Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mudslanger View Post
    Yes it sounds like the sensor at the rear of the pipe. make sure the connection is good and not corroded. also does it have a D plate and chip. were are you located there might be a member on here who has one.
    Connection is good, not corroded, I'm worried I might have hit or damaged it trying to put the stinger back on (it was a nightmare) but it doesn't look damaged at first sight. It has a D plate and chip. I'm in central NJ

Quote Originally Posted by mudslanger View Post
    Yes it sounds like the sensor at the rear of the pipe. make sure the connection is good and not corroded. also does it have a D plate and chip. were are you located there might be a member on here who has one.

Update: ski started!!! So I found a thread here by Pale Rider about using a 10k ohms-1/2 watt resistor to bypass water sensor, bought a pack of 5 for under $2 at Radio shack, raced to my house after work, temporarily hooked it to the male connector and this thing fired right up!!! . It was definitely the water temp sensor at the end of the exhaust pipe. My question now is, should I just get rid of it or replace it? I guess as a safety net I should just replace it but how often do this engines actually overheat? I'm in NJ, waters here don't get too warm so I'm wondering... And last, but certainly not least, many many thanks to mudslanger, leejax01, pale rider and all the other GH members that chimed in to help, you guys are awesome and this forum is a wealth of info for us "DIY's", THANKS AGAIN TO ALL!

Same problem here could use the help

Quote Originally Posted by MICHEPE69 View Post
    Update: ski started!!! So I found a thread here by Pale Rider about using a 10k ohms-1/2 watt resistor to bypass water sensor, bought a pack of 5 for under $2 at Radio shack, raced to my house after work, temporarily hooked it to the male connector and this thing fired right up!!! . It was definitely the water temp sensor at the end of the exhaust pipe. My question now is, should I just get rid of it or replace it? I guess as a safety net I should just replace it but how often do this engines actually overheat? I'm in NJ, waters here don't get too warm so I'm wondering... And last, but certainly not least, many many thanks to mudslanger, leejax01, pale rider and all the other GH members that chimed in to help, you guys are awesome and this forum is a wealth of info for us "DIY's", THANKS AGAIN TO ALL!
    Any way that you could please send me a video of that you did to fix it please i want to get to the water this week my email is paultreisiking@gmail.com
    Last edited by Paultreisi; 07-12-2020 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MICHEPE69 View Post
    Paultreisiking@gmail.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information