bulk head union

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information