Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    On the machining aspect of it, is the OD of the plastic pump liner larger than OD of the SS pump liner?

Banned User
    anyone? by the looks of the picture, the stainless ring comes out, but it doesnt look like much material has to come off after that, since it does not appear that any weld is added to the outside of the housing, looks like a pretty simple lathe job with that housing,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD View Post
    On the machining aspect of it, is the OD of the plastic pump liner larger than OD of the SS pump liner?
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by henn View Post
    anyone? by the looks of the picture, the stainless ring comes out, but it doesnt look like much material has to come off after that, since it does not appear that any weld is added to the outside of the housing, looks like a pretty simple lathe job with that housing,
    Yep pretty easy to do. I have found that after installing the liner, you go back and do cut for proper clearance they work perfect.

I have even used these for trial's on some 158mm impellers, cheap alternative for testing.

I will say for longevity I stick with the SST liners, expensive but much more robust and will get you home in an emergency. Skat makes the best replacement IMO

Ahh so some quick math will give me the number for what I need to have my friend mill out the impeller housing too.

Thickness of the SS ring - Thickness of the plastic ring = amount to be milled. Easy enough. Now any tips for removing the SS ring?

Oven 350* for 10-15 minutes sound good?

Another question I wanted to asked before the machining of the SS ring to accomodate the wear ring:

When you are doing the cut, are you adding in the clearance (.014-.01? From the looks of the pictures on the first page, it seems as though the impeller is cutting it's own groove.

Also, can someone give me the thickness of the wear ring. Carl @ Island racing is holding my parts (which includes the wear ring) until my special order Hydroturf comes in and I'd like to have this up and running next week.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information