Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Subscribing

+1

Thumbs up

Some numbers for you guys...
    Bruce sent me one of these to test a few weeks ago but I only finally made it out on the water this weekend. Overall, I'm very satisfied with it and I'm guessing that there is still a little more room to play with the shuttles and the shorter bolt that comes with the kit. Overall a great product though I'm a bit sad that something this pretty is not visible at all.

Here were my GPS numbers:
    Stock cone: 71.1
    Smallest shuttle: 70.5
    Middle shuttle: 72.4
    Largest shuttle 72.1

I picked up a best of 1.3 mph with my setup and the middle shuttle.

I also noticed that the ski seems to pull a little harder once it's up on plane but holeshot didn't seems to change much. I could probably back the leading edge on my prop down a bit since it does not cavitate much at all, even with the stock cone.
    My FZS build is in my signature if anyone is curious what else I am running.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by STItaxi View Post
    Some numbers for you guys...
    Bruce sent me one of these to test a few weeks ago but I only finally made it out on the water this weekend. Overall, I'm very satisfied with it and I'm guessing that there is still a little more room to play with the shuttles and the shorter bolt that comes with the kit. Overall a great product though I'm a bit sad that something this pretty is not visible at all.

Here were my GPS numbers:
    Stock cone: 71.1
    Smallest shuttle: 70.5
    Middle shuttle: 72.4
    Largest shuttle 72.1

I picked up a best of 1.3 mph with my setup and the middle shuttle.

I also noticed that the ski seems to pull a little harder once it's up on plane but holeshot didn't seems to change much. I could probably back the leading edge on my prop down a bit since it does not cavitate much at all, even with the stock cone.
    My FZS build is in my signature if anyone is curious what else I am running.
    Sounds like the middle shuttle gave you the best outcome. Wonder if this may be worth a try.

+1
    When installing this will grease come out or is it packed in if so do you need to stand the unit strait up and down so nothing comes out ?

+1
    Vern

IMO they don't wear out ... life span is as long as you have it. I used to run one on my GPRs for years and liked it. You see different size pump cones for sale, pump cone spacers, etc, all claim to have less cavitation, better acceleration and better speed ... thing is that Bruce's Wet Wolf design is the only dynamically variable cone setup ... it adjusts instantly based on water pressure in the pump, plus it comes with different shuttle sizes for even more fine tuning.

Its a great product IMO, very well built, and is a nice tool to help tune out cavitation and add accel/top speed too.
    I couldn't have said it better myself Vern, There are a couple members of this forum that purchase an AAT every time they get a new PWC.

Another question would be if adjust- a-thrust helps the twin prop regain some of the top speed lost (typical 2 mph speed loss with twin prop)
    dhoad, I would venture a guess that you will gain back some lost top end. Lot's of CC racers use the AAT with a large exit nozzle. The larger nozzle gets them the holeshot and midrange they need, but they lose a mile an hour or two off the top. Adding the AAT gets them back the speed they lost, and sometimes a little more ---- without losing the holeshot and midrange they gained from the larger nozzle.

STXitaxi, glad to see you gained. , play around with the shorter bolt and shuttles and I am sure you can get a little more low and midrange out of it. My claim to fame has always been .5 to 1.5 more top end wth less cavittion off the bottom and a stronger, tuneable midrange.

When installing this will grease come out or is it packed in if so do you need to stand the unit strait up and down so nothing comes out ?
    Robert, as we discussed on the phone, grease doesn't come pouring out and the install is very straightforward, should take about 40 minutes. Your unit shipped today and should be there before the weekend.

Corkycat, yours might take a little longer....

I hope I have answered all of your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by wetwolf View Post
    We finally got around to building Adjust-A-Thrusts for the newest Yamaha pumps for the 1.8 liter PWC. Expect .5 to 1.5 more top end, less cavitation off the bottom, and improved midrange. We have them in stock and ready to ship. Summer is almost here!!!, Keep the wet side down.
    11 year old topic! Anyone using these on their SHO/SVHO? In theory it should be better than the lucky 13…

+1
    I've never even heard of this until you resurrected this thread. I'd love to hear more about it.

I just took a very quick look at their website: http://wetwolf.com/

+1
    Started building this in 1999, have over 18 different AATs for all the different pumps, and about 15 freestyle cones for different pumps.

No offense Jerry, and please don't take it personally. The lucky13 cone works great for tuning a pump, however, it is a static tune, not a dynamic tune.
    When I started with the AAT, I had 4 models. I built new models every time an OEM came out with a new pump. I don't build them for Honda, tried, couldn't produce any gains, Honda actually had their pump packed pretty tight. I built them for the 2 stroke Ultra 150s, but they only ones they worked on where triple piped race boats. Damn near every pump the OEM's came out with,I built a unit and tested it. If it worked, then I kept building them. If it didn't, or there was not enough demand,I quit building them.

It's been 20 fukkin years. I started this because of my love for jet skis and performance. I have been out of the jetski stuff for 8 years now due to physical and personal reasons. I am shutting down Wet Wolf because I want to spend my time fucking off on my motorcycles. I don't want to come home from work and have to worry about running out of SEA6 units. That just means about 2 weeks of work to get a production run done.

It's kind of a shame. With the advent of the 4 strokes and their particular tuning, the AAT can pull your overrev down 400-600 rpm, and turn that over rev into speed. Not like the old 2 stroke days where it would have been overpropping and blowing your motor up in the midrange. LOL

If anybody would like to take over this business there is money to be made. I'm done. I have solid models of everything and have gotten this down to a manufacturing gem. All units use the same tooling. If you have a sharp machinist, it takes 5 minutes to build a freestyle cone. Once you have the mill and the lathe set up, it's 2 minutes in the lathe, then it goes right to the mill for the other 3 minutes.

AAT's take 15 to 20 minutes between the mill and lathe.

If somebody would like all the drawings, give me a call and we will talk.

Tuning the AAT on the lake takes about 40 minutes to figure out which shuttles and bolts work best for you. When you want to change your set up for different conditions, it takes less than a minute to change shuttles.
    2 years after I started building these, SeaDoo actually called me and asked if I had a unit for the 155 pump. I didn't at the time. 6 months later I did. The SEA2 unit was one of the best performers.
    Anyhoo, I'm retiring from this stuff. Wanna buy the business? Let's talk. Want me to build a unit that is no longer in stock? Not gonna Fn happen.

It's been a 20 year blast, and I have to thank all of my loyal customers. I can't even believe getting a message from you guys 12 years later for a new unit for your 4 strokes. You Guy's Rock!

Clocking out, keep the wet side down.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wetwolf View Post
    Started building this in 1999, have over 18 different AATs for all the different pumps …

… a new unit for your 4 strokes. You Guy's Rock!

Clocking out, keep the wet side down.
    I bought AAT for my Polaris skis years ago, and somehow since then I either forgot or did not fully realize that you not only were still making them, but you were also making AAT for more recent generation 4-stroke skis.

I wish you well going forward. If someone takes up your offer and will continue AAT into the future, let us know how it works out.

+1
    I have never seen this, but I love the idea. Would like to try one but says out of stock on one for my ski (FZ 1.8L). Sucks but good luck on your retirement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information