Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 04gtxsc View Post
    We went anothe 120 miles past temple bar through the narrows and half way to where the lake ends and it becomes the colordo again.

The ride below the dam from Willow to Lake mohave is nice also great scenery and during the week not too many boats.

Would like to go upriver to the base of the dam from Willow but you can only do that during the summer.

My favorite part of that area (Black Canyon/Willow Beach area) is the portion from Willow to the Dam...thats the most narrow part with several curves. I think its 6 or 9 miles to the Dam. It's open between Memorial Day and Labor Day. I really like to launch at Willow beach whenever I get sick of the Mead scenery and chop It's a short run to the dam, expecially at 75-80mph Several places to pull over and either hike, piss or take pics. Also can be good for some GPS passes whoohoo

+1
    One day I will get to Vegas area when that stretch is open. I have pictures and looks really nice scenery.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    My favorite part of that area (Black Canyon/Willow Beach area) is the portion from Willow to the Dam...thats the most narrow part with several curves. I think its 6 or 9 miles to the Dam. It's open between Memorial Day and Labor Day. I really like to launch at Willow beach whenever I get sick of the Mead scenery and chop It's a short run to the dam, expecially at 75-80mph Several places to pull over and either hike, piss or take pics. Also can be good for some GPS passes whoohoo

Love willow beach and all the cool spots to pull off and hike or camp . Have not taken the new bridge over the dam yet im sure that cuts out some time to get there. Water is usually glass

Quote Originally Posted by ultra300x 702 View Post
    Have not taken the new bridge over the dam yet im sure that cuts out some time to get there. Water is usually glass
    If you're going to the bridge, and you're coming down the hill from Boulder City, avoid Sunday afternoons because the bottle neck is STILL alive! The bridge is cool, but the AZ traffic still bottle necks right there by the Hacienda Hotel! If they'd ever grow a brain and add a lane or two in that direction, THEN there would be no more bottle neck to the bridge.

+1
    Riding in AZ is on my bucket list for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    Riding in AZ is on my bucket list for sure.

Im originally from New Orleans....any water out West is definitely pretty! Although if I had it my way, Lake Powell would be where lake Mead is Lake Powell (Page, AZ) is really cool. I've done everything there except haul my jetski to it.
    I'd like to ride from Laughlin to Havasu again. A little rough on Holiday weekends though with all the crazy boat chop everywhere. You should at least shoot for Havasu up to Topock Gorge. And/or Parker Dam and Southward

+1
    I will be out this weekend finally got the pump and ecu back on. Yea nothing tops lake powell turbo its HUGE lake. I actually got to ride that lake when the water level was so high you could ride under "rainbow bridge" awesome experience

Going to the Blythe smack down event this weekend about 3hrs south of here. And hopefully work on my gremlin under the seat

+1
    I ride Mead often. I'm not on here a lot though.

+1
    Hope to see you guys out there been going a few times a week and the lake temp is starting to warm up some. 74 last weekend

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information