Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 LastLast
    Wooo Hooo!! Finally got my 08 RXT-X out of the storage bin and getting her ready to get back in the water. Being deployed over and over for the past 10 years has me worried about the 2 years mando rebuild even though it only has 68 hrs. Pulling it off and shipping it in from the island of Oahu where get this.... No Sea Doo dealers are..... Order #55399. Thanks Jerry!!! Semper FI!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyT750 View Post
    Wooo Hooo!! Finally got my 08 RXT-X out of the storage bin and getting her ready to get back in the water. Being deployed over and over for the past 10 years has me worried about the 2 years mando rebuild even though it only has 68 hrs. Pulling it off and shipping it in from the island of Oahu where get this.... No Sea Doo dealers are..... Order #55399. Thanks Jerry!!! Semper FI!
    Thank you very much!

+1
    Jerry are you still working on rebuilds with everything going on. I was going to pull it this weekend and send it down. Thanks

Jerry - I just sent you my supercharger for a rebuild (order # 55733). It's out of a 2008 Seadoo GTX 215 Limited that I bought last year. The previous owner had it for 2 years and did not know anything about sc rebuilds. I figured I rather be safe and send the unit in. Thank you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmanswerving View Post
    Jerry are you still working on rebuilds with everything going on. I was going to pull it this weekend and send it down. Thanks

yes, please order the rebuild service from this link in my store
    https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=5170

thanks for your business!

Jerry - I have two 2005 RXT superchargers heading your way (order #56066). Though the skis are 15 years old...one only has 68 hours on it while the other has 176 hours (80% of which is at idle according to the SeaDoo computer). The higher hour unit got to where it would only do 50 mph a couple of years ago vs 70 mph for the other unit. I did a little troubleshooting (corrected overfilled oil, new plugs, etc...) but couldn't figure it out. Even took it to a local shop and they couldn't figure it out. 50 mph is plenty so I admit to being a little lazy addressing it. When I pulled the supercharger I noticed the gear spun freely and was loose none of which meant anything to me because I had no prior experience. When I pulled the supercharger for the second unit I immediately noticed the gear was not loose and when it spun it spun the turbine as well. Problem found! I thought that when the washers went in those superchargers it was catastrophic to the engine. I've probably put 20+ hours on it since noticing it wouldn't exceed 50 mph and no telling how many more before I noticed it. Seems like I dodged a bullet? Anything else I should do before I reinstall the rebuilt superchargers? Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenRedRXT2005 View Post
    Jerry - I have two 2005 RXT superchargers heading your way (order #56066). Though the skis are 15 years old...one only has 68 hours on it while the other has 176 hours (80% of which is at idle according to the SeaDoo computer). The higher hour unit got to where it would only do 50 mph a couple of years ago vs 70 mph for the other unit. I did a little troubleshooting (corrected overfilled oil, new plugs, etc...) but couldn't figure it out. Even took it to a local shop and they couldn't figure it out. 50 mph is plenty so I admit to being a little lazy addressing it. When I pulled the supercharger I noticed the gear spun freely and was loose none of which meant anything to me because I had no prior experience. When I pulled the supercharger for the second unit I immediately noticed the gear was not loose and when it spun it spun the turbine as well. Problem found! I thought that when the washers went in those superchargers it was catastrophic to the engine. I've probably put 20+ hours on it since noticing it wouldn't exceed 50 mph and no telling how many more before I noticed it. Seems like I dodged a bullet? Anything else I should do before I reinstall the rebuilt superchargers? Thanks!

well, you didn’t exactly dodge a bullet. The ceramic clutch washers have failed and with that much run time your oil pumps will be shot. You will need to pull the engine and replace the front and rear oil pumps. The GreenHulk store will have all the parts you need. Luckily the oil pump parts are not that expensive.

8. +1 by:

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenRedRXT2005 View Post
    ... 2005 RXT ... The higher hour unit got to where it would only do 50 mph a couple of years ago ...

... took it to a local shop and they couldn't figure it out. ...
    You proably do not want to be using that shop anymore, if they could not figure out a failed supercharger clutch :/

Jerry - I have two 2006 RXTs that I bought to flip so I'm just trying to sell them. I'm sending one supercharger to you for a rebuild but the second one appears to just need to clutch washers upgraded from ceramic. How much do you charge for the clutch replacement and how do I purchase so I can send both at the same time?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    yes, please order the rebuild service from this link in my store
    https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=5170

thanks for your business!
    thanks being sent today via fed ex

12. +1 by:

Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 LastLast

Thread Information