Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    +1
    hope you dont have a flat on the inside tire on the highway, other than that cool idea

+1
    Very cool idea. I like it... but I want brakes on my double trailers now and 13" would be nice.

+1
    Saw it a couple of weeks ago in person at the races. It is an excellent idea... If you have a flat, it's just a little more work to pull the good trailer forward to change the inside tire out... unless it blows and takes out the tire next to it.

+1
    I hope you at least get the aluminum one for $2K, because there's no way I'd pay that much coin for a galvanized trailer with leaf springs. It's not a bad idea but kind of gimmicky. If I want to leave one ski at home, I have this new fangled invention called a shop stand. I use liquid rollers on my bunks & have no problem getting a ski onto a stand by myself in less than 3 minutes, even the SHO full of fuel.

+1
    Aluminum, and they have torsion axels, and sealed bearings that have a life time warranty

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    Kinda miss having the gear box up front to stow things, but the whole idea is pretty darn cool.

...the pin the keeps the hitch angled/straight: How well made is that?

wish they made a tandem axle version ( the wife and i do some long distance towing with the skis, stability is important; especially when they are behind the 5th wheel.)

Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    I hope you at least get the aluminum one for $2K, because there's no way I'd pay that much coin for a galvanized trailer with leaf springs. It's not a bad idea but kind of gimmicky. If I want to leave one ski at home, I have this new fangled invention called a shop stand. I use liquid rollers on my bunks & have no problem getting a ski onto a stand by myself in less than 3 minutes, even the SHO full of fuel.
    Mark, can you tell me what "liquid rollers is? also, how do you get your SHO off the trailerand on to the stand by yourself? I;m thinking of building a stand but don't want to buy a hoist.
    P.S. how did you do at the hydrodrags?
    Thanx. in advance , Rich

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 02gpR View Post
    Aluminum, and they have torsion axels, and sealed bearings that have a life time warranty
    OK, that's pretty reasonable then. The spec sheet showed all the models had leaf springs.

Quote Originally Posted by rich11c View Post
    Mark, can you tell me what "liquid rollers is? also, how do you get your SHO off the trailerand on to the stand by yourself? I;m thinking of building a stand but don't want to buy a hoist.
    P.S. how did you do at the hydrodrags?
    Thanx. in advance , Rich
    Hey Rich. Stuff is the best thing since sliced bread. It dries dry to the touch, not greasy, so it doesn't attract dirt & lasts a LONG time between applications. It also helps prevent the bunk carpet from scratching the hull. I buy it locally from Westmarine. I have a stand that's almost as high as the bunks on my trailer which makes it easier too. I just have to crank the tongue wheel as high as it will go to lower the back of the bunks when loading & unloading the skis to the cart. The only downside is the skis will slip right off the bunks as soon as you unhook the bow, or when loading the ski back up, even on ramps that are not real steep. The no-wake button comes in handy for that issue though.

Did better than last year...took second in my class...out of 2. Hopefully there will be a bigger NA class next time.

Talking I have Had the Karavan Trailer for 10 months now and love it

I love this trailer I have 2 skis and some times my wife does not want to go so my friend meets me at my house and he has the same trailer so we put them together and car pool. Hey I would like to see that guy do that with his jet ski stand lol. it takes around 30 sec to take it apart abd less then 4 mins to put it together. it is the best Ilove it

+1
    some pics from yesterday and today .. went on a mini road trip and had a great time ... trailer towed like a dream Def. money well spent

11. +1 by:

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information