Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thats a badass design

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    OK, that's pretty reasonable then. The spec sheet showed all the models had leaf springs.

Hey Rich. Stuff is the best thing since sliced bread. It dries dry to the touch, not greasy, so it doesn't attract dirt & lasts a LONG time between applications. It also helps prevent the bunk carpet from scratching the hull. I buy it locally from Westmarine. I have a stand that's almost as high as the bunks on my trailer which makes it easier too. I just have to crank the tongue wheel as high as it will go to lower the back of the bunks when loading & unloading the skis to the cart. The only downside is the skis will slip right off the bunks as soon as you unhook the bow, or when loading the ski back up, even on ramps that are not real steep. The no-wake button comes in handy for that issue though.

Did better than last year...took second in my class...out of 2. Hopefully there will be a bigger NA class next time.

I have to disagree with those that like Liquid Rollers. I tried the stuff a few weeks ago and I hate it. Yes it does exactly what it says, but it does it too well. It became impossible for me to ride on to my trailer. Soon as I pull the ski up, and shut it down, it shoots right back off. I can also no longer quickly move my shop cart around with the ski on it or I'll end up pulling the ski right off and on to the floor. Accidently step on to one of your bunks while launching or trailering and you'll fall hard. This stuff creates more problems than it fixes.

+1
    Depends on the situation. I found liquid rollers a great help when moving our big ass 1200 from the trailer to the cart. I haven't been to the water yet so maybe your right on that part...just gotta remember to keep the winch strap on. I imagine driving it on to the trailer might also be an issue if you came in a little fast....up and over.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
    I have to disagree with those that like Liquid Rollers. I tried the stuff a few weeks ago and I hate it. Yes it does exactly what it says, but it does it too well. It became impossible for me to ride on to my trailer. Soon as I pull the ski up, and shut it down, it shoots right back off. I can also no longer quickly move my shop cart around with the ski on it or I'll end up pulling the ski right off and on to the floor. Accidently step on to one of your bunks while launching or trailering and you'll fall hard. This stuff creates more problems than it fixes.
    Yeah, it does take some getting used to. My double trailer has a walking plank down the center, so I just pull up far enough to jump from the ski to the plank, leave the motor running to hold it in place & then connect the winch strap. Same when launching; I start the motor before disconnecting the strap so it doesn't launch itself. It is a little more of a pain in the ass with a single trailer because you sometimes have to jump off the ski in waste deep water at steep ramps, which can suck if the water is cold.

I've also tried bunk slides & plastic bunks & wasn't real happy with how badly they scuffed my hulls. The plastic bunks were handy with my GPR though, because the ski doesn't slide off as soon as you disconnect the strap. I could get on & give it one good pull & it would quickly slide off, which was convenient for a ski with no reverse.

I would never use liquid rollers on a shop stand for the reasons you mentioned.

+1
    I don't get my feet wet with my i-catch...

I really like the idea of this trailer. Anyone know of any problems or issues now that they have been around a little longer?

How many people can move their skis off the trailer onto stands by themselves? Do you use a hoist?

I am new the the large ski world (have not purchased yet) just trying to figure out what will be the best setup for my application.

+1
    The plastic key part# 269 800 039 is junk. Broke twice.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by H2HO View Post
    The plastic key part# 269 800 039 is junk. Broke twice.
    What does the key do,or fit into?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What does the key do,or fit into?
    It locks and unlocks the front latch. (See highlighted item on picture). It should fit into the engineers ass that designed it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	key.JPG 
Views:	671 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	280848

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by H2HO View Post
    It locks and unlocks the front latch. (See highlighted item on picture). It should fit into the engineers ass that designed it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	key.JPG 
Views:	671 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	280848
    Can you just replace the winch assembly with a standard type?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information