Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    still kicking ass and taking names! Pale Rider's Avatar
    +1
    where is Sam?

+1
    hibernating probably. come back !

toyterrific
    Sam,

Great thread. I've got a lot of work to do on my skis and your posts are a huge help.

Good luck in your new home search. I go down to Norman a lot in season. Would love to meet you and check out your ski first hand sometime.
    Thanks! It really is awesome knowing my posts are helping you out! I'll be living in Charlotte by May so we'll definitely have to meet up sometime and maybe you can show me around lake Norman one weekend; I'll bring the gps and we can do some tuning and get some numbers! The season is upon us!!

WATER WOODY
    Nice job!
    Thanks for the kind words woody!

RX951
    Keep up the good work
    Thanks! Your pump tunnel reinforcement template and thread were a big help

Pale Rider
    where is Sam?
    I'm here! and holy crap time flies, it's already peaking in the low 80's down here, time to whip the ski in shape and get some long awaited numbers!!!!

fivespeedsteed
    hibernating probably. come back !
    I'm here! just been slackin lately...but I'm back now, it's almost summa time!

This was a great thread to read!
    I am having problems with a friends GPR & we have been chasing a cavitation/slip on hard acceleration from idle(stopped). It just seems like the ski can't get traction for about 5-6 seconds & then it takes off. I have always suspected the prop shaft hose letting air in to the tunnel under acceleration. Is this a possibility?

We have done all of the pump seal kits & sealed everyhing up good with 4200. We also installed a New Solas impellor. Any tips would be very helpful.

Parts installed: Aftermarket Intake grate & Rideplate(I think R&D), Solas Impellor, Pump Seal kit & sealed with lots of 4200(done 3 times, ending with 4200), D-plate with sensor plug, Stepped sponsons, HoleShot kit. I may have missed something.

Moderated
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MattK1 View Post
    This was a great thread to read!
    I am having problems with a friends GPR & we have been chasing a cavitation/slip on hard acceleration from idle(stopped). It just seems like the ski can't get traction for about 5-6 seconds & then it takes off. I have always suspected the prop shaft hose letting air in to the tunnel under acceleration. Is this a possibility?

We have done all of the pump seal kits & sealed everyhing up good with 4200. We also installed a New Solas impellor. Any tips would be very helpful.

Parts installed: Aftermarket Intake grate & Rideplate(I think R&D), Solas Impellor, Pump Seal kit & sealed with lots of 4200(done 3 times, ending with 4200), D-plate with sensor plug, Stepped sponsons, HoleShot kit. I may have missed something.
    whats your clearance between your wear ring and prop look like?

I believe we measured it at .012 to .014. I don't remember exactly. The wear ring looked to be in great shape, no dings or scratches.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MattK1 View Post
    I believe we measured it at .012 to .014. I don't remember exactly. The wear ring looked to be in great shape, no dings or scratches.
    you can ask these questions in the forum and keep Sam`s build thread on target...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    you can ask these questions in the forum and keep Sam`s build thread on target...
    Thanks for helping to keep it clean Andy!

Not much of an update; but I will be tearing into the carbs this weekend to get them fully rebuilt. I'm gathering the components now to make myself a popoff tester.

I've already removed the tamper caps and chokes, I snapped a few pics while doing this I still need to post up.

I pretty much followed OsideBill's method for removing the tamper caps; check out his thread for some more detail- http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...s-on-GPR-carbs
    Big thanks to Bill for posting this up! Following this guide I got them all out in no time with no problems!

As for rebuilding the carbs, Fercho posted this link a while back thats pretty descriptive and has some great photo documentation; http://www.hydrotoys.com/gpr/tuners/...orAssembly.pdf

Also, I'm shopping around for a new set of bars, considering some black ProTaper SE's I'd like to go down to the powersports store and take my factory bars with me and size them against a few sets they have before buying anything. It's difficult to judge what a different size will feel like without really getting my hands on them you know? But if any of you guys have any recommendations or are particularly happy with the set you have I'm all ears!

+1
    No prob Buddy!
    Sam, you just missed a sale at MSS for the Pro taper SE... wow, check out the date of Fercho`s thread, 2003! damn!...
    I have used the Pro Taper Platinum`s, the Windham MX/Mid bend, was totally satisfied with that set up...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/

type Pro Taper SE in the MSS stores search box, looks like the sale is still going on @ 55.99 per bar... nice price...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    No prob Buddy!
    Sam, you just missed a sale at MSS for the Pro taper SE... wow, check out the date of Fercho`s thread, 2003! damn!...
    I have used the Pro Taper Platinum`s, the Windham MX/Mid bend, was totally satisfied with that set up...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/

type Pro Taper SE in the MSS stores search box, looks like the sale is still going on @ 55.99 per bar... nice price...
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll be ordering those today!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread Information