Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    +1
    Would love to ride Mead again been 5 years since we were out there. Had a couple of great days. Went cruising from Henmmingway to the dam and out to south cove one day. Long day and great riding. Hardly anyone out on the water. Was a Monday the first or March that might be why

Quote Originally Posted by 04gtxsc View Post
    Would love to ride Mead again been 5 years since we were out there. Had a couple of great days. Went cruising from Henmmingway to the dam and out to south cove one day. Long day and great riding. Hardly anyone out on the water. Was a Monday the first or March that might be why
    What do you have done to your GTX and how fast is it?

+1
    Opas removal and front 4" air. Have a RXP ecu. Runs right at 66 on a good day. Not used for speed but to go on cruises. On that lake mead run i was riding a polaris pro 1200 the wife was on the gtx.

Hardly anyone out on the water. Was a Monday the first or March that might be why

Anytime outside of May-Sept you'll get that looonely feeling on Lake Mead....even on a heavy day, its not THAT heavy. Just such a big lake for people to launch and disappear to certain cove areas. I'll be riding in the dead of winter and be thinking to myself "pleeeease dont break down!" lol

+1
    Yea me too found a nice little place that was completley hidden only way in was just barley the width of the ski wound around and there was a 50 ft sis to side place with sheer rock walls to hang out in. Tried to start after 10 or so minutes to leave and just ground and ground. Finally figured out it was so cold in there had to choke it again and fired right up. This was in the narrows it would have been a long tow back to hemmingway. Its all good had a great time.

I love riding year round. Its amazing right after labor day people just stop going to the lake. I would never take off to the narrows or anywhere else far out on my own though. Big scary place to break down.

+1
    There were two of us and an extra 10 gallons of fuel on the back of one ski. I think we put 160 plus miles on them according to the gps. We did fuel up at Temple bar though and one time with the extra gas. The worst part was coming back in the afternoon crossing from Temple bar back to the narrows was 3 to 5 foot wave action from a 25 mile an hour wind coming out of the north. That pro was a killer thought about quitting but no where to go. The water temp was 52 and put on the full wetsuit with jacket.

There were two of us and an extra 10 gallons of fuel on the back of one ski. I think we put 160 plus miles on them according to the gps. We did fuel up at Temple bar though and one time with the extra gas. The worst part was coming back in the afternoon crossing from Temple bar back to the narrows was 3 to 5 foot wave action from a 25 mile an hour wind coming out of the north. That pro was a killer thought about quitting but no where to go. The water temp was 52 and put on the full wetsuit with jacket.
    Holy shit, you went from hemmingway to temple bar....and then back to hemmingway?!?! Damn, that's a haul even just 1 way! You'll never catch me doing that run!

A really nice ride is from Laughlin all the way to lake havasu, or at least the sand bar near havasu. Very fun passing through all those small river towns and scenery.

+1
    I love going through the narrows and getting that wind tunnel effect lol. Yea its choppy but i like the rough water.

Blktrbo that ride from laughlin to havasu sounds like a party =)

+1
    We went anothe 120 miles past temple bar through the narrows and half way to where the lake ends and it becomes the colordo again.

The ride below the dam from Willow to Lake mohave is nice also great scenery and during the week not too many boats.

Would like to go upriver to the base of the dam from Willow but you can only do that during the summer.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information