Page 1375 of 8402 FirstFirst ... 37587513251365137313741375137613771385142518752375 ... LastLast
Results 13,741 to 13,750 of 84016
    +1
    Here it is again, NEW MEXICO...

Chairman of Border Patrol Officers:
    "Biggest breach of border security
    I have seen in the last 20 years"

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...mpede-Security

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    You want to be introduced to marxist college graduates? All you have to do is go to a college where the students are protesting commencement speakers because the speaker might have opinions outside what these kids consider acceptable. That kind of intolerance to diversity of thought is a great example of marxist tradition. It's also a direct result of the radical leftist ideology being pounded into these kids' heads by so-called academia.
    Yep, take a look at this from last month;
    by the way, please notice the article mentions this is the same bunch of Left-Tards that invited PELOSI to speak at the same school the same day!

Rutgers Professors:
    Ban Condoleezza Rice From Campus
    for Being 'War Criminal'

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...A-War-Criminal

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smackwave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by q in arizona View Post
    again i could are even less about the "disruptor" nonsense. Hearing a criminal demon like her even utter something about the founding fathers is pure hypocritical blasphemy. She has chosen her side...she needs to stick to it. Again just showing how flippant they are.
    okay, here's a good example of misguided right here. Yeah. I think the founding fathers would go ahead and tell you to pound sand for staking claim to them. But go ahead, wrap yourself in the flag, call yourselves "true patriots" and anyone else unamerican, or whatever crap you feel like you need to do to make yourself feel good about you agenda.
    no, that's a good example of someone who's opinion is different than your own. On the other hand, calling someone "misinformed & misguided", or any other derogatory label used to marginalize them, because they have a different opinion is a perfect example of how some people are easily manipulated by a political tactic. Specifically, a tactic that the modern totalitarian left constantly uses...saul alinsky's "rules for radicals":

* rule 5: “ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” there is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)

* rule 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (this is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)
    you want to be introduced to marxist college graduates? All you have to do is go to a college where the students are protesting commencement speakers because the speaker might have opinions outside what these kids consider acceptable. That kind of intolerance to diversity of thought is a great example of marxist tradition. It's also a direct result of the radical leftist ideology being pounded into these kids' heads by so-called academia.

As far as your accusation that any of us are "staking claim" to the founders, that's just plain false. We are however staking claim to belief in the principles of individual liberties, & someone who tells us "we have to pass the bill, so you can see what's in it" is exactly the type of politician the founders tried very hard to protect us from. If you think recognizing the hypocrisy in what she said is "wrapping ourselves in the flag", well, you're entitled to an opinion too, even if it is "misguided".
    boom!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mushroom-cloud-hb1.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	329878

+1
    Great read...for some of us anyways...

OBAMA, I SPIT MY LAST BREATH AT THEE

So here and now, we will express our individual anger in words to the person that is the owner of that face. Americans are not the creation of government. We are not pigeons you can train to send your messages. We are not cattle you can herd. We are not school children you can bully. We are not slaves you can force into hard labor, or sign up for Obama Care. We are natural born free men and women and government does not own us. We own you and we are prepared to defend a free America, as directed by the Declaration of Independence, if government turns to tyranny. We can do no less.

More!

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't know enough to comment other than that I trust your opinion. My gut tells me that huge farms aren't as nice as the ma and pa farms I grew up on, and is there a problem with large amounts of hormones and antibiotics from farming? Nothing at all, or are you just saying it is worth it or inconsequential? I've been giving the kids almond milk for years but still drink the real deal, myself!
    I absolutely draw the line with Atlantic salmon, farmed, fed a diet of chems and dye to make their flesh reddish... I don't like them partially because they don't taste like salmon!
    I'm saying that everything that is done to crops is worth it, we have to feed 9 billion by 2025 and that means adding at least 10 bushel to the average of corn across the planet and 4 bushel to every soybean yield average. The healthier the animal and crop means less wasted time and more food to go around all while defending against evasive weeds, pests and weather. yes, I said weather. my company developed a drought resistant gene that was natuarally occuring with in the germplasm. its pretty cool and so far it saves about 10 bu to the acre when its drought conditions.
    I will say that there are a few operations out there that are ruining it for the rest of us large farmers and that is what gets the attention, not the guys doing it right. Honestly, there are some very good large operations in the 5-15k acre range. but it all depends on the type of farmer and the type of operation. personally I think that corn and soybean operations need to cap themselves around 15k acres unless they have the capital to manage all that. My farm is at 6,000 acres and its all done with 5 people in the spring and 8 people in the fall. western operations can be as large as 50k acres and still do a good job depending on the crop they are putting out. You would be suprised that the average farmer out there, which is 65 on average, is starting to slack off. the group used to be very meticulous in their land now have gone into retirement mode and have left things up to the seed salesman for choices, co-ops for chem and fert plans and just get a broad stroke approach compared to the large operations that use technology to cut down on over application and wasteful spending. see the links below.this technology is here now and is being used.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post

So here and now, we will express our individual anger in words to the person that is the owner of that face. Americans are not the creation of government. We are not pigeons you can train to send your messages. We are not cattle you can herd. We are not school children you can bully. We are not slaves you can force into hard labor, or sign up for Obama Care. We are natural born free men and women and government does not own us. We own you and we are prepared to defend a free America, as directed by the Declaration of Independence, if government turns to tyranny. We can do no less.

More!
    WOW! Take that, Marxist scum!
    Better be Careful Q, that SmackLib fella might accuse you of being a patriot and wrapping yourself in the flag...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post

More!
    WOW! Take that, Marxist scum!
    Better be Careful Q, that SmackLib fella might accuse you of being a patriot and wrapping yourself in the flag...
    LOL...meh...this is what my Cattle Dog thinks of that...and I trust her judgement greatly.

Name:	CAM01122_zpsa64b8236.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	329887

Name:	Untitled-2_zps94019e9f.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	329888

+1
    WH ‘picking up the pace’ on executive actions

The White House will be “picking up the pace on executive actions,” as Congress focuses its efforts on the newly formed select committee investigating Benghazi, senior Obama adviser Dan Pfeiffer declared Tuesday.

In an op-ed for The Huffington Post, Pfeiffer argued that congressional Republicans are not interested in engaging on the economy, instead spending time “obsessively trying to repeal the Affordable Care Act” and “ginning up politically motivated investigations.”

“Given this dynamic, President Obama has only one option — use every ounce of his authority to unilaterally improve economic security,” Pfeiffer said.

“Next week, as congressional Republicans spend their energy on yet another partisan investigation, we'll be picking up the pace on the executive actions to help the economy,” Pfeiffer added.

The White House has dismissed the select committee investigating the terrorist attacks in Benghazi, Libya, announced earlier this month by Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) as redundant and politically motivated. Republicans have argued that the special panel was necessary after the release of a previously undisclosed email from White House deputy national security adviser Ben Rhodes showing involvement in drafting then-U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice's infamous talking points.

More!

Earlier this year, Boehner warned that if Obama “tries to ignore” the Constitution, “he’s going to run into a brick wall.”
    “House Republicans will continue to look closely at whether the president is faithfully executing the laws — as he took an oath to do," Boehner said.

Really Boehner? Really? You fucking toothless and spineless wonder.

+1
    New Batch of Recalls Puts GM Into Record Numbers

AUTOMAKER ANNOUNCES 2.4M MORE AS INDUSTRY AS A WHOLE TAKES NOTE

Another day, another GM recall. Or more precisely, four recalls. The automaker today announced problems with 2.4 million vehicles that require fixes, reports CNN. The figure brings the number of GM cars recalled this year to a record 13.6 million, reports AP. Today's include 1.4 million Buick Enclaves, Chevrolet Traverses, and GMC Acadias from 2009-14, along with Saturn Outlooks from 2009-10, because the front seat belt might separate from the vehicle in a crash. It also includes about 1 million Chevy Malibus from 2004-08 and Pontiac G6s from 2005-08 because of a shift cable that wears out prematurely, reports CNBC.

In the backdrop of GM's ignition-switch mess, however, all these recalls aren't necessarily a bad thing for the company or the industry as a whole, reports MLive. As an analyst for Kelley Blue Book puts it, "What these recalls genuinely or accurately represent is a hard, self-critical analysis on what to do and how they need to fix problems." An exec for KIA says the scrutiny of GM—andToyota before it—is forcing every company to reassess how it deals with safety procedures. (Another reason why we should expect more recalls? Cars keep getting more complicated.)

Link

+1
    Another really good read...

The Rise of Mob Rule in America

Ever wondered why James Madison & many of his Federalist cohorts were so adamant about founding a republic instead of a democracy? I know many of us are quick to correct our well-intentioned peers when they mistake the latter for the former, but few are aware of exactly why the word “democracy” isn’t printed anywhere in the Constitution.

In Federalist #10, James Madison stated,

From this view of the subject it may be concluded that a pure democracy, by which I mean a society consisting of a small number of citizens, who assemble and administer the government in person, can admit of no cure for the mischiefs of faction. A common passion or interest will, in almost every case, be felt by a majority of the whole; a communication and concert result from the form of government itself; and there is nothing to check the inducements to sacrifice the weaker party or an obnoxious individual.

Hence it is that such democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; andhave in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. (Emphasis mine)

To translate Madison, democracies have no check against the mob, against one faction controlling both public discourse and the government itself. This is, in part, why “checks and balances” are an integral part of our Republican form of government. The Constitution installs many of these safeguards to prevent, as Madison referenced, one man, a group of men, or a mob from holding too much power, and abusing it. The mob mentality is antithetical to our system of governance. There’s a reason why the United States was designed as a nation that respected the authority of the individual, rather than the collective.

There is no better example of why James Madison and others feared mob rule, and by extension, democracies, than our current political climate. Remember when former Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich stepped down after the heat he received for having the audacity to donate to California’s Prop 8, four years ago?

Or when Condi Rice was so mercilessly attacked by Rutgers students (Read: Rutgers students riled up by Rutgers professors) for her role in the Iraq War, that she eventually pulled out of her scheduled Commencement address? In fact, there are about 17 trillion similar examples on college campuses nationwide. Ok, I’m exaggerating, but you get the picture.

More!

Page 1375 of 8402 FirstFirst ... 37587513251365137313741375137613771385142518752375 ... LastLast

Thread Information