Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The problem with Klotz and others is they take on water but it seems that Only causes a problem when storing or when not using for long periods of time. I used Klots in all my Big bore snowmobile motors but when I stored for the summer I fogged with regular oil. I have had good luck with Injex By phillips 66 too

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rizzo7883 View Post
    So "Nut" what type or brand oil do you use in your PWC's?
    Thanks RiZ
    Citgo Sea and Snow...I get it for about $15/gal. I've burned many cases over the last 5yrs...it's good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by chubby5258 View Post
    The problem with Klotz and others is they take on water but it seems that Only causes a problem when storing or when not using for long periods of time. I used Klots in all my Big bore snowmobile motors but when I stored for the summer I fogged with regular oil. I have had good luck with Injex By phillips 66 too
    I know some who use Injex...It's good stuff as well. I just don't like the smell.

+1
    Hey,, this past summer I used R-50 racing by klotz and when I checked the valves out on my Pro, they had a super thin coat of color on them and weren't bad at all. So far I like the way it is working.. I'll have to pay attention to the storage thing if not used for a few weeks to prevent any rusting on the webs. Great info, thanks,, I'll have to look for the sea and snow stuff around here. would that be ok for the Pro785 ? I dont cruise on it.lol

+1
    Good read.
    Hey Nut,
    Any real world input on the Ledgend Oil? I figure with all the sledding you and your buds do, someone you know must have tried it! lol...

http://legendperformance.com/article5.asp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dscn0081_2_1___27091.jpg 
Views:	802 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	225815  

+1
    Injex was always my favorite dino oil. Ran great, engines always looked like new, and actually seemed to treat exhaust valves fairly Back in the day, I actually switched from Klotz to Injex.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    Good read.
    Hey Nut,
    Any real world input on the Ledgend Oil? I figure with all the sledding you and your buds do, someone you know must have tried it! lol...
    Art,

I've actually met the owner of Legend a few times. He's a fellow Michigander. You should hear his sales pitch on it haha. It is good oil though...Ran clean and no smoke, and didn't smell like burning plastic. A few years back, there was quite a following with it. I even ran a few gallons through my sled, before I found the Citgo S&S, that I run now. I would have continued using it, but it was pricey, and harder for me to get if I ran out mid season.

+1
    As above, You can't find Legend anywhere without ordering it. and it is actually very rarely used/ almost unheard of in the sled industry.

With sleds, I like running any decent oil that is easy to find at any location. Stock OEM oils, or Amsoil are about the only choices if you go that route. I'm trying Amsoil interceptor for the first time, and if i dont like it, i'll likely end up going with Polaris semi-syn in the future. I LOVE Injex, but it's getting very hard for me to find, especially while on trips. Everywhere I go, I see almost all OEM oils, and Amsoil.

I do think you get better engine protection from dino oil, and think THEE only downfall is that you need to clean your valves more often. Which is not that big of deal, and also a great way to keep an eye on your pistons.

+1
    http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=19&pcid=16

Good stuff but it's hard to get and Expensive

hope my oil ticks some of the boxes. in the uk proformance 2 stroke oils. are not easly to get hold of, been using yamaha 2w in the genesis after rebuild, worried about rust as l leave under cover in open sided barn its dry though, did fog it and removed plugs skirted in plugs back.

ref of oil. Please note: This oil is NOT suitable for Outboard Motors

One of the most advanced 2 stroke semi synthetic oils formulated for conventional

2 stroke wave runners and personal watercraft.

Premium Semi-synthetic 2-stroke oil especially developed for 2-stroke

Yamaha personal watercraft engines.

Low-Ash engine oil – minimises plug fouling and pre-ignition, resulting in smooth engine operation
    Detergent/dispersant formulation offers superior cleanliness of engine components by minimising piston and ring deposits
    Good lubricity and anti-scuffing protection
    Good anticorrosion and antirust capability
    Reduced exhaust smoke production

still kicking ass and taking names! Pale Rider's Avatar
    +1
    check this out. Mystic Lubricants MSDS info reveals that citgo manufactures their oils and they look to be very very similar to Sea and snow...

http://www.mystiklubricants.com/Prod...ts_catalog.jsp

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information