Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 418189909192 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    well, you didnít exactly dodge a bullet. The ceramic clutch washers have failed and with that much run time your oil pumps will be shot. You will need to pull the engine and replace the front and rear oil pumps. The GreenHulk store will have all the parts you need. Luckily the oil pump parts are not that expensive.
    Yes, indeed. I pulled the engine, tore it down, ordered the parts, screwed up, ordered a few more, got it cleaned up, rebuilt, and reinstalled over the weekend. Water pump was leaking (due to my error when pulling the engine) so had to address that as well. Got it buttoned up this afternoon and fired it up in the driveway...and miracle of miracles it runs. No, it doesn't just run it runs great!

Though I'm fairly mechanically inclined and infinitely curious I was more than a little intimidated by this task. Even on relatively low hour unit, at 15 years old the risk/reward wasn't favorable to tackling this but I did. Without the resources on this web site, Jerry's quick/relevant replies, and a little help from YouTube (3 ft Deep) there is absolutely, positively no way this would have been a successful endeavor. Hearing that bad boy purr in the driveway on the hose has me so stoked to get it out on the water I'm not sure how I'm expected to do a proper break in with all the freaking anticipation. Ridiculous!!

Thank you, Jerry, for keeping this forum and thread alive for over nine years so us "vintage" SeaDoo owners can tackle big projects and have positive outcomes! You da man!!

2. +1 by:

About to take off my SC to send in and I noticed a little bit of oil in the air intake hose. Is this normal? I am worried since I dropped a wrench and it went under the engine and when I pulled it out with a magnetic wand, it had oil all over it. I have oil puddle under engine. Went from just wanting rebuild to what issues do I have?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenRedRXT2005 View Post
    Thank you, Jerry, for keeping this forum and thread alive for over nine years so us "vintage" SeaDoo owners can tackle big projects and have positive outcomes! You da man!!

So happy to hear it all worked out for you and very happy to have been a help to you!
    Have fun out on the water!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuncker View Post
    About to take off my SC to send in and I noticed a little bit of oil in the air intake hose. Is this normal? I am worried since I dropped a wrench and it went under the engine and when I pulled it out with a magnetic wand, it had oil all over it. I have oil puddle under engine. Went from just wanting rebuild to what issues do I have?
    It's normal to have some oil in the supercharger.
    If you have oil under the engine two problem areas to look at are the oil seal at the back of the engine that the driveshaft goes into and the O rings on the oil cooler on the side of the engine block under the intake manifold.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    there are a couple of other less common places that oil can leak

1-oil sender under the intake manifold ( rare but I've seen a few drippers over the years)
    2-PTO cover, loose or stripped bolt or a sloppy job cleaning off the old gasket, this assumes your pto cover has been off at some time. Clue there is marks on the lifting bosses indicating that the engine had been removed at one time. Pulled a pto cover once and one of the bolts ( the leaker) had toothpicks jammed in the hole so the bolt would tighten. Imagine that.
    3-Sloppy mechanics spilling oil when doing a change ( they try to dump too much down the inlet and it overflows) and not mopping up after.
    4-and least likely, but still a candidate, the orings on the blower itself, those are rather obvious when the blower comes out

for now, mop it up with a shop rag with some brake cleaner on a bit of coathanger wire and check again after a few rides, If the oil is substainatial , use a suction hose ( substantial is 4oz or more)

typically big leakers make big messes, and chasing after a smallish leak on a ski that is older has diminishing returns

quickest way to pinpoint the source of an oil leak in a tight spot like a ski hull is with a dye kit and an inspection camera and as you imagine, that's more pain.

I like a clean hull more then anybody, but problems sometimes take lots of time to track down. At the least a $30 inspection cameras from amazon will let you get a look at the oil cooler connections without any disassembly. money well spent.

I just pulled the supercharger from my 2012 RXPX260 an was going to send it to you for a rebuild but wanted to know if it should be rebuilt of just replaced. The ski is 8 years old 27 hours but has never had a rebuild. I've had 3 oem intercooler failures even with flushing with salt away every use and currently have a fizzle on order and just ordered a strainer from this site that I'll install too.

Looking at the supercharger it looks like salt must've gotten down to the supercharger when the intercoolers failed, I know I had that happen to the throttle body that caused issues once.

When I pulled the supercharger I saw there are a couple small dents in the fins but didn't know how bad they are and if you think it should be rebuilt, or if I should just replace it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supercharger2.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	463943   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supercharger1.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	463942  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supercharger3.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	463944   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supercharger4.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	463945  

I would replace it, you could definitely fix it, but your on borrowed time

Not to highjack a thread but I have an 2003 gtx 185 and the supercharger just failed on me. I can spin the turbine with my fingers. Now I’m aware the the 04-07 had the ceramic washers in the but someone told me the 03s didn’t. Should I be concerned about issues in the bottom end or should I just rebuild it and run with it? It has 112 hours on it and superchargers never been rebuilt before.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bsimms89 View Post

you need to replace that supercharger! The GreenHulk store offers them at a discounted price
    https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...roducts_id=773

Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 418189909192 LastLast

Thread Information