Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    +1
    if your a fresh water user, there is very little to do on a weekly or weekend ride schedule. check oil is important, when done riding, trailer it, bring it home, put on hose and run 3-4 mins, blow out water box, clean out any water in hull ( i use a modified shop vac) and prop the seat up an inch for ventilation, later that day or next day close it and your done. that is on a regular riding schedule.. of course the oil, filter, plugs, silicone interior spray, fuel stabilizer, etc... needs attention, but not every ride or every week...im assuming you ride it at least once a week on that statement above.

you can check out my signatuire for a link to mainteance. be sure to change oil/filter and the other stuff per the required time frame, or as I suggest much more often then teh manual.

+1
    [QUOTE=Bulldogs101;1616531]if your a fresh water user, there is very little to do on a weekly or weekend ride schedule. check oil is important, when done riding, trailer it, bring it home, put on hose and run 3-4 mins, blow out water box, clean out any water in hull ( i use a modified shop vac) and prop the seat up an inch for ventilation, later that day or next day close it and your done. that is on a regular riding schedule.. of course the oil, filter, plugs, silicone interior spray, fuel stabilizer, etc... needs attention, but not every ride or every week...im assuming you ride it at least once a week on that statement above.

I don't think he is a fresh water rider, because he said next ride to the beach and when you ride in saltwater the tables are turned. Keeping rust away is a pain in the ass. I spend atleast 2 hours on my ski every week trying to keep it brand new ( u don't have to but I'm just a clean freak and hate rust. Lol )

+1
    ok i missed that part. yes salt water is a whole new animal for cleaning and stuff.... more attention required for sure. im spoiled with the lakes and cleaner colorado river waters....lol

+1
    ok i missed that part. yes salt water is a whole new animal for cleaning and stuff.... more attention required for sure. im spoiled with the lakes and cleaner colorado river waters....lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs101 View Post
    check oil is important, when done riding, trailer it, bring it home, put on hose and run 3-4 mins, blow out water box,

How do you blow out the water box?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey R. View Post
    How do you blow out the water box?
    Run the ski dry for ~15 seconds at a time and blip the throttle up to 3k a few times. Wait an hour between running the ski do it doesnt overheat.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Run the ski dry for ~15 seconds at a time and blip the throttle up to 3k a few times. Wait an hour between running the ski do it doesnt overheat.
    +1...but I stay at 7-8 secs and like you mentioned a few blips about 3k- 4k on the rpms..no more...GREAT IDEA WITH VIDS...hope to see more knowlegable people contribute...but setting up a vid cam as opposed to photos can be tough...GL

Good thread.

Im new with runabouts and I got exactaly a FZR.

I was familiar with Super jets since 1995 and even running in salt water I never had problems related to this but yesterday after my first ride I was worried how hard is to clean up the FZR.

Hull compartment is too tight and U can't trow fresh water as U do on 2 stroke engines (just covering air filters).

It was my first run and I was upset how the supercharger got rusted by salt water.

I will try to get all this stuff and try to keep it clean as much as possible.

Also I perceived that the bilge system isn't able to take out the whole water...it always has some water inside because there's a ramp that doesn't permit the water to go out.

Good videos guys.

Are the videos gone? Honestly, it will be hard for me to do to mUch of the maintenance. We had planned to leave it in the water, only lifting it up onto the boat when you go on trips.

Still, it's worth a look.

Use a garden vac in reverse and give your ski a good blow dry, i find this stops a lot of rust from the water that sits in your bolt heads etc and keeps the ski looking like new, do this before giving it a spray with a silicon spray. Just a little tip someone might use

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information