Page 9099 of 9099 FirstFirst ... 8099859990499089909790989099
Results 90,981 to 90,988 of 90988
    +1
    Biden Creating Commission to Look Into Packing the Supreme Court

The Biden administration has created a commission to look into packing the Supreme Court.

The Democrats are looking for a way to cancel out conservatives that were appointed during the Trump administration.

The court is currently made up of six conservative justices and three liberals, after the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg.

“President Biden on Friday will order a 180-day study of adding seats to the Supreme Court, making good on a campaign-year promise to establish a bipartisan commission to examine the potentially explosive subjects of expanding the court or setting term limits for justices, White House officials said,” according to a report from the New York Times.

“The president acted under pressure from activists pushing for more seats to alter the ideological balance of the court after President Donald J. Trump appointed three justices, including one to a seat that Republicans had blocked his predecessor, Barack Obama, from filling for almost a year.”

According to his executive order issued on Friday, Biden will create a 36-member commission to look into potential consequences of changing the size of the court.

“The issue of whether to alter the size of the court, which has been set at nine members since just after the Civil War, is highly charged, particularly at a moment when Congress is almost evenly divided between the two parties. An attempt by Mr. Biden to increase the number of justices would require approval of Congress and would be met by fierce opposition,” the Times report continues.

The commission will be lead by Bob Bauer, former White House counsel for Barack Obama, and Cristina Rodriguez, who was deputy assistant attorney general in the Office of Legal Counsel for Obama.

Link

+1

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eyin-6wXMAAWJ6y.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	472897   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EyejAhDXAAAJfu7.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	472898  
    Last edited by Q in Arizona; Yesterday at 11:31 AM.

+1
    What an idiot...

BIDEN SENIOR ADVISOR:
    REPUBLICANS NEED TO STOP "HIDING BEHIND THE SECOND AMENDMENT"

He continued, “Republicans and NRA have hid behind the Second Amendment for far too long. When the Second Amendment was written, people were stuffing gunpowder into a musket to shoot. Now you have guns that can shoot 100 rounds in a minute, and that’s just completely different. These are weapons of war. They’re weapons of mass destruction."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...eapons-of-war/

I guess this pathetic puke doesn't realize those 'muskets' were actual weapons of war, and actually used to win the freedom he enjoys in America.

+1

+1
    Police Officers Pay Visit to Home of Anti-War Activist Over Harmless Tweet Criticizing AOC

Two plainclothes California police officers showed up to the home of an anti-war activist over a harmless tweet criticizing Democrat Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

The police officers were sent to the Los Angeles home of Ryan Wentz, an anti-war activist on April 8 on behalf of the Capitol Police.
    AOC denies any involvement, however many are asking who initiated the phone call to the Capitol Police.

The Grayzone reported:

As he waited for a food delivery at his home in Los Angeles on April 8, Ryan Wentz, an anti-war activist and producer for the online viral program, Soapbox, heard two men calling his name from over his front gate. When he approached, he realized they were not delivery drivers, but police officers flashing badges of the California Highway Patrol.

The cops informed Wentz that they had received a call from the Capitol Police, the federal law enforcement agency tasked with protecting the US Congress, about a tweet he had sent that allegedly threatened Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Wentz told The Grayzone, “The officers said, ‘We got a warning about a sitting member of Congress. And it was because of your tweet, which tagged them in it. And then they just wouldn’t back down from this accusation that I threatened to kill her.”

“I’m really shaken up right now. I was just visited by two plainclothes police officers from California Highway Patrol at my home. They said they came here on behalf of the Capitol Police and accused me of threatening AOC on Twitter yesterday. This is provably false,”

(1/X) I’m really shaken up right now. I was just visited by two plainclothes police officers from California Highway Patrol at my home. They said they came here on behalf of the Capitol Police and accused me of threatening @AOC on Twitter yesterday. This is provably false. pic.twitter.com/NGR8KViy93
    — Human Rights Watch Watcher (@queeralamode) April 8, 2021

Wentz believes his criticism of AOC’s comments on Palestine/Israel prompted the visit from the police.

Wentz never threatened AOC and he has never threatened a member of Congress.

(2/X) I assume this is the tweet they are talking about, where I lightly criticized @AOC for a disappointing answer in response to a question about Palestine/Israel. https://t.co/vNfGcctgsR

Wentz said the police intimidated him and he feels violated.

(3/X) This is completely outrageous. I was visited by two police at my home over a harmless tweet about @AOC. I felt scared, intimidated, and violated. They knew my name and where I live. It was done on behalf of a congresswoman who advocates against police state tactics.

The activist said he doesn’t feel safe in his home.

(4/X) I’d really appreciate it if @AOC could look into this. I recognize she probably receives a lot of threats, but I shouldn’t be harassed by police for critiquing her politics. I frankly feel very unsafe in my home right now.

A spokesperson for AOC said the Congresswoman did not report the tweet to the Capitol Police.

A spokesperson for @AOC says they did not report this post to police, and have asked for answers from Capitol Police: “No, not at all. But when we saw his tweets last night about being visited we asked Capitol Police to look into what happened here.” https://t.co/uFtColz8AV
    — Ryan Grim (@ryangrim) April 9, 2021

Link

6. +1 by:

+1

Name:	557311eb96ad5060.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	224.6 KB 
ID:	472908   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a24230f27dd24f9d.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	916.8 KB 
ID:	472909   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccd9f071c983d84b.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	716.9 KB 
ID:	472910  

+1
    WIsconsin Supreme Court Rules Voters Can Stay on Voter Rolls Even After They Move

The Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled on Friday that voters can stay on the voter rolls even after they move.

Of course, the ruling is insane and adds more confusion to the election process.

The Wisconsin Institute for Law and liberty says it is now up to the legislature to ensure fair and free elections and fix the law.

The Sentinel-Journal reported:

The Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled Friday that state election officials do not have to quickly take people off the voter rolls when they suspect they may have moved.

The 5-2 ruling means the Wisconsin Elections Commission will not force tens of thousands of people off the rolls near a major election, such as the 2022 contest for governor and U.S. Senate.

From the outset, the case has been fraught with politics. Conservatives who brought the lawsuit said they wanted to make sure the state’s voter lists are accurate, while Democrats and election officials warned a change in state policy could result in some voters being bumped off the rolls when they shouldn’t be.

The Wisconsin Institute for Law and Liberty issued a statement following today’s ruling.

The News: The Wisconsin Supreme Court issued a 5-2 decision, Friday, that the Wisconsin Elections Commission (WEC) does not have a duty to remove voters from the rolls who have been flagged as having moved from their voting address. The Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty (WILL) sued WEC in November 2019 on behalf of three Wisconsin voters.

Quote: WILL President and General Counsel, Rick Esenberg, said, “This is a disappointing setback for those who expect Wisconsin state agencies to follow the law. The Court held today that the legislature created a duty and failed to provide an effective way for that duty to be carried out or enforced by voters.

We respectfully disagree. It is now up to the legislature to fix the law. WILL remains committed to the rule of law and to a reasonable set of election rules that acknowledges that the right to vote involves both convenience and assurances of accuracy and integrity.”

Background: WILL sued the Wisconsin Elections Commission, on behalf of three Wisconsin voters, because the state agency made a decision in 2019 to leave old and outdated voter registrations on the voter rolls for 12 to 24 months. At a hearing on December 13, 2019 Ozaukee County Circuit Court Judge, Paul Malloy, ordered the Wisconsin Elections Commission to immediately comply with state law – cleaning up the voter rolls and removing registrations from outdated addresses.

After a petition to bypass to the Supreme Court resulted in a 3-3 tie (Justice Kelly recused), the Court of Appeals issued a stay on Judge Malloy’s decision on January 14, 2020 and overturned and remanded the decision on February 28.

Link

Name:	q~2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	472911  

+1
    Ya don't say? Pretty sure they have already been doing this for quite some time.

Japan Comes Clean, Admits Dumping Fukushima Radioactive Water In Pacific Ocean Is Now "Unavoidable"

While Japan last month marked the 10th anniversary of the devastating 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami with solemn ceremonies, the government has also been stressing the successes of its recovery efforts in the country’s northeast.

In truth, however, the country is still coping with the aftermath of the Fukushima Daiichi disaster, which has already cost Japan trillions of yen and whose exclusion zone will require up to 40 more years to fully rehabilitate.

And with contaminated water continuing to build up at the ruined Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant, Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga says that the government must finally begin dumping it into the Pacific Ocean.
    With nuclear waste and fuel rods still contaminating the area, over one million tons of radioactive waste water continue to seep from the facility, according to The Japan Times, forcing authorities into what Suga describes as the “unavoidable” position of having to dump the water.

Officials claim that the water would be purified to the maximum extent possible, but environmentalist groups like Greenpeace warn that the water contains hazardous material that could damage human DNA and the health of marine life.

#Fukushima water release could change human DNA, Greenpeace warns: a "major contributor to collective human radiation dose and has the potential to damage human DNA." https://t.co/S0864I4Vns
    — Jasper Teulings (@Patagorda) October 27, 2020

Fishermen also fear that consumers will refuse to buy fish caught in contaminated waters, worsening their plight amid a restriction of imports from Fukushima prefecture imposed by 15 countries and regions.
    Regardless, authorities argue they must deal with the cards that have been dealt.

“What to do with the [treated] water is a task that the government can no longer put off without setting a policy,” Japanese trade minister Hiroshi Kajiyama said on Wednesday.

Suga is expected to formally decide on the course of action by next Tuesday. If he proceeds, authorities will dilute tritium to 2.5 percent of the maximum concentration allowed by the country before it is dumped.

But while Japanese officials say that the water will be safe, it remains an open question whether people will trust their word.

Link

Page 9099 of 9099 FirstFirst ... 8099859990499089909790989099

Thread Information