Page 8030 of 8112 FirstFirst ... 70307530798080208028802980308031803280408080 ... LastLast
Results 80,291 to 80,300 of 81120
    +1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 1 dfgsdfgdfgdffffff.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	415.3 KB 
ID:	458521  

+1
    Gun Confiscations R Us: California County Proposes New ‘Gun Removal Team’

According to SFGate, a site that bills itself as the Bay City News Service, a proposal has been put forth by the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors to facilitate gun confiscation. Now, it’s important to note the proposed gun law applies specifically to people who have had restraining orders (RO) and temporary protection orders (TRO) taken out against them.

SFGate reports as follows:

The Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors on Tuesday will consider funding a new team specifically aimed at getting guns out of violent hands.

Board president Cindy Chavez will introduce a proposal to earmark nearly $430,000 to support a “gun team” tasked with removing guns from repeated domestic abusers and people with temporary restraining orders against them.

“It is a lethal combination where there’s a case involving domestic violence and a court order to remove a gun from a person with a restraining order against them, particularly if it’s not enforced,” Chavez said during a Monday news conference.

So where is that nearly-half-a-mil initial investment of funds coming from?

County general fund money would pay for a new criminal investigator and attorney for the county gun team. Several other positions would be funded by grants from the Bay Area Urban Areas Security Initiative.

Sounds like a good gun law, right? People known to be violent will have their guns confiscated thus protecting the victims of their abuse.

The current methodology in the Golden State is that if you have a restraining order issued against you, you have to turn in your own gun. As court.ca.gov says:

If the law enforcement officer does not take your firearms [when you are served], you have to turn them in to the police or sell them to, or store them with, a licensed firearms dealer. (Respond to a Request for Firearms Restraining Order, https://www.courts.ca.gov/33680.htm?rdeLocaleAttr=en)

What could possibly go wrong?

Coming at this as someone who has had to take out a restraining order against a violent ex gives me a unique perspective, but it probably isn’t the one you’d expect. This particular attempt at forming a gun confiscation team is being presented with the claim of being for violent offenders and people with active restraining orders against them.

Looks good on the surface, right? Finally, a common-sense gun law! Guess again.

Gun confiscation is a slippery slope. Authorizing and funding law enforcement to put together a team to go in and take guns away is an iffy proposition at best. It might be starting with people – and the occasional woman – who’ve had a restraining order issued against them, but where does it end? And what about the restraining orders that are wrongly put in place?

If the 21 days passes between the TRO being issued and the court date, and the judge decides it should never have happened, is the person going to get their guns back? Good luck with that. I seriously doubt it.

The gun confiscation team isn’t a perfect solution it’s more like a wolf in sheep’s clothing. For an added touch of irony, Deputy District Attorney Marisa McKeown said “…the very voluminous California laws on guns mean nothing if we don’t adequately and smartly enforce them.”

Exactly. Law enforcement can already take firearms from people when they serve a firearms-specific restraining order, so why do they need a dedicated team? They don’t. Enforce the existing gun laws — of which there are far too many in California already — and move on.

Two thumbs way, way, down for this one, California (as with the vast majority of your gun laws). If you’re being abused, defend yourself. Get a restraining order – yes, really, get one – and get yourself armed and trained. You know the drill; say it with me. When seconds count law enforcement and all associated gun laws are only minutes away.

Link

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Wow, I don't know why you're always so angry and pissed off. It was just a simple question. Why wouldn't you vote for Bernie, isn't he enough of a "Climate Change" hero for you? Doesn't he match your progressive style / Commie marching values? Why are you being so secretive about your vote, are you ashamed of it? You weren't ashamed when you told us you marched with Communists, as I recall you seemed kind of proud about it.

BTW, I couldn't help but notice when I made a post directed at "Commie Marcher" you snapped to attention and answered.
    When I was raised it was not a question people asked.
    Since your from Bumfuckistan I wouldn't expect you to know this.
    However I am glad you moved here since they kill gaylords like yourself over there.
    Now go enjoy some freedom. Brought to you by those whom have sacrificed, even for you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    Since your from Bumfuckistan I wouldn't expect you to know this.
    However I am glad you moved here since they kill gaylords like yourself over there.
    Now go enjoy some freedom. Brought to you by those whom have sacrificed, even for you.
    You attempt the high ground by citing moral code, then in the next line immediately insult him, then bleat like the left's sheep about freedoms daring to mention those brave soldiers sacrificing their lives to protect said freedoms when you LITERALLY marched with communists who happily killed our soldiers whilst fighting to protect these freedoms! You illogical git, can you not see this?!! You are a lefty beta male and we all know it. Stop. Just stop.

+1
    Costco Sells Out Of Emergency Food Kits Online Amidst Coronavirus Outbreak

“We’re sorry, no products were found.”

Costco Wholesale, which is one of America’s biggest suppliers of long-term storable food, sold out of all their “emergency food kits” on their website after the CDC warned that Americans should be prepared in case the coronavirus becomes a pandemic.

Visitors to the “Emergency [Food] Kits & Supplies” section of their website are currently greeted with a message saying, “We’re sorry, no products were found.”

When I visited their site on Tuesday, only two products were listed, one of which was a large bin of macaroni and cheese. The site gave an error when I tried to open the page and said it was sold out. On Wednesday, the page was down altogether.

A Twitter user shared a screenshot of their page on Monday highlighting how they sold out of their $4,999 pallets:

Costco has sold out of the $4999 pallet with 1 year's worth of food (2800 servings!), but the 23 lb mac-and-cheese bucket with up to 20-year shelf life is still available.https://t.co/N28YCvGciL pic.twitter.com/QXdZMkhe9c
    — Fat Tail Capital (@FatTailCapital) February 24, 2020
    I visited a local Costco warehouse to stock up on Wednesday morning and didn’t see any emergency food kits, though there was plenty of 12-25 lbs bags of rice.

Link

Name:	273333_image.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	458530  

+1
    Bloomberg Claims Americans Are ’22 Times More Likely To Get Killed” If They Have A Gun At Home

Pushes for gun control “at federal level”

Democratic Presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg made several dubious claims during a CNN townhall on Wednesday night, in an effort to push an extreme gun control agenda he has long sought to implement.

Without citing any specific statistics or studies, Bloomberg, who is surrounded 24/7 by armed guards, claimed that Americans are much more at risk of injury and death if they keep a gun at home.

“You don’t want to have guns. If you have a gun in your house you’re something like 22 times as likely to get killed with a gun.” Bloomberg claimed.

“There’s domestic violence, there’s children playing, there’s accidents.” he added.

Watch:

Despite Bloomberg’s claim, a study from his own Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health found no “clear association between firearm restrictions for domestic abusers and reduced fatal mass shootings.”

Bloomberg went on to jump to conclusions regarding a shooting at Molson Coors in Milwaukee, despite the fact that no detailed information about the gunman had been released at the time.

More!

+1
    Biden Says Founders Didn’t Want ‘Everyone’ to Own a Gun

Contrary to Biden’s claims, the purpose of the Second Amendment was to be sure the citizens at large were armed in order to defend their lives and liberty

CLAIM: During the Wednesday night CNN town hall Democrat presidential hopeful Joe Biden claimed the Founding Fathers did not intend for “everyone” to own guns.

VERDICT: False. The purpose of the Second Amendment was to be sure the citizens at large were armed in order to defend their lives and liberty.

Biden began his comments by suggesting that “no amendment is absolute,” adding, “None of you can stand up on the First Amendment, free speech, and yell ‘fire’ in here [or] you’ll be arrested.”

He then transitioned to Second Amendment rights, saying, “From the very beginning the Founder[s] said, ‘Not everyone is able to have a gun and you can’t have any weapon you want.’”

Contrary to Biden’s claims, the purpose of the Second Amendment was to be sure the citizens at large were armed in order to defend their lives and liberty. Moreover, the Founding Fathers wanted broad gun ownership in order to give teeth to the militia, should it have to be called together. This is why the phrases “well-regulated militia” and “the right to keep and bear arms” compliment each other, rather than cancel out one another, in the text of the Second Amendment.

Alexander Hamilton’s Federalist 84 is very informative here, inasmuch as Hamilton argued that natural rights are exoteric in nature, the possession of all mankind, and therefore so broadly possessed and understood that a bill of rights to protect them was unnecessary. He went so far as to warn that a bill of rights would be dangerous because it would give the government the impression that it could take action against all aspects of freedom that were not protected by explicit amendments and/or enumerations.
    Read more

+1

Name:	1 1 fdgdfgdfgffff.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	341.0 KB 
ID:	458531  

+1
    Some Observations This Morning..

Some Amazon and Walmart items are being gobbled up or are low due to not coming from suppliers. I have seen comments on other blogs where people are noting that items are not in stock or people are buying up extra. The local grocery or big box stores like Costco, BJs etc.
    Searching "Purell" on Amazon it seems high priced. It's available but not in all sizes or configurations like small travel or individual wipes.
    Canned goods, freeze dried meals, OTC medications.
    Some carry the notes:

"Currently Unavailable"
    "Out Of Stock"

I googled some the emergency food suppliers.
    Here are snapshots of a couple well known companies here in the USA.

"High Volumes" of orders.

"Not Accepting Orders"

This is gonna get interesting.

Link

Name:	af.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	458532   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mh.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	458533   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	this-is-great.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	458534  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    Since your from Bumfuckistan I wouldn't expect you to know this. However I am glad you moved here since they kill gaylords like yourself over there... BLAH, BLAH, HATE, HATE...

Page 8030 of 8112 FirstFirst ... 70307530798080208028802980308031803280408080 ... LastLast

Thread Information