Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    im fearing having to buy a new ecu also... getting the ole knock sensor error.... everything i have seen people do is get the ecu.... so much money for such a small little box...

2005 Aquatrax ECM/ECU

Well we replaced the knock sensor and the code is still throwing...WHO'S GOT A CHEAP ECM??

Lots of folks have cheap ECM's but they don't work. The last word in our language that describes the Honda Aquatrax ECM is bulletproof. I paid $850 for mine, and only wonder when I'll have to buy the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    Lots of folks have cheap ECM's but they don't work. The last word in our language that describes the Honda Aquatrax ECM is bulletproof. I paid $850 for mine, and only wonder when I'll have to buy the next one.
    why not go with a programmable aftermarket ecm then?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by carguyshu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    why not go with a programmable aftermarket ecm then?

thats really hard to do I had one with a autronic ecu.....nitro shank did them awhile back, you need a custom cam trigger and a reluctive interface and a lot of rewriting, it had msd dis-4 ignition box and that would fail to heat

Thanks, Joey, that does give me some comfort. I'm unaware of a plug and play aftermarket ECM for F-12 or F-12X and can only wonder how much longer Honda and or Keihin will continue to make the OEM version. If there's an alternative to the Keihin black box, I'd sure like to know about it.

New ECU

Quote Originally Posted by brooke View Post
    I must say I was a bit worried when purchasing a new ECU for my F12x yesterday since it comes with NO Warranty. My question is to all who have had to purchase a new ECU for their Honda Aquatrax, have you had any issues with the new unit???
    brooke
    NO, I have had no issues with it and we have used it on the lake twice since I got it. Runs great!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Speed View Post
    I hate to see you spend $700.00 for that ECU and it does not fix the problem. The Honda ECU is pretty much bullet proof! Make sure that all your vacuum lines are not crack and the vacuum line that comes off the turbo has a small brass pill in it make sure that it is there and make sure that it is not clog up. Take that line off and put up to the sun light and see if you can see light through it. And the air box has a small vacuum line on it too blow it out with an air hose.
    Let me know what you find.
    No they are far from bullet proof. The f12X ecm seems to start failing after about 10-12 years and nothing you can do except replace them.

+1
    10-12 years is not bad considering mostly everything being built lately docent last past the warranty period 3-5 years.

I have replaced 2 on two different hondas both were non-turbo and both had the Knock sensor code,both have been running fine now for few yrs. I just came across one that has a different problem,its a code 42 non turbo and I replaced the sensor (its actually map sensor) The old sensor was bad but had been running 2 yrs.Plus with 2.5 quarts too much oil and with sensor bad. I have checked all vacuum hose etc. its running super rich,I'm beginning to think it might be ecu as its a 2006. Ill know sunday were going to swap ecu with known good one!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information