Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    yes there where gains all over, right now your missing out on free boost, remember this is a boosted motor the more rpm's you turn the more boost your charger produces = more speed
    What is the difference between the stock prop turning 7700 and the solas prop turning 7700?

If I decided to do a reflash, could I still use the solas prop and have it repitched? No more mods for sure after that.

My mods are...RIVA sponsons, RD intake grate (aquavain), Modified(Jim's) VX Ride plate, Riva power filter Kit, RIVA manifold update, RIVA exhuaust free flow,pump seal kit. RD 13/25 impeller, RD C3-11 monster wheel, RD powershot with R2 Reflash..ECU Reflash, RD Intercooler Kitt. RD Performance Blow valve.. I just want to know if the RPM measure by my FZS tachometer are relievable... I can not get more than 8000 RPM...but my speed is 82 m/h

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sdman View Post
    What is the difference between the stock prop turning 7700 and the solas prop turning 7700?

If I decided to do a reflash, could I still use the solas prop and have it repitched? No more mods for sure after that.
    the solas is about 1 -1.5 faster than the stock prop @ the same rpm. yes you can use the solas prop repitched if you do the reflash

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pituco View Post
    My mods are...RIVA sponsons, RD intake grate (aquavain), Modified(Jim's) VX Ride plate, Riva power filter Kit, RIVA manifold update, RIVA exhuaust free flow,pump seal kit. RD 13/25 impeller, RD C3-11 monster wheel, RD powershot with R2 Reflash..ECU Reflash, RD Intercooler Kitt. RD Performance Blow valve.. I just want to know if the RPM measure by my FZS tachometer are relievable... I can not get more than 8000 RPM...but my speed is 82 m/h
    I would suspect that your RPM's are more like 8450 - 8550 if you are hitting a GPS'd 82 mph. A Pet tach would be nice to have to know for sure.

+1
    the solas is about 1 -1.5 faster than the stock prop @ the same rpm. yes you can use the solas prop repitched if you do the reflash
    Even on these new skis? Does this same principal still hold true? If so, that may be what I need to try and break 80 on the stock boost wheel. Well that and some damn cooler weather. lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Even on these new skis? Does this same principal still hold true? If so, that may be what I need to try and break 80 on the stock boost wheel. Well that and some damn cooler weather. lol
    yes and yes the dyna is faster on top, but i like it to a certain point once you start making alot more power it just cavitates out the hole even if pitching up the leading edge.

+1
    yes and yes the dyna is faster on top, but i like it to a certain point once you start making alot more power it just cavitates out the hole even if pitching up the leading edge.
    I was having the same cavitation out of the hole until I roughed up the shiny finish on the solas. My personal "race" finish I learned from Bo Dupriest and the cavitation went away. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by pituco View Post
    Are the RPM given by the jetski correct?...mine don't go over 8000 and i heve all those mods
    +1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by maxadrenaline View Post
    I was having the same cavitation out of the hole until I roughed up the shiny finish on the solas. My personal "race" finish I learned from Bo Dupriest and the cavitation went away. Just a thought.
    interesting, sounds like ill be sanding down my prop tomorrow, lol. how did you do it bead blast it?

+1
    interesting, sounds like ill be sanding down my prop tomorrow, lol. how did you do it bead blast it?
    +1 Chuck.

No secrets!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information