Page 3 of 7713 FirstFirst 1234513535031003 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 77127
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Homer, AK, D.F., MEX., Now San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,420
    +1
    154
    Yes, think about these public sector unions for a minute. If whatever function is too critical for the private sector, then it is also too critical to allow collective bargaining, striking, etc..
    The teachers union and the muscle it flexes? Come on - what do we need THAT for? So they can lower their standards and increase their benefits? If they were doing a job commensurate with better benefits, their community would give them more benefits! We want our kids educated, not our teachers happy! What the Feds are doing involved in education, AT ALL, is beyond me. Look at where the department of education and the teachers union have delivered this country today! A thing that gets me is that good teachers would make more money and benefits under a local, market, system - but that's not what many want. What they want is more pay and benefits for an inferior job performed and reduced standards! It's like the 99%ers (the end result of fifty years of Department of Education emphasis on "equalizing" rather than educating.) - Gimme, gimme, gimme - take that guy's stuff and give it to me!
    To unions, in general: Fine, bargain. it's the power, the intimidation, the card check and lack of accountability that ruin it. Bargain for more stuff - you should have the right. It just gets crazy sometimes. Gov. Walker saved Wisconson and set a precident for a trend I hope. The people of Eynsham, UK, have a thriving, state of the art Siemens (German) MRI plant that hasn't been destroyed or moved offshore because of unions. It is the only bright spot there (something like 70 German Siemens plants in England and the folks there are GLAD to have a job in an almost otherwise basket-case economy). There is a place for both type of companies, union and non-union but right now, I think we've pushed the bennies a bit far, we've pushed the "gimmie" a bit far, the spending, the buying, the bringing stuff home for our district, the Fed growing out of control, the unions exerting their control. It has all gotten out of hand. The Germans are flat pissed about working their asses off so that the Greeks can retire at fifty. Same thing happening in Spain and California - other's have to pay for the people who spend too much - then there is no incentive not to do it again! IT'S TOO F'ING MUCH - Nancy Pelosi spends $87,000 a month on an apartment at taxpayer expense. God knows how much we spend on her flights and security - and the woman is a retard! STOP THE INSANITY! Put in your 40, 60, 80 hours, whatever you can do, and quit asking for something for nothing. Yes, vote Romney - I'm not happy with the guy, either but he's what we have. Get out and vote and send this nation a message that we're not going to take it anymore! (And don't let anyone you see driving a Chevy get by without letting them know how you feel.)

  2. #22
    Treemn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Coral Springs FL
    Posts
    3,481
    +1
    960
    WOW That is just Wrong Boy have we ever been swindled You got to vote there is never the perfect person running just the best of two evils. and the one who matches your values closest has to be choosen. I agree washington does not have a clue what we need it is all about them getting more power and our money for there needs and wants. send um all home.

  3. #23
    suck my wake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sugar Grove IL
    Posts
    2,884
    +1
    13
    The only suprising thing about all of this to me is that any of you guys ARE suprised that something like this is happening This is just the shit someone has found out about! There's a whole lot more you don't even know, we're all the people at the bottom!!! WE are not privie to all the shit that goes on and all the money that is wasted on useless crap and all the B.S. deals that are made with other countries............If you want to do something about it go and get into politics and see what you can accomplish otherwise all the rant'n and ravin in the world isn't going to stop any of this from happening...........EVER!!!!! Never has, Never will......

  4. #24
    Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,419
    +1
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    The only suprising thing about all of this to me is that any of you guys ARE suprised that something like this is happening This is just the shit someone has found out about! There's a whole lot more you don't even know, we're all the people at the bottom!!! WE are not privie to all the shit that goes on and all the money that is wasted on useless crap and all the B.S. deals that are made with other countries............If you want to do something about it go and get into politics and see what you can accomplish otherwise all the rant'n and ravin in the world isn't going to stop any of this from happening...........EVER!!!!! Never has, Never will......
    Informed voters that fire politicians from office should make a difference and stop stuff like this from happening. Problem is there are less and less of them living in this country.

  5. #25
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    24,337
    +1
    8,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    Informed voters that fire politicians from office should make a difference and stop stuff like this from happening. Problem is there are less and less of them living in this country.
    They just did, in the Wisconsin Governor's election. And they did it TWICE!

  6. #26
    mjh3ides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida
    Posts
    7,629
    +1
    3,691
    Off topic here, but I thought this was hilarious:

    Obama gave this speech on tues...




    ...and then, the very next day:

    "White House Forgets to Pay Father’s Day Lunch Tab"
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...day-lunch-tab/

    OOPS!!!

  7. #27
    Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,419
    +1
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    They just did, in the Wisconsin Governor's election. And they did it TWICE!
    They did! A glimmer of hope in a dumbed down USA?

  8. #28
    oklagp1200r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,090
    +1
    631
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    They just did, in the Wisconsin Governor's election. And they did it TWICE!
    Also in two cities in Cali San Jose was one can't remember the other. I think public unions are going to take major hits this year. People are just fed up hoping for that change and are voicing there opinion! LOL

  9. #29
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    9,145
    +1
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    Informed voters that fire politicians from office should make a difference and stop stuff like this from happening. Problem is there are less and less of them living in this country.
    Several years ago, we had a Congress man named Jack Brooks as our rep. He had served Souteast Texas in the US Congress for a looooooong time and had done a lot of good things for us here. Well when Clinton was tring to get his assult weapons ban passed, ole Jack (a Democrat) knew most of the people he represented did not want this law passed and was not going to vote for it. Clinton somehow talked him into to it and as we all know the ban passed, with Jacks help. The next election the Republican party ran a guy named Steve Stockman against ole Jack. No one knew who Steve was or where he came from but he ran on the platform of remeber that Jack voted against your wishes. Guess who won? Even with all that Jack Brooks had done for us throught the years, he forgot who he represented, THE PEOPLE OF SOUTHEAST TEXAS and we voted his ass out. If this went on more often this country may be a better place.

  10. #30
    Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,419
    +1
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Several years ago, we had a Congress man named Jack Brooks as our rep. He had served Souteast Texas in the US Congress for a looooooong time and had done a lot of good things for us here. Well when Clinton was tring to get his assult weapons ban passed, ole Jack (a Democrat) knew most of the people he represented did not want this law passed and was not going to vote for it. Clinton somehow talked him into to it and as we all know the ban passed, with Jacks help. The next election the Republican party ran a guy named Steve Stockman against ole Jack. No one knew who Steve was or where he came from but he ran on the platform of remeber that Jack voted against your wishes. Guess who won? Even with all that Jack Brooks had done for us throught the years, he forgot who he represented, THE PEOPLE OF SOUTHEAST TEXAS and we voted his ass out. If this went on more often this country may be a better place.
    That's the way it's supposed to work! We are the bosses and they work for us.

Page 3 of 7713 FirstFirst 1234513535031003 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 47 users browsing this thread. (4 members and 43 guests)

  1. mjh3ides,
  2. Treemn,
  3. wetwolf

Similar Threads

  1. A Big Thank You! And Another Question?
    By wjstewart in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 03:07 PM
  2. Thanks Duke and BeerDart- ODI grips on stock trim
    By OsideBill in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 07:32 AM
  3. Thanks RXP6 and others!
    By SearayEX12 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 06:29 PM
  4. Want to thank Jerry and the site!!!
    By ArmyRXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 07:28 PM
  5. Thanks Carl and members of the forum
    By Full_Throttle in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 12:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •