Page 2 of 7819 FirstFirst 123412525021002 ... LastLast
    MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Bill Clinton had that under control......Then Bush ruined it all and Obama continued it..........

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude596 View Post
    Proud local 33 sheet metal worker here and I hate Obama and Romney. I will not vote for this first time since I turned 18. What's killing this country is lobbyist, speculators, doctors, lawyers, and insurance companies. Far from the auto workers and construction workers

I said Greed not Unions were killing us. I said unions have a part in it. It's more than just unions and I am for fair wages and development of the workforce but it's getting out of hand!

+1
    Proud local 33 sheet metal worker here and I hate Obama and Romney. I will not vote for this first time since I turned 18. What's killing this country is lobbyist, speculators, doctors, lawyers, and insurance companies. Far from the auto workers and construction workers
    I'm a "speculator". How exactly am I "killing this country"? People like me provide liquidity in markets where there otherwise wouldn't be, which often reduces prices for consumers. People like me invest in risky ventures & provide capital to businesses that otherwise wouldn't exist, which creates jobs that otherwise wouldn't exist. I chose a profession where I have more earning potential(and risk) instead of chosing a job with a steady paycheck & a benefits package. Am I doing anything unethical to make my living? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

I'm not gonna go on a long rant about the problems with unions. There are lots of good ones that are unfairly lumped in with the likes of the SEIU, UAW & AFLCIO. Also, I'm also sure there are lots of good people who are members of the three I just listed. My issue is with their thug leadership.

“We’re trying to use the power of persuasion. And if that doesn’t work we’re going to use the persuasion of power.”...Andy Stern - SEIU

“We took names. We watched how they voted. We know where they live.“...Andy Stern - SEIU

"We know that the free market is nonsense...We kind of agree with Mao that political power comes largely from the barrel of a gun."
    Ron Bloom - Obama's "Manufacturing Czar"

Do these sound like the words of rational people?

4. +1 by:

Homer, AK, D.F., MEX., Now San Antonio, TX
    +1
    We could easily denegrate into union/non-union here. I, personally, have a bad, lingering taste from unions but I understand what they did to get the miners out of the death traps, etc.. I DO see it as treasonous to buy a Chevy product in light of what we see here. What would be so bad about buying a Ford and letting Chevy rot? Buy a Toyota, for shitsakes, if you don't like Ford... BMW, Land Rover, Whatever and make a statement! I saw my first Volt in Anchorage the day before yesterday, BTW - ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD WITH A TOW TRUCK BACKING UP TO IT.
    Oh, and not voting in the next election is the same as voting for Obama. Good grief, what is so bad about Romney? That he's almost as left as Obama? Good God, the man has business experience, at least. We can get a real conservative to bring back our constitution and greatness when Marco Rubio, Bobby Jindle, Rand Paul, etc., mature. We have a future - we just have to work for it and play smartly.
    The local elections will be even more important than the presidential election. Vote to STOP BRINGING SHIT HOME FROM WASHINGTON - We can't afford it as a country.My local Senator, Lisa Murkowski, said herself, "We need to tighten our belts and stop bringing stuff home (But I will make sure Alaskans will get their share!)" - We have to stop these scoundrels from buying votes - throw them out on their heads! Worst example I can currently think of is the Representative Corrine Brown, Florida 3rd district. This woman should not have "gradgiated" high school or however she says it. She should be cleaning floors in a hotel with THAT mind... yet they keep voting her in because she brings shit home by making deals with other reresentatives. The system that allows this is a mess but with enough work, we can fix it. Even in the Florida 3rd district, we can fix it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    What a crock... If he returns, we are screwed.....
    Yep, I agree.

+1
    Amazing that there are still people in the US buying GM cars.

+1
    Like Mark said my friend if you don't cast a vote then you in turn voted for Oblowhard I sure don't think you want that!

+1
    To sum it up in a few sentences, the goverment is too big and has too much control. They want us dependent on them and they don't think "we the people" can make the proper decisions ourselves (they know what we need, but we don't type of shi*). Construction Unions are not the problem. It's the goverment unions, and the size of the goverment.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Bill Clinton had that under control......Then Bush ruined it all and Obama continued it..........
    Please remember Billy Bob signed NAFTA also how's that been working for the USA? LOL

+1
    I agree some private sector unions are the problem but most public sector unions are def killing us tax payers! Scott Brown has opened a door so just maybe we can get that side of the problem fixed!

Page 2 of 7819 FirstFirst 123412525021002 ... LastLast

Thread Information