Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    ttt
    Hey Tommy just wanted to know if saltwater makes a difference from freshwater in speed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    Hey Tommy just wanted to know if saltwater makes a difference from freshwater in speed.
    with all my testing on the Fountain race boats the salt water apears to produce a little less speed .5 to 1.5 mph slower than brackish or fresh water. A second thing I have found is that the humidity most of the time is always higher along the coast where salt water is which makes the engine produce a little less HP also , Tommy Jordan

still kicking ass and taking names! Pale Rider's Avatar
    +1
    with all my testing on the Fountain race boats the salt water apears to produce a little less speed .5 to 1mph slower than brackish or fresh water. Tommy Jordan
    Tommy I agree, we have this hook, curve near the bay entrance that is salt/brackish and the speeds seem the highest for no other apparent reason... maybe some kind of under current, don`t know...

+1
    bumping this back up to the top for the new guys

After working on several Fzr/Fzs This is what I have came up with as far as BEST speed numbers. These speed numbers are based on IF you have air intake, exhaust, rideplate, water intake grate,prop/nozzle, ecm reflash or aftermarket ecm and all the normal things everybody does plus your ski is tuned correctly you are testing in good water conditions and running the ski as free as possible also............ stock sc wheel and no reflash= 73-74 mph add a reflash or aftermarket ecm 7-9 psi of boost= 76-79 mph, 10-12 psi of boost= 80-82 mph, 13-15 psi of boost= 83-85 mph, 16-18 psi of boost= 86-88 mph and over 18 psi of boost 89 mph and up depending on how much boost you can get. This is just what I have seen. Head porting , cam gears and camshafts can give you a even better speed at these boost numbers also. I know some of you are not getting these speed numbers but if everything is done correctly you should be close to these speeds. If you are running these speed numbers or better with that amount of boost then you have done a good job on your ski! If not you need to look and see where you are not getting the best out of your ski. These speed numbers will be less in hot and humid weather also. If you choose to run your ski tighter to the water your ski will be slower. Feel free to respond to this post if you like. Tommy Jordan
    Hi Tommy how does bodyweight affect top speed?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    Hi Tommy how does bodyweight affect top speed?
    I am a big guy 240 lbs and one of the guys I do a lot of testing with is 165 lbs and we see 1- 1.5 mph slower with me on the ski than with his lighter weight on the ski. This is based on over 100 test runs in the past years. these test have been on gpr and fzr from stock to heavy modded skis and the spread stays the same 1 to 1.5 mph faster with the lighter rider. Tommy Jordan

I am a big guy 240 lbs and one of the guys I do a lot of testing with is 165 lbs and we see 1- 1.5 mph slower with me on the ski than with his lighter weight on the ski. This is based on over 100 test runs in the past years. these test have been on gpr and fzr from stock to heavy modded skis and the spread stays the same 1 to 1.5 mph faster with the lighter rider. Tommy Jordan
    Thank you.

+1
    stock sc wheel and no reflash= 73-74 mph
    Thanks for this, I have a question. Using the parts you listed. What would expect with a stock ECU with a C3, Boost Clamp and RRFPR. I was hoping to add those to my si and was hoping to get ~75 but according to your speeds it could/should be higher?

I ride in saltwater only

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rcapone View Post
    Thanks for this, I have a question. Using the parts you listed. What would expect with a stock ECU with a C3, Boost Clamp and RRFPR. I was hoping to add those to my si and was hoping to get ~75 but according to your speeds it could/should be higher?

I ride in saltwater only
    When you add a higher boost wheel it is hard to get the engine proped correct for the stack ecm. I tried and tried to get the most I could out of a ski while using a stock ecm. One day I would have it proped just correct and the next day with better weather I was all over the revlimiter. I finally went with a reflash and boy was everthing much easier to get going the speed numbers I was looking for. DO YOUR SELF A BIG FAVOR AND GET YOUR ECM REFLASHED ( or a after market ecm motec or vipec if you like them better and have the extra $ ) till you do this you will never be happy . You have all the right parts in your signature so far. A c3 and a reflash will put you over the top. You are working with your hands tied till you get around the low rpms the oem ecm has on it. Tommy Jordan

+1
    When you add a higher boost wheel it is hard to get the engine proped correct for the stack ecm. I tried and tried to get the most I could out of a ski while using a stock ecm. One day I would have it proped just correct and the next day with better weather I was all over the revlimiter. I finally went with a reflash and boy was everthing much easier to get going the speed numbers I was looking for. DO YOUR SELF A BIG FAVOR AND GET YOUR ECM REFLASHED ( or a after market ecm motec or vipec if you like them better and have the extra $ ) till you do this you will never be happy . You have all the right parts in your signature so far. A c3 and a reflash will put you over the top. You are working with your hands tied till you get around the low rpms the oem ecm has on it. Tommy Jordan
    Thanks for the reply, I'm considering teh reflash but I'm just worried about the higher rpms and engine longevity. But I've seen a lot of people running them with great success so I may just take the plunge. Would the R1 be OK?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information