Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    +1
    +1,000,000

Keep driving home this point Tommy. Everyone will be happier with their setups if they keep their target RPM in mind AT ALL TIMES. If you realize you are down on RPM one day, then you don't have to be bummed that your speed is not there. When you get the RPMs back on target, the speed will come.

Quote Originally Posted by pituco View Post
    Are the RPM given by the jetski correct?...mine don't go over 8000 and i heve all those mods
    All what mods? You need to be really specific. As in every single mods even down to nozzle size at it ALL effects RPM. It helps if you keep your mods in your signature and up to date. That way you don't have to post it all the time and people can answer your questions easier.

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    I have said this 100 times! Guys If you are moding your SHO. FZR,FZS if you do NOT get your Target rpm's correct you will never be happy with your results! If you have a OEM ignition box unmodified your target rpm's should be 7700-7750. If you have a R1, R2, Vipec ,Motec then 8350-8450 is where you want to be. If you have a full built motor valves, springs, rod, pistons cam's ect. then you can even go higher if you want to. Anything less than these target rpm's will result in less than otimum performance. The correct PROP pitch is a must! This is regardless of what mods you have on your ski. Tommy Jordan
    Help me understand this. My fxr has the stage one mods with vx rideplate. The max rpms were 7760 to 7790. After putting on the 13/22r the rpms dropped to 7550 to 7590 with maybe 1mph top end (maybe) and slower acceleration up to 55mph. Is it better to leave the stock prop on since it is in the target range? I've never heard any type of popping sound that is associated with bouncing off the limiter. Thanks for your help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sdman View Post
    Help me understand this. My fxr has the stage one mods with vx rideplate. The max rpms were 7760 to 7790. After putting on the 13/22r the rpms dropped to 7550 to 7590 with maybe 1mph top end (maybe) and slower acceleration up to 55mph. Is it better to leave the stock prop on since it is in the target range? I've never heard any type of popping sound that is associated with bouncing off the limiter. Thanks for your help.

i had the same issue on my fzr with stage one mods, the 13/22 dynafly made the ski cavitate on holeshot and dropped the rpm's to 7500 wich made the ski sluggish, i repitched the prop to 14/20 the larger leading edge (14) eliminated the cavitation and the smaller trailing edge (20) brought my rpm's back up to 7700
    its spot on now..

hope this helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    i had the same issue on my fzr with stage one mods, the 13/22 dynafly made the ski cavitate on holeshot and dropped the rpm's to 7500 wich made the ski sluggish, i repitched the prop to 14/20 the larger leading edge (14) eliminated the cavitation and the smaller trailing edge (20) brought my rpm's back up to 7700
    its spot on now..

hope this helps you.
    Thanks for resoponding. Did you notice any gain in top speed or acceleration?

Thanks again.

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1

Thanks again.
    Tommy's post is spot on and I'll add that for every 100rpms you increase or decrease, especially over 7K when the motor is making boost, you gain or lose 1mph. I'm almost complete with my testing, but I have lots of testing that shows 1pmh for every 100rpms I gain. So, to emphasize what Tommy J is saying here, the higher your RPMs, the more speed you will see and the better the performance of the boat. Hitman's boat probably would only run 71-72mph if he was only turning 7700rpms. He's making the speed because he's turning the RPMs. Adding bigger power mods like SC wheels and IC only increases the effect of turning higher RPMs and hence more MPH.

I picked up 350rpms and 3.5mph just by depitching the trailing edge by 1 degree!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by poof100 View Post
    I picked up 350rpms and 3.5mph just by depitching the trailing edge by 1 degree!!

+1

Thanks again.

yes there where gains all over, right now your missing out on free boost, remember this is a boosted motor the more rpm's you turn the more boost your charger produces = more speed

+1
    i agree more rpm's means more speed. i had the dyna fly prop also and found it had cavitation. changed to the skat 13/23 no cavitation at all even in the rough from idle. rpm's 7700.

Hi,
    I'm currently hitting the rev limiter really hard.
    My mods are on my signature and I'm still on stock prop.
    I'm about to install a skat 13/22 to try to be off the rev limiter.
    But I still haven't figured out (after reading many threads) whether the 13/22 would be OK or if a 13/23 would be better? (there no one here to repitch props)
    MY goal is of course to be off the rev limiter, reduce cavitation, have a strong holeshot and acceleration (top speed is only a plus, as I'll be fine within the 72/74 mph range).
    Thanks

+1
    i would go 13/23 with your set up. possibly even 13/24,

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information