Page 1527 of 8407 FirstFirst ... 527102714771517152515261527152815291537157720272527 ... LastLast
Results 15,261 to 15,270 of 84063
    +1
    And a bunch of you other guys could too!!

2. +1 by:

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    It just amazes me that the north and South Koreans can effectively shut down a 160 mile boarder since 1959 and we can't even seem to stop a single turd from crossing the southern boarder.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Hers a good one OH I heard about it from the news media. I keep my head in the sand
    Subject: SURPRISE SURPRISE - DHS solicited bids for vendor to handle 65,000 unaccompanied minors -- IN JANUARY!

The Obama administration’s claim to have been surprised by the wave of children flooding over out borders may turn out to be another political lie of the year. Sundance of Conservative Treehouse noticed a very peculiar advertisement:
    On January 29th of this year, the federal government posted an advertisement seeking bids for a vendor contract to handle “Unaccompanied Alien Children“.
    Not just any contract mind you, but a very specific contract – for a very specific number of unaccompanied minors: 65,000.

Seems like Obama is following in the footsteps of Ronald Reagan, Bush 1 and 2, and Clinton when it comes to immigration. Ronald Reagan began the war on the middle class, and Obama is just finishing it.

+1
    Vet Dies Waiting for Ambulance... in VA Hospital

HE COLLAPSED IN ALBUQUERQUE VA CENTER CAFETERIA

Another black eye for the Veterans Health Administration? A 71-year-old veteran died on Monday after waiting up to 30 minutes for an ambulance—while already at a Veteran Affairs hospital. Officials say the man collapsed in the Albuquerque hospital's cafeteria, which is around 1,500 feet from the emergency room, about a four-minute walk, the AP reports. By the time medics arrived, loaded him into the ambulance, and drove him around the building, it was too late to save him. A VA spokeswoman says staff followed policy by calling 911 when the man collapsed, but that "policy is under expedited review."

The man's family has asked that he remain unidentified because they are considering legal action, KOAT reports. The case comes after a long series of reports of serious deficiencies at the VA, including dozens of veterans dying while on "secret waiting lists," the Albuquerque Journalreports. Rep. Michelle Grisham says her office has been trying for days to get the VA to answer "whether its policy may have contributed to the delay in care." In any case, she says, "the inability of officials to answer basic questions in a timely fashion is yet another reason the public has lost faith, and why we are demanding an outside investigation and immediate reform at the Albuquerque VA."

Link

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Treemn View Post
    Hers a good one OH I heard about it from the news media. I keep my head in the sand
    Subject: SURPRISE SURPRISE - DHS solicited bids for vendor to handle 65,000 unaccompanied minors -- IN JANUARY!

The Obama administration’s claim to have been surprised by the wave of children flooding over out borders may turn out to be another political lie of the year. Sundance of Conservative Treehouse noticed a very peculiar advertisement:
    On January 29th of this year, the federal government posted an advertisement seeking bids for a vendor contract to handle “Unaccompanied Alien Children“.
    Not just any contract mind you, but a very specific contract – for a very specific number of unaccompanied minors: 65,000.
    Ummm...yeah...this wasn't planned one bit. (sarcasm)

+1
    It is called ‘The Declaration of Independence’ for a reason

While small town parades, backyard barbecues and fireworks displays may be what many people associate with the 4th of July, Independence Day deserves far greater respect. Fifty-six men signed a single piece of parchment on this day in 1776 that contained 1338 words that changed the history of the world for the better. That hallowed document claimed independence not only for a Nation but for a People. Unfortunately, 238 years later, we are in danger of surrendering to the temptation of dependence.

Our Founding Fathers were quite different from us. Some people like to mock them for the hypocrisy of their ways (i.e., “They were just a bunch of rich, old, racist white guys who said ‘all men are created equal’ but owned slaves”). Try to ignore the irony that such criticism itself has ageist, racist overtones and displays a relatively benighted sense of historical context (given that the Founding Fathers were not all rich or old nor did they all own slaves or support such conduct).

These men had the courage to stand up to the greatest military power on the face of the Earth to establish even the possibility of the individual independence we now enjoy. The depth of their commitment can be seen in the final sentence of the Declaration of Independence: “And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.”

In their case, the “pledge” of their “Lives” and “Fortunes” was not rhetorical. They were, in fact, risking their “Lives” and their “Fortunes” against enormous odds. Other than those who have served our Nation in armed combat, who else among us can even come close to making that claim?

More!

+1
    Hospitals Are Mining Patients' Credit Card Data to Predict Who Will Get Sick

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comp_hospitals_inline.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	334778

Imagine getting a call from your doctor if you let your gym membership lapse, make a habit of buying candy bars at the checkout counter, or begin shopping at plus-size clothing stores. For patients of Carolinas HealthCare System, which operates the largest group of medical centers in North and South Carolina, such a day could be sooner than they think. Carolinas HealthCare, which runs more than 900 care centers, including hospitals, nursing homes, doctors’ offices, and surgical centers, has begun plugging consumer data on 2 million people into algorithms designed to identify high-risk patients so that doctors can intervene before they get sick. The company purchases the data from brokers who cull public records, store loyalty program transactions, and credit card purchases.

Information on consumer spending can provide a more complete picture than the glimpse doctors get during an office visit or through lab results, says Michael Dulin, chief clinical officer for analytics and outcomes research at Carolinas HealthCare. The Charlotte-based hospital chain is placing its data into predictive models that give risk scores to patients. Within two years, Dulin plans to regularly distribute those scores to doctors and nurses who can then reach out to high-risk patients and suggest changes before they fall ill. “What we are looking to find are people before they end up in trouble,” says Dulin, who is a practicing physician.

More!

+1

+1

Tsa pat down my 2 and 6 year old because they touch me & I was selected as usual for ssss security check because my name
    Can they do that?

when I ask why my kids the answer was because they touch me came in close contact with me so they have to pat down them & my wife in a very rude manner I was in shock.

till this day I cant forget what they did to my children how can they do this to children

Page 1527 of 8407 FirstFirst ... 527102714771517152515261527152815291537157720272527 ... LastLast

Thread Information