Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687
    This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    you can find a couple of how to's on pulling the blower in the forum

you'll need either a good quality 1/4 inch box wrench or the special seadoo tool to pull one of the bolts on the blower

if you plan on doing it yourself, we can walk you right thru it.

for a newbie, plan on about 2 hours to remove and 1.5 to reinstall

2. +1 by:

Hey Jerry, been viewing the site for years and finally got around to signing up.

I have a 2005 RXT and looking for get the supercharger rebuilt. I purchased it with 115 hours and now has about 135 hours. The original owner stated they had the supercharger rebuilt but had no paperwork on it being done.

They provided me with a jug of oil Castrol Actevo 4T 10w-40 Part Synthetic Motorcycle oil, said they have used this twice with no issues.

The ski still does about 67-68 but it does seems like its slips (as it pegs 8000rpms and ski slowly gets up to speed) When I took the hose off any tried to turn by hand I can only turn it maybe 1/2 inch does seem tight.

I would like to send in the supercharger to you, would you be able to send me the replaced parts back to me?

Also I want to change the oil should I change it before I pull the SC to send to you or should I wait, reinstall rebuild SC and then change oil?

Thanks!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    you always get the replaced parts back unless you ask for them not to be.

you don't want to use synthetic oil of any type on a seadoo with a supercharger

there are some exceptions(amsoil), but play it safe, use what I do, castrol GTX 10/40 never a problem.

given that you have syn oil in there now do a full oil change and filter before removing the blower

use the drowned engine procedure to remove that last 1/2 quart

synthetic oils have friction modifiers that cause the seadoo clutches to slip

the old shaft and gear make a good paperweight and a conversation piece

people will be amazed when you tell them that little bit of stuff is over $300

welcome aboard GH, you can find plenty of specific info on the oil issue on the forum, try out the search feature

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider210 View Post
    Hey Jerry, been viewing the site for years and finally got around to signing up.

I have a 2005 RXT and looking for get the supercharger rebuilt. I purchased it with 115 hours and now has about 135 hours. The original owner stated they had the supercharger rebuilt but had no paperwork on it being done.

They provided me with a jug of oil Castrol Actevo 4T 10w-40 Part Synthetic Motorcycle oil, said they have used this twice with no issues.

The ski still does about 67-68 but it does seems like its slips (as it pegs 8000rpms and ski slowly gets up to speed) When I took the hose off any tried to turn by hand I can only turn it maybe 1/2 inch does seem tight.

I would like to send in the supercharger to you, would you be able to send me the replaced parts back to me?

Also I want to change the oil should I change it before I pull the SC to send to you or should I wait, reinstall rebuild SC and then change oil?

Thanks!
    Hi There, glad you finally joined up.
    yes it's best to get it rebuilt asap. If it still has the ceramic clutch washers and they fail you have big problems.
    The motorcyle oil is just fine as long as it's JASO certified.
    You can change the oil before you rebuild the supercharger, or after. It doesn't really matter. Here's the link to order the rebuild kit in my store.
    https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=5170

I always send the old parts back with the supercharger.

Thank you for your business!
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    yes it's best to get it rebuilt asap. If it still has the ceramic clutch washers and they fail you have big problems.
    You can change the oil before you rebuild the supercharger, or after. It doesn't really matter. Here's the link to order the rebuild kit in my store.

Jerry
    Thanks Jerry I will pull out hopefully by this weekend and get it sent to you!

Supercharger rebuild

Jerry

Jerry new member here I have a couple questions. I recently bought a 2004 Seadoo GTX Limited with under 50 hrs. The previous owner was not sure if the owner before him had done any service to the supercharger as far as replacing the ceramic clutch washers with the updated washers. I was looking at your service and wanted to send this charger to you for rebuild. After removing the supercharger it looks to me as if this may already have updated metal washers but I'm not also I'm noticing a lot of corrosion on the inside of this supercharger is it still good should I be worried about this? Here are some pics,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191007_132529.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	454750Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191007_132917.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	454749Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191007_132459.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	454751Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191007_132736.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	454752Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191007_132711.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	454753

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Meyers View Post
    Jerry new member here I have a couple questions. I recently bought a 2004 Seadoo GTX Limited with under 50 hrs. The previous owner was not sure if the owner before him had done any service to the supercharger as far as replacing the ceramic clutch washers with the updated washers. I was looking at your service and wanted to send this charger to you for rebuild. After removing the supercharger it looks to me as if this may already have updated metal washers but I'm not also I'm noticing a lot of corrosion on the inside of this supercharger is it still good should I be worried about this? Here are some pics,

Welcome to the forum!
    That supercharger has never been rebuilt and still has the ceramic washers. That isn't corrosion, but oily sludge of which I will clean during the rebuild process.

Jerry

Welcome to the forum!
    That supercharger has never been rebuilt and still has the ceramic washers. That isn't corrosion, but oily sludge of which I will clean during the rebuild process.

Jerry
    Thank you for the quick response, I will be sending the charger in for rebuild

10. +1 by:

+1
    i have a X charger that has 40 Hrs on it... I will be adding a 137+4 wheel , does it need to be rebuilt since im adding a wheel / and will the wheel cause it to not last the 200 HRS or even 100 HRS ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by overboost View Post
    i have a X charger that has 40 Hrs on it... I will be adding a 137+4 wheel , does it need to be rebuilt since im adding a wheel / and will the wheel cause it to not last the 200 HRS or even 100 HRS ?
    It doesn't need to be rebuilt unless its 2 or more years old. If it is, then it will need new bearings.

The supercharger will easily last 100 hours with the ET 137 + 4

OEM replacement bearing set for Sea Doo supercharger

These are the latest OEM Sea Doo bearings for the Sea Doo supercharger shaft. This kit contains both bearings.
    2 x 420832710 $53.95

Engine Tech 137 +4 / RIVA Sea Doo 255/260 XX-2 Charger

Our new XX2-Charger delivers 15 psi of boost pressure at 8,500rpm producing arm wrenching acceleration and increased top speed. High performance...
    RS17080-SCI-XX2 $649.95

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687

Thread Information