Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 897
  1. #871
    MikeyT750's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Oahu HI
    Posts
    42
    Wooo Hooo!! Finally got my 08 RXT-X out of the storage bin and getting her ready to get back in the water. Being deployed over and over for the past 10 years has me worried about the 2 years mando rebuild even though it only has 68 hrs. Pulling it off and shipping it in from the island of Oahu where get this.... No Sea Doo dealers are..... Order #55399. Thanks Jerry!!! Semper FI!

  2. #872
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    37,664
    +1
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyT750 View Post
    Wooo Hooo!! Finally got my 08 RXT-X out of the storage bin and getting her ready to get back in the water. Being deployed over and over for the past 10 years has me worried about the 2 years mando rebuild even though it only has 68 hrs. Pulling it off and shipping it in from the island of Oahu where get this.... No Sea Doo dealers are..... Order #55399. Thanks Jerry!!! Semper FI!
    Thank you very much!

  3. #873
    lastmanswerving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    16
    +1
    5
    Jerry are you still working on rebuilds with everything going on. I was going to pull it this weekend and send it down. Thanks

  4. #874
    Jerry - I just sent you my supercharger for a rebuild (order # 55733). It's out of a 2008 Seadoo GTX 215 Limited that I bought last year. The previous owner had it for 2 years and did not know anything about sc rebuilds. I figured I rather be safe and send the unit in. Thank you.


  5. #875
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    37,664
    +1
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmanswerving View Post
    Jerry are you still working on rebuilds with everything going on. I was going to pull it this weekend and send it down. Thanks

    yes, please order the rebuild service from this link in my store
    https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=5170

    thanks for your business!

  6. #876
    Jerry - I have two 2005 RXT superchargers heading your way (order #56066). Though the skis are 15 years old...one only has 68 hours on it while the other has 176 hours (80% of which is at idle according to the SeaDoo computer). The higher hour unit got to where it would only do 50 mph a couple of years ago vs 70 mph for the other unit. I did a little troubleshooting (corrected overfilled oil, new plugs, etc...) but couldn't figure it out. Even took it to a local shop and they couldn't figure it out. 50 mph is plenty so I admit to being a little lazy addressing it. When I pulled the supercharger I noticed the gear spun freely and was loose none of which meant anything to me because I had no prior experience. When I pulled the supercharger for the second unit I immediately noticed the gear was not loose and when it spun it spun the turbine as well. Problem found! I thought that when the washers went in those superchargers it was catastrophic to the engine. I've probably put 20+ hours on it since noticing it wouldn't exceed 50 mph and no telling how many more before I noticed it. Seems like I dodged a bullet? Anything else I should do before I reinstall the rebuilt superchargers? Thanks!

  7. #877
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    37,664
    +1
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenRedRXT2005 View Post
    Jerry - I have two 2005 RXT superchargers heading your way (order #56066). Though the skis are 15 years old...one only has 68 hours on it while the other has 176 hours (80% of which is at idle according to the SeaDoo computer). The higher hour unit got to where it would only do 50 mph a couple of years ago vs 70 mph for the other unit. I did a little troubleshooting (corrected overfilled oil, new plugs, etc...) but couldn't figure it out. Even took it to a local shop and they couldn't figure it out. 50 mph is plenty so I admit to being a little lazy addressing it. When I pulled the supercharger I noticed the gear spun freely and was loose none of which meant anything to me because I had no prior experience. When I pulled the supercharger for the second unit I immediately noticed the gear was not loose and when it spun it spun the turbine as well. Problem found! I thought that when the washers went in those superchargers it was catastrophic to the engine. I've probably put 20+ hours on it since noticing it wouldn't exceed 50 mph and no telling how many more before I noticed it. Seems like I dodged a bullet? Anything else I should do before I reinstall the rebuilt superchargers? Thanks!

    well, you didn’t exactly dodge a bullet. The ceramic clutch washers have failed and with that much run time your oil pumps will be shot. You will need to pull the engine and replace the front and rear oil pumps. The GreenHulk store will have all the parts you need. Luckily the oil pump parts are not that expensive.

  8. +1 by:


  9. #878
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    41,878
    +1
    2,094
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenRedRXT2005 View Post
    ... 2005 RXT ... The higher hour unit got to where it would only do 50 mph a couple of years ago ...

    ... took it to a local shop and they couldn't figure it out. ...
    You proably do not want to be using that shop anymore, if they could not figure out a failed supercharger clutch :/


  10. #879
    Jerry - I have two 2006 RXTs that I bought to flip so I'm just trying to sell them. I'm sending one supercharger to you for a rebuild but the second one appears to just need to clutch washers upgraded from ceramic. How much do you charge for the clutch replacement and how do I purchase so I can send both at the same time?

  11. #880
    lastmanswerving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    16
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    yes, please order the rebuild service from this link in my store
    https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=5170

    thanks for your business!
    thanks being sent today via fed ex

  12. +1 by:


Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 Sea-Doo Supercharger Reliability
    By TRMacchi in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-25-2014, 07:09 AM
  2. FS - Parts 4 inch specter air intake for sea-doo supercharged sportster
    By cigarlust in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 07:12 PM
  3. Engine-Tech Billet Water Cooler for Sea-Doo superchargers
    By jerryspringer in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-16-2012, 08:23 AM
  4. sea doo 800 rebuild question
    By brandoneastland in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 03:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •