Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    +1
    salt,
    the water temp sensor is probably metric thread. Try M10x1.25 (that's the exhaust temp sensor). Buy a fitting that fits and pic up some 90* NPT? fittings at a plumbing supply store.

TAPPING TIP - if your not using a drill press (hand held drill) use a drill bit that is 1/32" or 1/64" smaller than the recommended size. This will compensate for the movement of the drill and allow you to cut the deapest threads with the tap.

-spin a +1/32" larger than the recommended bit at the top of the hole to remove burrs and help allign the tap.

I havent installed it yet (its on its way) but I think we dont have to drill a hole in the hull for the fittings.
    I bought the stealth mod which lets the water exit with the stock exit water.
    For the incoming water I plan on using the hose thats already there from when I deleted the syphon tube. When I removed the tube I filled the hole with jb weld and ground and sanded the nozzle smooth then clamped the hose back on for no leaks. So it should just be a matter of popping off the hose and putting on the dual cooling block. On the inside just run the water intake hose down to the syphon tube hull fitting. No drill method?

I'm in the process of doing the same thing to my raider. I found out that my syphon tube hull fitting has an inside diameter of .25" and my jetworks part is .375". Today I ordered a 1/2" thruhull fitting (.375" ID) from riva to replace the original one. Also I have heard of some people having a problem with using the original syphon hose for the jetworks mod(the hose has split and leaked into the hull from the increased pressure)so I will replace mine with a stronger and larger hose.

Thanks for the info on the diameter oldmanraider (I was wondering about that). The only part of the stock hose I planned on using was just the one on the outside, from the cooling block to the hull fitting.

+1
    When I install the Jetwork kit I only use one tap for everything... 1/8 NPT...

It is close enough to the temp sensor thread size and locks in place when tightened.

But thats just me

+1
    ...wfo...carl at island saved the day again with the 90 degree barb fitting..big thanks to both above

+1
    Good to hear

I suffer from waverunneritis!!!! PWCManiac's Avatar
    +1
    Let me tell u, out of everyone's opinion, urs left me thinking the most.Is there any difference really from the original way of doing it to this alternate no drill method? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by porksword View Post
    I havent installed it yet (its on its way) but I think we dont have to drill a hole in the hull for the fittings.
    I bought the stealth mod which lets the water exit with the stock exit water.
    For the incoming water I plan on using the hose thats already there from when I deleted the syphon tube. When I removed the tube I filled the hole with jb weld and ground and sanded the nozzle smooth then clamped the hose back on for no leaks. So it should just be a matter of popping off the hose and putting on the dual cooling block. On the inside just run the water intake hose down to the syphon tube hull fitting. No drill method?

I suffer from waverunneritis!!!! PWCManiac's Avatar
    +1

Talking

Alright guys, it's 12noon, I overdrank last night, making me oversleep this morning. So much for the early wake up to start early on the ski. Ok, well, regardless, 4 hours late, I'm starting on the jetworks mod. I first have to go get the damn tapping tools. I've heard it doesn't take more than 2 hours to make this all happen. My exhaust is already sitting on the floor so that took away ALOT of time that I need today. Alright everyone, have urselves a great Saturday. I'm off to my grandparent's house (waverunner location)

10. +1 by:

I'm getting ready to do this Mod..my question is why couldn't you splice into the the water line coming into the hull from the pump feeding the engine and and run a line to the flow control valve instead of drilling and tapping the cover plate on the pump?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information