Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 337381828384 LastLast
    Jerry - your service was amazing - thank you!!

I was so proud to have removed and re-installed the superchargers myself but I'm afraid I did something wrong and my kids are upset at me because neither seadoo works well right now. I'm hoping this has happened to somebody else so they can chime in.

I have a 2006 RXP and a 2007 GTX. Both seadoos started right up but were a little flaky right away - sputtering and chocking. The GTX eventually stalled and started back up only to stall again within a few seconds. I got a tow back to the trailer and tried the RXP. That one actually ran great initially but then started sputtering as well. I made it to my cottage but barely and it had no power at all at the end - it was about to stall too.

I will say the only part I was worried about on both sleds is the exhaust was very hard to reconnect using that c-clamp. I struggled a lot and eventually decided it was good enough because it wouldn't come off even though it seemed a bit loose to me. Any chance that can be related?

These are both brand new to me - bought them from a friend who only had 50 hours on each. He ran them just fix weeks ago so I can't imagine the problem is bad gas or bad spark plugs.

Darn - just when I was so proud of myself. If anybody has any advice please let me know - I really want to take the kids out this weekend. Thank you in advance!

Jerry,
    I saw in a previous post that you recommend an SRX 15/20R impeller when adding the ET-127 kit. Would this be the proper model number for the 2007 RXP 215 ? :

SRX-CD-15/20R

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mbartels View Post
    Jerry - your service was amazing - thank you!!

I was so proud to have removed and re-installed the superchargers myself but I'm afraid I did something wrong and my kids are upset at me because neither seadoo works well right now. I'm hoping this has happened to somebody else so they can chime in.

I have a 2006 RXP and a 2007 GTX. Both seadoos started right up but were a little flaky right away - sputtering and chocking. The GTX eventually stalled and started back up only to stall again within a few seconds. I got a tow back to the trailer and tried the RXP. That one actually ran great initially but then started sputtering as well. I made it to my cottage but barely and it had no power at all at the end - it was about to stall too.

I will say the only part I was worried about on both sleds is the exhaust was very hard to reconnect using that c-clamp. I struggled a lot and eventually decided it was good enough because it wouldn't come off even though it seemed a bit loose to me. Any chance that can be related?

These are both brand new to me - bought them from a friend who only had 50 hours on each. He ran them just fix weeks ago so I can't imagine the problem is bad gas or bad spark plugs.

Darn - just when I was so proud of myself. If anybody has any advice please let me know - I really want to take the kids out this weekend. Thank you in advance!
    If you never ran them then they very well could have bad gas or spark plugs. Sometimes the most simple thing is the problem. Look over everything you installed and if all looks good. Get new plugs from oreally's and start again.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtd11126 View Post
    Jerry,
    I saw in a previous post that you recommend an SRX 15/20R impeller when adding the ET-127 kit. Would this be the proper model number for the 2007 RXP 215 ? :

SRX-CD-15/20R

yes sir, this is the one you need

RIVA/Solas Sea-Doo SRX-CD-15/20R Impeller for 2008 and older

Solas Concord Impellers increase low-end thrust and top-end speed. Constructed of high strength stainless steel, Solas Impellers feature a polished...
    SRX-CD-15/20R $329.95

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mbartels View Post
    I will say the only part I was worried about on both sleds is the exhaust was very hard to reconnect using that c-clamp. I struggled a lot and eventually decided it was good enough because it wouldn't come off even though it seemed a bit loose to me.
    If the exhaust is not connected properly it will leak gasses in the engine bay and the engine will starve due lack of air. Run it with the seat off you will see quick enough if so.

New guy here.. Been lurking for a while (mainly on this thread) and just pulled the trigger. What a great community and wealth of good information.

I bought an 06 RXP with 135 hrs from the original owner in July. Put another 15 hours on it with no issues (very lucky in retrospect). Went ahead and ordered an SC rebuild with ET-127 upgrade plus 42# injectors - shipped my stock SC to Jerry yesterday. All the info and how-to's have been very helpful.

Curious if anyone else has done the ET-127 upgrade while still running the stock impeller. How does that perform?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scram75 View Post
    New guy here.. Been lurking for a while (mainly on this thread) and just pulled the trigger. What a great community and wealth of good information.

I bought an 06 RXP with 135 hrs from the original owner in July. Put another 15 hours on it with no issues (very lucky in retrospect). Went ahead and ordered an SC rebuild with ET-127 upgrade plus 42# injectors - shipped my stock SC to Jerry yesterday. All the info and how-to's have been very helpful.

Curious if anyone else has done the ET-127 upgrade while still running the stock impeller. How does that perform?
    welcome to the forum and thanks very much for your order! An RXP running an ET127 upgrade will be all over the rev limiter with the stock impeller. You will want to upgrade to the Solas 15/20R impeller. If you are still running the stock plastic wear ring you will want to replace it with either a new one, or upgrade to the Riva stainless steel wear ring. I highly recommend upgrading to the stainless steel

A how to on how to replace your impeller and wear ring can be found by clicking here

RIVA/Solas Sea-Doo SRX-CD-15/20R Impeller for 2008 and older

Solas Concord Impellers increase low-end thrust and top-end speed. Constructed of high strength stainless steel, Solas Impellers feature a polished...
    SRX-CD-15/20R $329.95

RIVA Stainless Steel Wear Ring for 215/255/260 HP Sea Doo Skis

100% stainless steel wear rings/impeller liners are the perfect replacement for your damaged original unit. Replaces original plastic unit on RXP,...
    RS33-159-SRX $189.95

Original Sea Doo Wear Ring for 215/255/260 HP Skis

Genuine Sea Doo replacement wear ring for 215/255/260 HP Sea Doo personal watercraft and sport boats.
    267000372 $69.95

Short Impeller Removal Tool for 215, 255, 260, 300 HP Skis

Fits OE and aftermarket Solas and Skat impellers for RXP, RXP-X, RXT, RXT-X and GTX LTD (215 HP units)
    WR012 $16.95

Thanks Jerry, looks like I'll be placing another order in the near future..

9. +1 by:

+1
    My supercharger is on its way!

11. +1 by:

+1
    My rebuild supercharger just arrived and looks great and with an amazing turnaround! Thank you!

As it is time for the install I do have one question, the rynopowersports removal/installation instructions talk about adding washers between the supercharger and the pto housing which seems weird. I assume these are not needed and the service manual says nothing about them. Anyone know why ryno included them in their instructions?

https://www.rynopowersports.com/uplo...owersports.pdf

Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 337381828384 LastLast

Thread Information