Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    still kicking ass and taking names! Pale Rider's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    PR - did you happen to record how much you gained by doing this? I'm sure it's worth something, just curious how much.
    Hi Mike, to be truthful I really can`t say... possibly worth a tenth or so. I never did a back to back test. I was just bored and decided to fill them in as most do/did...
    Maybe shoot WFO, Jetdave, or Inkaddict a PM and see what they recorded or noted...
    Sorry I couldn`t be more helpful... maybe this thread will show how "other people" did this and maybe they know the results...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Hi Mike, to be truthful I really can`t say... possibly worth a tenth or so. I never did a back to back test. I was just bored and decided to fill them in as most do/did...
    Maybe shoot WFO, Jetdave, or Inkaddict a PM and see what they recorded or noted...
    Sorry I couldn`t be more helpful... maybe this thread will show how "other people" did this and maybe they know the results...
    That's fair. I'm going to give it a try at some point. Looks good and I'd imagine it's worth something.

+1
    Great write-up Andy. Not too many people taking the time to post in this section any more...pretty sure the 4-stroke guys don't know it exists. I like the idea of the alumi tape. I remember an old thread where they used a small piece of rope around the bolt being held in place with duct tape which I thought was a good idea for making it easy to remove the epoxy if needed, but I like your method better.

FYI, Jim used that same type of epoxy on mine & it's been there for 1.5 years without issue.

still kicking ass and taking names! Pale Rider's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Great write-up Andy. Not too many people taking the time to post in this section any more...pretty sure the 4-stroke guys don't know it exists. I like the idea of the alumi tape. I remember an old thread where they used a small piece of rope around the bolt being held in place with duct tape which I thought was a good idea for making it easy to remove the epoxy if needed, but I like your method better.

FYI, Jim used that same type of epoxy on mine & it's been there for 1.5 years without issue.
    Thanks Mark
    I figured that the rope and tape method didn`t have enough depth for my liking... more bonding area with the alum tape... and if it needs to come out, some quick work with the dremel or possibly inserting a small screw (drill hole) and giving it a yank with a body hammer slide, who knows... I`m not looking to remove the shoe anytime soon

Looks great. Thanks for the How To. What is this mod worth? Would there ever be a reason to remove the pump shoe? I guess this stuff could be tapped out if needed?

+1
    great overall info!!

+1
    i used marine tex its still there a year later and if you get it slightly wet before it dries it can be molded or sanded very easily

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information