Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    +1
    Sounds like ill be the lown seepoo rider taking on all the yamahogs. Bill with you and spud both wrenching on the gpr I am sure I will see you at the wash!

+1
    Spud is GPRZONE the local parts outlet you need it Spud got it. The Man is truly generous. I am getting some much needed parts from him. I will have to restock his shelves though. Maybe put a few extra goodies in them. See ya Saturday Joe.

+1
    Well just got home from Senator's. It was beautiful early this morning then the wind started blowing about 9:30 and never stopped. It was nice meeting Tim and Keith and seeing Joe and Bill.

Still no sticker for the ski. My best was 79.3 @7330 rpms 65°. I just got the buck out of it while the wind was picking up. The wind never let up and the temperature went to 90° so that was going to be it. I am going up a pitch on the impeller. I'll double check the one I have in before ordering a new one.

The ski has it in it and I keep getting closer. The next trip out may be the one. I am going to rebuild the carbs while I'm at it.

Tim has some nice GPR's once he gets the pump and impeller and possibly a skegged plate his 1390 will rock. Its a good solid ski now, soon to be a really fast So Cal GPR. The 1300 Tim picked up looked like it came out of a showroom. That was the buy of the year.

Joe's RXP keeps getting faster. We had some really good races in the chop. He edged the 1200 by the slightest. Those skis are close. I think the RXP is a shade faster.

Bill brought his SUV. Those are pretty cool. A party wagon family ski that looks like a lot of fun.

Keith brought two XL's that looked like they came straight off a showroom.

All in all we had a good time and made new friends. We are going to try to do it again in three weeks and that damn sticker better go on the ski then.
    Last edited by spud; 10-22-2006 at 02:26 AM.

Glad to hear your so close Spud.Joe is savvy as they come especially on GPR's and a blast to ride with.I really miss not seeing Joe,Brian,and Mark @ WF's You could probable cut a template out of a business card and add 1/8 of an inch to the last inch and a half of the trailing edge of your empellor,and be there.Tommy (2fast4you) had three gauges left also,well worth the money.Sounds like you just a Superman away Good luck!

+1
    Hi H20,

I'm going to buy another impeller 15/25. Then I'll have the 15/24 for warm weather if I need it, if not it will come in handy when the 2000 gets some more ponies stuffed into it. Joe is a good GPR wrench. He was giving me tips on carbs and other items.

The 2000 will be getting a major power upgrade in 2008. I want to give the 1500's time to get the bugs worked out then I'll make my move.

I do have a Wat Con impeller guage. I inspected the impeller when I got it and it is pitched 15/24

+1
    I had a great time it was good to meet Tim and Keith and Hang with all the guys. Tim and Keith both have nice skis. I am hoping we can do this again soon. I was talking to Spud and he was thinking around the 11th It works for me so check your calendars and Lets do it again.

+1
    I'm hoping I can have a shiny new 15/25 in the project ski by then. I shimmed the rear of the plate down to eliminate the buck that was the big change for the ski.

I tried to run without tabs and the stock untouched Jim's plate (package cut) and an unmodded 800 grate. At that time the wind had picked up slightly (about 6" of chop) the ski ran pretty good to about 65 at 75 it was so scary I cut the throttle and headed back to tuner's beach. I'll never try that again. If it has to be absolute glass to use I'm not interested.

I am going to recheck the pitch on my 14/24 tonight. It doesn't make sense spinning a 15/24 at 7330 and only going 79.3. I did check it with a Wat Con guage when I bought it. I looked at the invoice were it said 15/24 and checked it to that?????

I lent a 800 grate to OCGPR for his Group K and it got him 1 mph and didn't take much off his hole shot since it had the mod from the Riva board. I offered it to him for $100 and its his now. In our game at this point 1 mph for $100 is a bargain.

If any of you are wondering the rear of the wing has been shortened .75" This mod has been around for a long time and doesn't get too much attention. I Plan on modding the grates in both my skis when I get time.

+1
    Spud,Tim, Bill,Kieth I had a great time. Lots of fast skis at tuners beach this past saturday. Kieths xls look brand new and the big bore really runs good. Kieth rode so much he had blisters on his hands. Tims Big bore has lots of potential. I think given more time he could start to touch the 80 mph zone as well. Bill brought the Exxon Valdez to tuners beach and I think the best ride of the day was when we ran the entire shore line of the wash. Spuds 80 mph sticker will have to wait until next time and my goal of 76 mph is going to wait until next time as well. Spud, you and I both know with some extra pitch and a little filling and sanding your going to fly by 80 mph.There is no stopping you now. The one ski I am most impressed with is Jims little 1200 near stock gpr. My rxp and Jims 1200 gps exactly the same. I hit 74.7 with a full tank of fuel in the morning air. The wind kicked up big time so there were no more gps runs. We all ran through the chop several times @ wot . I think we are all a little sore today! Thanks guys for a great day of war stories skiing and tuning.

+1
    Joe,
    I am going to put a boom, rigging and winch on it and make it the official tow vehicle. I am working my friend to go next time so you SeaDoo guys won't feel so out numbered. I did like the Yamaha shirt though. You made ride a Doo but I think you still bleed Yami blue.

Keith's XLT was like new inside it is well maintained I would buy a ski he was selling any day of the week. I think I would have Tim work the deal though anybody that can score a 1300 that looked that good for under 2K is a genius.

The run around the lake was a blast!! we should bring a few bouys next time.
    setup a 1/8 and 1/4 mile marker or something along that line.

+1

Thumbs up

That would be cool to take some buoys and mark off 1/8th, 1/4 & 1/2. I need to read up on my Garmin 201's and see if when patched to a computer can give any of that info. An accelleration graph would be sweet.

Maybe Tim can talk The Pimp into comming next time.

As far as sore goes, I'm fine today. Last night when I got home after the long truck drive I could barely walk for the first minute then the old bones loosened up.

Lets plan on the 11th put it in your calenders gents. Anyone else is welcome too.

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information