Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
    AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I bought one, never had the problem had it on the ski since 7hr, but I heeded the warning from this thread that made me buy one, I was pitched once from a Vx plate in the ocean, but never had the problem of this thread.

I want to thank everyone who did post up what happened, and the people who came up with the fix, keeps me going to work everyday enjoying life

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha FZS'er View Post
    Not changing anything as it gives Yamaha an "out". Almost 40 hours with people of all ages and water conditions and speeds towing tubers, skiers and one boat. My kids and half the high school have been on this thing at the lake riding it like kids ride. My wife rides it. My ten-year-old has driven it "around-the-block".

I am actively building my own data from dealerships and am now in contact with almost 50 other owners (47) of FZR/FZS/FX SHO skis.

NOT a single report in a few thousand hours of total riding outside this forum. All the skis are stock except 3 so I did not count them. (The 3 had intake grates/ impeller changes as a result of damage but had no bucking issues either)

I really don't have anything else to say about this. I am satisfied with the design, performance and safety of the stock ski through my own experience and research that has actually taken me quite a bit of time. Good Luck everyone.
    Dude...please shut up. We don't care about your personal quest for the bucking problem..it is what it is. Good Lord have mercy...just shut up already. There IS a problem, it WAS addressed by Yamaha and that is the end of it.

3. +1 by:

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    ^^^^^^Amen!!!^^^^^^^

+1
    ha ha Awesome. Just what I expected. Good luck kids!

Bucking off a ski at that speed on smooth water -- wtf

Quote Originally Posted by jefros View Post
    YoYamma- I agree with you about making any ski buck but I also know from your previous posts and your extensive compilation of threads regarding Fz bucking issues, that you cant ignore that something is going on with this particular ski. You do not see "sticky's" for other ski's bucking on the other forums. I truly wish that I could go ahead and put a R&D intake on my ski and call it a day. But I cant. I am afraid. For those people that have never had it happen, you can not understand. Every time I heard about some idiot being bucked, I thought it was rider error. Its not! I was riding on smooth water one moment and then the next my life was irrevocably altered. At that time, everyone said the riva grate would prevent it. In my case, it did not. The R&D may be better but I'm not sure I can take that chance. I really wish someone could figure out why this is happening so maybe no one else will get hurt. Until then I am stuck with a ski that I wont ride and one that I dont feel comfortable selling to someone else because of the possibility that they could get hurt. It kinda sucks.

I AGREE ---- I was going to purchase a 2010 FZR -- But having a ski act like that on smooth water is UNACCEPTABLE.....It is a big risk... For those who ride in Heavy surf at high speed...you need to no at ALL TIMES..how your ski is going to perform... I have A RXP that handles to precision as far as predictability and cutting waves...I feel pretty safe in extreme conditions and speed.......SMOOTH WATER should be a No brainer...IMO

.....So much for my new FZR.....

A wave came out of nowhere....hate when that happens.....especially when I am napping...lol .....

Quote Originally Posted by enigma3778 View Post
    I was very interested to see this post because I had my butt tossed while going about 70 on my 2009 FZS on smooth water this summer. I had figured I just hit a wave unexpectedly, but this bucking/overstuffing issue could be what caused it. Luckily, other than a bruised ego and a long swim back to my ski, I didn't get hurt, but it certainly changed my riding style for the remainder of the season.

My jet ski was stock configuration when this happened. I am currently getting it fitted to Riva Stage III+ this winter and am considering some modifications to my 2010 SHO. Are there any particular intake/pump/ride plate modifications that could decrease the chances of this happening again?

I can see your post is in concern for safety. How are others suppose to provide proof other than their hospital bills ? Videos of what ?????? I understand inexperience riders can be thrown from their ski, I was also, when I first owned one. Why would you take the time to collect all this data, or whom are you suppose to be representing ? Someone injured on a ski on smooth water should just NOT happen, experience or inexperienced. There sounds like their is issue here with this ski...IMO

+1
    Old thread but the same thing.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=119987

I was bucked 3 times and just put it down to my to my ability. From memory I was bucked at 1.1hrs, 18hrs and 36hrs. The third was with the misses. She then understood my need for an intake grate but could not understand why I spent $20k plus on a ski and needed to spend more. I was sitting on the fence 35 hours to long. I see the new 2014 models as a big step forward but a step that should have been take by Yamaha in the beginning.

Yamaha FZS'er pull your head in. Whats next, air bag are a waste of air. If it has not happened you your a lucky guy. Be sure to report back when I does happen and don't spear any details. Hope you and your family only see stars like I did. All the best

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by db2540 View Post
    Old thread but the same thing.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=119987

I was bucked 3 times and just put it down to my to my ability. From memory I was bucked at 1.1hrs, 18hrs and 36hrs. The third was with the misses. She then understood my need for an intake grate but could not understand why I spent $20k plus on a ski and needed to spend more. I was sitting on the fence 35 hours to long. I see the new 2014 models as a big step forward but a step that should have been take by Yamaha in the beginning.

Yamaha FZS'er pull your head in. Whats next, air bag are a waste of air. If it has not happened you your a lucky guy. Be sure to report back when I does happen and don't spear any details. Hope you and your family only see stars like I did. All the best
    Australians.......always yapping on without paying attention. Yes. It has NOT happened to me nor any of the 47 people I contacted that own SHO models totalling thousands of hours of riding. It does not mean it never happened. I was trying to separate the wheat from the chaff mate.

I am satisfied as to the safety of my family on this machine as it is or I would change it for sure. Finally, the 2014 is a totally different ski and I will be picking one up shortly (FZR) but would not say that whatever they changed on the 2014's is because the 2013's and older were dangerous. The new ones will have their share of problems as well. I have a fighter pilot friend who told me "never fly the "A"-Model of anything--they are nothing but trouble". ha ha I did buy a 2014 Yamaha though as i need another ski at the lake-- so we will see.
    Last edited by Yamaha FZS'er; 09-12-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread Information