Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    the yellow tygon is GARBAGE it's to soft and when it gets warm under the seat the stuff starts to collaspe "SP"
    I think its far from garbage but I can see where it may not be that great in certain applications

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ujustlost View Post
    I think its far from garbage but I can see where it may not be that great in certain applications
    Yep Great hose but not for a PWC use so garbage is alittle strong

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ujustlost View Post
    what he said was that you cant trust the colored fuel lines and that's not the case, I have these lines on all my ski's as does the rest of my family and never had any problem other than the color fading a bit after a couple years. It does appear that they have come across some bad lines and service now ...

...its safe to say that a huge majority of the lines that are out there from this company is just fine, just don't buy anything new and it doesn't really matter because if you do it sounds like you wont actually get the line anyways.

I personally hate those black lines, in the past I bought from the fuellines.biz place like everyone else, but now I just buy the clear stuff from the local hardware store, or the yellow Tygon stuff but its pricey....
    My understanding is that the colored fuel line product from fuellines.biz was just fine, but that product is no longer available.

The product now available and sold by Fastflow is different and apparently of inferior quality.

Fuel lines purchased through Fuellines.biz in the past is different from Fastflowfuellines, which means your good experiences with two year old fuel lines doesn't say anything about the quality of the Fastflowfuellines stuff.

As you say, the old colored fuel lines seem to be good product, but the new stuff is not.

Even though Fastflowfuellines may no longer be shipping much product, the same colored fuel lines are liable to show up from other sources. We need to beware of all 'new' colored fuel line until someone finds a product source that is actually good enough.

If someone has a source for Marine grade fuel line at reasonable prices, let us know.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    My understanding is that the colored fuel line product from fuellines.biz was just fine, but that product is no longer available.

The product now available and sold by Fastflow is different and apparently of inferior quality.

Fuel lines purchased through Fuellines.biz in the past is different from Fastflowfuellines, which means your good experiences with two year old fuel lines doesn't say anything about the quality of the Fastflowfuellines stuff.

As you say, the old colored fuel lines seem to be good product, but the new stuff is not.

Even though Fastflowfuellines may no longer be shipping much product, the same colored fuel lines are liable to show up from other sources. We need to beware of all 'new' colored fuel line until someone finds a product source that is actually good enough.

If someone has a source for Marine grade fuel line at reasonable prices, let us know.
    o ok i see what your saying now..... yeah buyer be aware for sure they have issues now

+1
    I received an email today from Dave. All is well and product is ready to ship. I asked him to check out the threads on both sites and defend if the claims are untrue. I guess if they are, we won't see any reply. I hate to see small business go under, but I am giving him the benifit of the doubt at this point.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    As far as I know, and I use to run my own Marine repair biz back in the 80's is that by law you do not have to keep or replace with marine rated hose in any watercraft. The orignial manufactures of watercraft have to from the factory by law. Marine rated IS the best for a reason. But to each his own. (Disclaimer: applies to USA and may not in other countrys)

+1
    Coast guard regs in the US say:

If a hose is used in the fuel line running between the fuel pump and the carburetor, the hose must be "USCG Type A1" and so labeled as required by 183.540.

Heres for the vent lines and tank lines:

FEDERAL LAW

183.558 - Hoses and connections

(b) Each hose used -

(1) For a vent line or fill line must be:

(i) "USCG Type A1" or "USCG Type A2"; or
    (ii) "USCG Type B1" or "USCG Type B2" if no more than five ounces of fuel is discharged in 2-1/2 minutes when:

(A) The hose is severed at the point where maximum drainage of fuel would occur,
    (B) The boat is in its static floating position, and
    (C) The fuel system is filled to the capacity marked on the tank label under Sec. 183.514(b)(3).

(2) From the fuel tank to the fuel inlet connection on the engine must be:

(i) "USCG Type A1"; or
    (ii) "USCG Type B1" if no more than five ounces of fuel is discharged in 2-1/2 minutes when:

(A) The hose is severed at the point where maximum drainage of fuel would occur,
    (B) The boat is in its static floating position, and
    (C) The fuel system is filled to the capacity marked on the tank label under Sec. 183.514(b)(3).

"USCG Type A" hose may be used for all hose portions, regardless of whether the installation proves that "USCG Type B" hose is acceptable. If "USCG Type A" hose is used, there is no need to test for five ounces of fuel leakage in 2-1/2 minutes.

This applies to boats, not jetskis... But I followed the info here. matter of fact, I did on my slt. all the hoses are Rated "type A1". Not sure on the Pro785's Red and Blue fuel lines.

+1
    I just bought a box of 1/4" POLARIS brand fuel line. It's actually made by Dayco for them and is rated SAE J1527 USCG TYPE B1. It's black rubber with an extra thick wall it says on the box.

I'd sell it for $1 a foot plus whatever shipping would be to you.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00470.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	217992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00472.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	217993
    Last edited by K447; 04-16-2011 at 08:47 AM.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTXC View Post
    I just bought a box of 1/4" POLARIS brand fuel line. It's actually made by Dayco for them and is rated SAE J1527 USCG TYPE B1. It's black rubber with an extra thick wall it says on the box.

I'd sell it for $1 a foot plus whatever shipping would be to you.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00470.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	217992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00472.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	217993
    How much is in the box?

I may be interested

PM me with a price.

How much is in the box?

I may be interested

PM me with a price.
    X2

Where did you get the whole box? How many feet are in it?

With 8 skis I could burn through quite a bit pretty quickly!

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information