Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: 14 states outlaw pwc in year 2012

move to Fl and you have no more worries. nothing is know to fl to give cancer, no emission laws, and guns ahoy!

+1
    Most of us are smart enough to live somewhere besides California.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Don't be an idiot. You think people can just leave their jobs, and family? It's not that simple bud.

And to the OP: many CA lakes are now requiring the "star stickers" that were placed on newer two strokes. They started issuing these stickers in 2001 and newer two strokes. Although, not ALL models had these stickers in 2001 or even 2002. Basically all of the manufacturers were making "cleaner" burning engines and rating them one star, two, or 3 star.

My local lake is enforcing the new law next summer. As far as the fines and penalties, I'm not sure what they will do. But if you have a 2000 or older two stroke ski, you are screwed with these new laws. They are forcing everyone to buy 4 strokes.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by slothman View Post
    You think people can just leave their jobs, and family? It's not that simple bud.
    Everybody else is. Seems like everybody is coming to Texas now.

I'm in Reno NV. and ride all over in Calif. The only place I know you cant have a 2 stroke is Lake Tahoe. I hear at the end of the year the National Parks are going to ban 2 stroke jetskis. But who knows how they will enforce it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Millah View Post
    I'm in Reno NV. and ride all over in Calif. The only place I know you cant have a 2 stroke is Lake Tahoe. I hear at the end of the year the National Parks are going to ban 2 stroke jetskis. But who knows how they will enforce it.

You can ride the newer 2-Strokes at Lake Tahoe.

+1

14 states outlaw pwc in year 2012

You think people can just leave their jobs, and family? It's not that simple bud.
    Everybody else is. Seems like everybody is coming to Texas now.
    Yup, that's exactly what I did in 94

+1
    Don't be an idiot. You think people can just leave their jobs, and family? It's not that simple bud.

And to the OP: many CA lakes are now requiring the "star stickers" that were placed on newer two strokes. They started issuing these stickers in 2001 and newer two strokes. Although, not ALL models had these stickers in 2001 or even 2002. Basically all of the manufacturers were making "cleaner" burning engines and rating them one star, two, or 3 star.

My local lake is enforcing the new law next summer. As far as the fines and penalties, I'm not sure what they will do. But if you have a 2000 or older two stroke ski, you are screwed with these new laws. They are forcing everyone to buy 4 strokes.
    as much I hate California's government you simply cannot find another place in the US that even touched southern California from a weather standpoint IMO

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    First off, you can ride 2 stroke ski's in most lakes and such as has been said. In Tahoe and beginning NEXT year, (2013 for those who are not sure what year it is....lol) Lakes Mead and Mohave will ban 2 stroke ski's EXCEPT DI models. Any DI (Direct Injecton) model 2 stroke is okay.
    They wanted to ban ALL PWC's! But luckily the AMA and some other sensible folks got them to chill. By the way, these 2 lakes are NOT in California, but are in Nevada.
    This DOES NOT affect the area south from Davis Dam south to Mea he co, or Mexico if you are a gringo. Davis Dam is the south Dam at Lake Mohave just above Laughlin.
    They did not ban 2 stroke boats, just ski's. We are like water vermin still to many agencies and others. It is too bad.

So don't drink and ride or do things that will further contribute to this dilema we face. And join the AWA and other groups that support OUR rights as Americans to use the waterways our taxes and other fees pay to maintain.

By the way R33pwrd I couldn't agree more. I will be out riding in November thru March just like the rest of the year. It has it's benefits for sure.

OP
    1. Buy a standup. (making sure it's in decent working order and you have a way to get it to the water, and launch it)
    2. Get a life jacket
    3. Find the closest body of water with a boat ramp. (very few water ways i'm aware of banned 2 strokes outright, if your not sure call the LE agency with jurisdiction and ask)
    4. Put your ski in and proceed to drag yourself around, throw yourself off, and generally have a great time learning to ride .
    5. Enjoy being sore for at least a day or two after each ride for the first few rides.

Rinse repeat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information