Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    +1
    Now thats how you have a POLARIS gathering!

+1
    Well it is Monday, after a full day of work, I can really appreciate the time I had over the weekend. Met some great people, saw some cool ski's, learned a bunch... and really just enjoyed the whole experience. Thanks to all who made this thing come together. For sure next year same spot.... the riding was awesome!!! I will get my videos of the event posted tonight, or at least try!!!

+1
    Whew,
    Just got pulled in the driveway at 11PM CST. All I can say is the traffic on Michigan interstates is a nightmare!!!!!

Cyndi and I both had a fantastic time this weekend. Met some great new folks and really got to know others with whom I was previously acquainted. The riding on St. Claire was very unique to us. The wife just raved about all the cuts and paths through the grass beds. Thanks a bunch to all the locals that gave us guided tours through all these areas.

The big lesson learned is that 15 year old skis have their limits, especially when running along with faster, more powerful skis. On the long runs we found that our 780 and 750 were pretty much pegged at WOT most of the time to keep up with the group.

On Saturday the SLT 780 was fouling plugs from the extended idle zones. On Sunday it started to run pretty poorly by the end of the day and I thought it had fouled another set. I put those in and still no power. Hmmmm me thinks this is deeper So, out comes the handy compression gauge and whoops.........about 30PSI on the MAG cylinder

Looks like the wife literally ran her ski to death Oh well, she had a great time and that's all that matters. I'll get it torn down soon and put it back in shape.

I'll get some of our pics posted soon and look forward to seeing evidence posted from other attendees.

KJ

Is it almost winter yet??? ProXR 440's Avatar
    +1
    The look on Cyndi's face after I blew by her when we first met up with you guys tells me she wants some 84mm Yamaha pistons

+1
    Some vids to watch. better not,,,,,,,,, 1st one is me getting towed back by the gpr 1200 back to the house after I put the 2-stroke oil in first. dont do that!

3 of them are the gang waiting for the rest of us getting ready for our ride. another of Cindy riding her slt with me behind her trying to stay close but safe enough away from her. and us riding to the gas dock. when you see the beach landing at the house, we were on the right hand side house,not the left house, that was the landlords house. he had a cyclone fence cage with 13 puppies in it in his backyard..
    Last edited by bowsniper; 07-30-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ProXR 440 View Post
    The look on Cyndi's face after I blew by her when we first met up with you guys tells me she wants some 84mm Yamaha pistons
    Yes Craig, you skunked me! Totally blew me out of the water! I felt like a scooter at a harley race! The hubby now has big bore envy! I really enjoyed the weekend and felt like a "harley chick" on water! What amazing people were at the gathering! If you didn't go... you missed it and were missed! DON'T miss the next one! You all were so cool and it was like we had known you for years it was so easy to talk, laugh, and tease each other. If you are a girl.... YOU NEED TO GET YOUR GAME ON!!! How fun this was and it was my first run with the group. Now I am a junky! Look out! Great tour guides and fabulous company! Hope all made it home safely! CJ

+1
    Mr Bowsniper, getting pulled by a Yamaha sure beats swimming!!!!! Just remember that anyone can break down, but only you could screwup premixing oil resulting in a tow!!! Its all good!!!!

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    We had our first meal in a resturant at The san sauci bar around 4 yesterday with k447 and better half. Then headed home. Every road had constrution, We took a 45 minute nap when we finally got to iowa. Then finished the trip and made it Home at 4:30 am. No work today, too whipped.But we'll be back next year.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boomanch1967 View Post
    Mr Bowsniper, getting pulled by a Yamaha sure beats swimming!!!!! Just remember that anyone can break down, but only you could screwup premixing oil resulting in a tow!!! Its all good!!!!

You need at least 150 posts before you can give me a hard time.....lol

keep talking and I'll give all your leftover ribs to ZORA! lol When ya coming back up here to ski again?

Dan, I guess you didnt come by, stayed home all day waiting for ya to roll by. no biggie.. Is it alright if I use the tach for a while? I can mail it to you after. I bought another phone cord today, so its all good.

+1

Smile

I had a great time at gathering,thanks to the guys who got my ski running so I was able to ride with everyone,the food,drinks,and the house were fabulous,got a bit strange last night there,HP was mad at us cause he got left out in rain so he didn't do much with us,the weekend turned out to be great,Thank again to the guys who worked on my jetski
    Last edited by AmySue; 07-27-2011 at 09:52 PM.

Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread Information