Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    its the same one i used here
    http://www.250xtech.com/viewtopic.ph...=313&start=110
    yes standard basket, yes it checks for water resistance every min. or so very easy to wire three wires earth, on, auto. 3 way mini toggle works a treat, btw you dont have to use the auto function but it will be on all the time, i personally just keep it on auto for a days ride. never had to use it but you never now at least if i flip it in the surf i can empty the water without starting the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by OZFXSHO View Post
    Hi

Thanks so much of the pictures of your bilge pump install. May I ask do you use the standard plastic Rule branded plastic bracket to hold the bilge pump and then connect that to your Z shaped steel bracket?
    I assume you are using the new 500gph auto pump that requires no external float switch but in the specs it states it can auto check for water every few minutes, if so do you still need to use a 3 way switch that has on/off and auto?

I have wired up and installed many bilge pumps on boats over the last 25 years, just not 100% sure on how the newer types are wired up and if I have a 2 way switch and leave it in the on position will the pump actually be on or just in a standy "auto" mode? I am old school and always had to purchase a separate float swich and 3 way dash switch to get the auto detect function to work!

regards,

OZFXSHO

+1
    yes piece of mind after seeing others get wiped out in the surf unable to start their ski to get rid of the water. yamaha install them oem.

Quote Originally Posted by Macster View Post
    Sorry maybe a little off topic - just curious as to why you installed a bilge pump. Is it just extra piece of mind for off shore riding? Have you ever had a situation where you have needed one?

+1
    Hi

Hey nicjak I am loving your 300x. Does the new style Rule 500gph bilge pump with internal automatic float switch still be able to use the Rule range of Auto/on/off switches? I am looking at getting the waterproof switch one from Rule's catalogue, I know this switch works with the older range of bilge pumps that had external float switches just want to confirm it works with the type of pump you used?

If I am not wrong the bilge pump will only check automatically when my switch is set to auto then?, bit like in the past installations I have done.

Also where did you get your lanyard from for your GPS?, I have the new 78cs from Garmin and would love a lanyard that like if I can make it connect to my gps.

regards,

OZFXSHO

+1
    im guessing yes as its only a 3 position switch but dont you think its a bit large to mount on the ski after all its only a switch. look on ebay for a small toggle or at an electrical shop paint it with silicon paint to make it waterproof yes it only consumes power when switched to auto or on. i purchased the lanyard from one of those phone accessory shops you come across in shopping centres but i have also seen them in camera shops and office supply shops. i've always used them as a back up if you tip the ski or it gets knocked out of its holder in the surf. didnt see you at the water sports centre on sunday im sure its only next door to you lol.

Quote Originally Posted by OZFXSHO View Post
    Hi

Hey nicjak I am loving your 300x. Does the new style Rule 500gph bilge pump with internal automatic float switch still be able to use the Rule range of Auto/on/off switches? I am looking at getting the waterproof switch one from Rule's catalogue, I know this switch works with the older range of bilge pumps that had external float switches just want to confirm it works with the type of pump you used?

If I am not wrong the bilge pump will only check automatically when my switch is set to auto then?, bit like in the past installations I have done.

Also where did you get your lanyard from for your GPS?, I have the new 78cs from Garmin and would love a lanyard that like if I can make it connect to my gps.

regards,

OZFXSHO

+1
    Hi

Yeah I did miss out on the water sports centre as I had a birthday that I had to goto. Rule have a flat style rubber 3 way switch which I am looking for as it will still allow me to fit a 600ml drink bottle in the glove comparmtent as well, its more of a modern style flat style with a rubber look to it. I am looking for a lanyard now for my gps as well!

I think you are going to be the cause of me having no spare money this winter. I have ordered my bilge pump and will probably install it all next week.

regards,

OZFXSHO

+1
    you can get them for half price on ebay from the states pm me a link for the switch think i paid around $65 for the bilge. as said give me a call if you need any info

+1
    just added my depth finder glued the transducer inside the hull, and mounted the screen off my gps bracket, worked faultlessly all weekend even at WOT during turns it did not faulter once also added pics of finished bilge install ski's a bit dirty after weekend ride though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03072011265.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	244329   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03072011266.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	244330   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03072011267.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	244331   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04072011268.jpg 
Views:	509 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	244332   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04072011269.jpg 
Views:	425 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	244333   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03072011264.jpg 
Views:	446 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	244334  

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    just added my depth finder glued the transducer inside the hull, and mounted the screen off my gps bracket, worked faultlessly all weekend even at WOT during turns it did not faulter once also added pics of finished bilge install ski's a bit dirty after weekend ride though.
    Do you have more pictures of your gps bracket ?

Nice clean install...does it work well?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information