Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by AmySue View Post
    Looks like I will finally get my new ski I have wanted since I rode Keith's (K447) Virage. it's a 2001 700 Virage, Blue and White. It needs a little work because of no spark, but I know a good mechanic.

Marion, Thanks for telling Dan he HAD TO buy me a Virage for next year,It worked.Attachment 252296Attachment 252297Attachment 252298Attachment 252299
    nice ski's those 700 virage's. the graphics look great. on that particular model i would change the sponsons for the same as, somthing like the virage tx had of the same year. the particular sponsons you have on that ski are shallow and makes the handling sketchy.

i recently picked up exactly the same ski for my friend.

good luck :0)

spark should be a quick fix.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Thanks Spencer, I didn't know they had different ones between the twins and the 1200's. Damn,Don't even have it yet and I'll be looking for parts. LOL

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    Thanks Spencer, I didn't know they had different ones between the twins and the 1200's. Damn,Don't even have it yet and I'll be looking for parts. LOL

lol, i know the feeling. i tell you what tho, if you change them over for the more common type... try fitting one side at a time and feel the difference.

it was only in 2000 and 2001 on the virage 700 they used these smaller sponsons. the 2003/4 virage and freedoms have the common larger type.

the common widely used polaris sponsons do bolt strait on, however the virage that you have only had i think five captive nuts in the hull (one less than normal). so you cant put a bolt threw the first hole (not a problem at all)

cool.

OH MY GOSH AND YES I AM YELLING!!! What did you have to do to get that??? I bet it was more than using a manual drying device on a rooster!!! AKA BDMC TEE HEE!! Hope M447 sees this too!! That is super sweet! And I am super jealous! The question is: will it show up at the midwest gathering in running condition??? I question your mechanic!!! Just kidding! Had to go there! Kevin simply said to me as i came into the room, well, you got beat baby! That's okay! I will still ride my 780 with pride and have enough money to afford gas for the gathering! I might even be able to buy groceries if I budge my way onto the ferry!!! Miss you all, what fun that was and how busy we are right now!!! Would love a little kick back time of riding and relaxing! WHEW! Take care, buy a wet suit and get on that baby and ride!

+1
    Thanks for all the comments, Just last week Dan was looking for our new boat for the river, and now I'm getting my ski. Cindy, Just BDKC and ask nicely (Dan said that)...LOL I had it on my wishlist for a year now. And he promises it will be running before any gathering next year.

Got a wetsuit last spring, May be ice by the time he gets to it with all going on.

Had a great time with u all too ,
    Last edited by AmySue; 09-09-2011 at 10:03 AM.

+1
    Congrats on the new ski.... You seem very excited. Looks really clean.. Congrats again....

+1
    Congrats on you new ski.. looks really clean. should be a nice fit for ya..

+1
    Dan called me out today to help him with the ski after he'd been out there for a little while.He said it would only take a minute. He had got another box in the mail today from Lugs. I get out there and he's fiddling around by the motor. Then tells me to hit the start button. VAROOMMMMM!

MY SKI RUNS :yay2:

Between Dan and Lugs my New baby is alive

He'll have to explain what all was done to it. But I want to tell Bob THANKS for making it happen.

It's suppose to be 80 this week so I hope we can get it on the water for a test ride.

+1
    First indication was the stator was bad. So it was replaced,We then had weak spark, Thanks to Casey suggusting checking voltage coming out of the CDI to the coil (black with white stripe),a check was done. Only 45 volts DC. Which is way too low. Should be closer to 250 Volts DC.

The CDI uses charged Capacitors to up the voltage from 12+ to the 250 range then when the field collapes over the secondary it producing the 15000+ volt spark which fires the plugs.

So the CDI was replaced and Bingo,we have spark and a running ski. Will be rechecking the old stator again to double check if it was really bad.

Have a few issues to attend before the water test. Have a rattle in front (maybe Bendix) and Need to fix the bent reverse cable and sticking lever. And then change the gray Tempo fuel line.

Thanks Casey for the help with the troubleshooting.

+1
    Changed out the Bendix with a new one,The old one seemed to be hanging out. Sounds better but stills seems like a rattle that's no normal. We'll see. Tore apart the reverse level to correct the sticking problem (Thanks Keith for the info). And of course a Damn spring got dropped,so had to pull the fuel tank and oil tank to locate it.

That's when I found a secret of Polaris. The must of had a Chimp working in the factory. That is the only way to put the back gas tank strap on. You have to have extra long arms and strength of a chimp. So till I borrow one from the zoo,The back strap is off right now.

So tomorrow we will hit the water and do a test ride and hopefully some seat time playing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information