Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    +1
    Yea, just pull the head. You'll need a new head gasket and bolts. They say you can measure those bolts to make sure they didn't stretch and reuse, but I just got new ones. You'll need a C-type valve spring compressor, I got mine for like $20-30 on ebay and bought a set of supertech valves. Use a magnet to get those keepers out when you've got the spring compressed.
    It is my belief that you can leave the intake valves alone, as this problem is unique only to exhaust valves. I didn't know this and spent the extra $200 on new intake valves as well. Wouldn't have done so knowing what I know now.
    I was just commenting on a guy's ski the other week on the lake. It was an 06 RPX. He said the PO did "everything" to it before he sold it to him. I asked about the valves, and he's like "nah, I don't think so" and completely blew me off when I told him of the risk. It's too bad... I guess he'll find out the hard way.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by IDoSeaDoo View Post
    Yea, just pull the head. You'll need a new head gasket and bolts. They say you can measure those bolts to make sure they didn't stretch and reuse, but I just got new ones. You'll need a C-type valve spring compressor, I got mine for like $20-30 on ebay and bought a set of supertech valves. Use a magnet to get those keepers out when you've got the spring compressed.
    It is my belief that you can leave the intake valves alone, as this problem is unique only to exhaust valves. I didn't know this and spent the extra $200 on new intake valves as well. Wouldn't have done so knowing what I know now.
    I was just commenting on a guy's ski the other week on the lake. It was an 06 RPX. He said the PO did "everything" to it before he sold it to him. I asked about the valves, and he's like "nah, I don't think so" and completely blew me off when I told him of the risk. It's too bad... I guess he'll find out the hard way.
    Thanks for the info!

Thank you for all of the very informative info. I have an 06 RXP I just picked up and obsessed over this topic. I checked and have 72 intake valves and 75 exhaust valves. My only concern at this point is intake valves being solid / hollow. I saw the examples of the exhaust valves stems cut open and was wondering if we have any definitive proof that the 72 intake valves are in fact solid?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information