Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    There is no SCOM for the 250/260 ultras

There are small gains to be had with modifications.
    But in all honesty just enjoy it stock
    because the money you spend to gain speed up I'll only end up costing you 5 x that later in repairs.

Just upgrade the the pump now ( if not already done)

So I just installed my Scom from Riva on my 310R
    And that white wire is definitely questionable as to whether its in all the way or not. And the blue wire that has to be heat shrunk to the brown is a poor design bc the two don't snap together so when u heat shrink it u have to hope the two are touching.Its like putting a male end to male end. But anyways my question is the manual says the speedometer stops and lock if the ski goes over 67mph. which did happen to me as well as the F1 code. Does anyone else ski read over 67 or does it just lock up and freeze ? I know the scom is working bc my stock rpms were 7450 and now i get it up to 8350 but i don't know my actual speed other than using gps bc the ski won't read over 67. But I'm gonna play with he white wire and see if i can better fit it in the ECU.

+1
    Use a GPS mounted on the HBs or somewhere or a Speedo app on your phone and keep in a Dry Pak in the glove compartment then you'll know your real speed...

If you want see your real time speed #s on the dash there's the very popular and discussed GPS module by CanDoo... I use it and luv it��

yeah thats what i have been doing and it does 72 73 but i wanna know why the stock speedo won't read over 67??

+1
    it simply won't go past 67 in mph where KLM goes to 108 same speed but higher numeric #..here's two samples with the CanDoo module it's a simple plug n play BUT but the only two small negatives is you have to run ski in KLM per hr and the instructions ,customer service or us can show you how to calibrate to read like mph and you won't be able to see 1/10s mph so if you see 72 it could be 72.9 mph..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	398748   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	398749  

+1
    it simply doesnt hence the reason to now get a gps to see your speeds. only way around is the candoo. btw you shouldnt be heat shrinking male pins together, one should be female (the one removed from the ecu plug) the other from the module should be a male..
    all pins correctly seated shouldnt produce a f1 code. you have something not fitted correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by TC1428 View Post
    yeah thats what i have been doing and it does 72 73 but i wanna know why the stock speedo won't read over 67??

So the CanDoo is ordered and i pushed the white wire further in or as far is i can get the damn thing in and heard the click when locking the wires back up so hopefully that works and stop the F1 code. as for the male to male wire it was a hypothetical not actual. But i may have to redo it just bc i don't recall the two wires actually connecting with a click. Anyhow heres a couple photos of how i did it. Btw i mounted the scom in a different spot then Riva recommended bc it didn't freaken fit under the ECU upper bracket like they said it would.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0203.jpg 
Views:	584 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	398839   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0205.jpg 
Views:	633 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	398840  
    Last edited by TC1428; 09-13-2016 at 11:18 AM. Reason: update

OK, so new problem I'm wondering if anyone else experienced.
    I first installed the Riva Scom and the ski ran great. I got my Rpm up to 8350 and gps speed to 74.
    Then I purchased and installed the Candoo gps and the problems began. Installing it was a pain in the ass!! Disconnecting the stock speed connector is beyond frustrating and then its impossible to get the power plug through the back of the battery port rubber grommet. So what i did instead was pull the stock power plug out past the battery port grommet and relocated it near the ECU panel so i could simply plug the candoo into it. Im not by any means bashing Candoo and Jeff from Candoo was very helpful on the phone all the times I called.
    So I get it all connected and calibrated to 50 in KLM and head to the water for a test ride. The product works good as for speed accuracy but I don't think it works right with the Riva Scom
    All conditions of water, current, air temp were the same and now the ski will only reach 8000 rpm and 71mph?? Why??
    So I called Jeff back and asked him if he knew why that would be and he said one might be conflicting with the other and that with the Candoo people usually don't need a Scom bc the Candoo tricks the ski into thinking its going slower than it really is bc its calibrated in KLM not MPH
    I hope this makes sense to someone and they can explain with these two devices aren't working together on my ski? I may just take out the Candoo and leave the Scom since it ran best with just the Scom and since I'm not a fan of having to leave the speed in KLM which also changes my temperature from Fahrenheit to Celcius automatically. My USA ass has no clue what 28 celsius means in Fahrenheit unless i switch it back over to MPH.
    Also side question... Whats the max RPM people have seen from 310r with a scom and or Candoo only. no other mods.
    Last edited by TC1428; 10-01-2016 at 10:05 AM.

Hello,I have such a similar problem.My Kawa ultra 300X has before installation of SCOM 7800 RPM.After installation, I was very excited because at once 8200 RPM.After 3 hours driving and leave overnight turned the engine. On the next day only 7970-8000 RPM.Has one of you a have a similar problem? Where are my 200rpm.greetings

Greetings

+1
    any update on this issue? Is the Cando compatible with the SCOM?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information