Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So I'd be better off putting what I took off back on and trying to sell it "as is" instead of part by part. God knows I won't get hardly anything out of it, but at least I'll get more out of it than I am now.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    part that sucker out, but consider that a complete hood can get $350 if the paint is good. part it out if you have the space and time, but leave the engine complete..I was making reference to a box of engine parts. Saw one recently, engine had been torn down " a few years ago"..it was so far beyond repair I had to look up the book value in the Tony Soprano Used Ski Guide.

It was easy....he would have had to pay ME to take the ski..some of you may have found out that buying every ski that comes along cause the price is low results in you running a junkyard. Made an offer on the trailer only..he could take or leave the ski..it was up to him.

The Fuel injected skis just weren't made in big enough numbers to warrant the partout.

Me...if you gave it to me I'd keep it all cept the bulky low value stuff..like the hull, fuel and oil tanks.

If you like ebay..it's a chance to recover enough so you don't wince when you think about it.

jet and fuel pump, mpem and all the sensors are the high value stuff Hood and guages and of corse the seats..which can fetch a good buck if you got what somebody needs

You might luck out and find somebody who has an engine..be sure to sell it to them and not buy the engine yourself...

I think at this point, unless by some miracle I can fix it, I'm going to try and sell it "as is". We're moving here in a bit and I could really use the money to help with all that. I'm going to shoot for $1,000, but I have a feeling with this economy that I'll be really lucky to get that out of it.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    don't think it will command $1000, not unless the trailer is something special and so is the ski ( with the exception of the engine issue). RFI engines are pricey..so by parting out the jetpump, fuelpump, mpem, hood w/gugages and seats, you might get the grand after you sell the trailer and stipped hull for $500. Used engines are hard to come by and also command a premium price.

patience pays (if you have the room)

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    I think at this point, unless by some miracle I can fix it, I'm going to try and sell it "as is". We're moving here in a bit and I could really use the money to help with all that. I'm going to shoot for $1,000, but I have a feeling with this economy that I'll be really lucky to get that out of it.
    Where are you located? A tree fell on my GSX RFI. I have a good motor but need a new hull

He is located in the year 2010, this post is 10 years old, so I doubt he still has it

Quote Originally Posted by kpiering View Post
    Where are you located? A tree fell on my GSX RFI. I have a good motor but need a new hull

I have a 1999 gsx RFI hull in good shape located in Mobile Alabama if you are still Looking

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information