Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

hey thnx for the info my clutch just went out this weekend and now i have to change the dam thing .

Thanks for the info!

I recommend replacing these o-rings. The first time the dealer fixed my clutch under warranty and they did not replace these.... My hull was full of oil pouring out around where the o-rings go. Just a word of advise...its not like they cost anything...may save you a couple bucks but I would do just as Yamaha suggests.

-David

Quote Originally Posted by corkycat View Post
    reinstall all parts in reverse to the thread, remember to read the manual as this gives you torque settings, and remember to prime the oilpump prior to reinstalling. this is explained in the manual. the rubber 0 rings that yamaha say are needed to be replaced in my opinion do not, i purchased the 4 needed but have not replaced them, if they had been damaged then i would obviously replace but there really is no need, the oilpump gasget will need to be replaced as do the 4 seal washers for the oilline, these are just aluminium washers but have a card type gasget on each side to stop oil leaks. the whole job took roughly 5 hrs in total and on a scale of 1-10 i think this job is about a 4 i recon next time i could do the full job in less than 3 hrs

Quote Originally Posted by allstar71 View Post
    I recommend replacing these o-rings. The first time the dealer fixed my clutch under warranty and they did not replace these.... My hull was full of oil pouring out around where the o-rings go. Just a word of advise...its not like they cost anything...may save you a couple bucks but I would do just as Yamaha suggests.

-David

+1

fantastic thread mate.... i know who to call when i clock up 60hours as that seams to be the average life of these

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MR MAC View Post
    fantastic thread mate.... i know who to call when i clock up 60hours as that seams to be the average life of these
    I must ride mine harder as mine went out at 46 hours... But I ride her hard all the time.

are you guys jumping these skis causing off/on slipping and wear??????? or is it simply unhooking in the choppy water causing wear??

nice post corkycat!!!
    it will make life much easier once i need to do this.

thanks a lot

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    are you guys jumping these skis causing off/on slipping and wear??????? or is it simply unhooking in the choppy water causing wear??
    I live on a lake that's normally pretty smooth (not quite as smooth as the background in my avatar all the time). I do come un-hooked from time to time but I would not say a lot.

I am going to try to make my clutch last longer by practicing throttle control. I kind of like to stab the throttle and this is not good at all on the clutch.

Mine's just gone with 32hrs. Rev'd it up on the trailer like a right plonker. Own goal, but still annonying......

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information