Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    External corrosion is just that, external. If the ski was used in salt water, but was well washed down after riding, then the corrosion can be kept at bay.

Internal corrosion inside the engine water jackets is impossible to tell without taking parts off the engine. Again, if the engine was reverse flushed after every ride, the corrosion from salt water can be managed.

On machines this old, there is almost always some spots here and there showing mild corrosion, even on fresh water machines.

A motorcycle battery might be OK, as long as it is strong, not just recently charged.

If you know you will be buying a PWC, either this one or another one, then buy yourself a good AGM battery. Whatever ski you buy, it will benefit from a new AGM battery, even if it comes with a 'working' battery. Almost all 2-stroke PWC use the same battery size, as I recall, not just Polaris.

Sell the 'working' battery for a few dollars, and enjoy reliable starts with a factory sealed AGM type battery.

This is a good line of questions to ask, even for someone who’s had there ski’s awhile…

I have had my 2000 Genesis for six years, and it just hit 30 hours on the meter… (I wish it was more…) After reading a lot of posts on the board - I have a general maintenance question?

What are some of the things to start looking for to prevent the common problems that happing?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmann View Post
    This is a good line of questions to ask, even for someone who’s had there ski’s awhile…

I have had my 2000 Genesis for six years, and it just hit 30 hours on the meter… (I wish it was more…) After reading a lot of posts on the board - I have a general maintenance question?

What are some of the things to start looking for to prevent the common problems that happening?
    Have you had a look at these pages?

I just bought a Polaris PWC - what should I do?

Click here for guidance to help you get your Polaris PWC running properly, and keep it on the water.

whats up guys, im am new to the ski world and i am rebuilding some carberators on a slt 750 95 model.. i am missing a piece to them .. wondering if anyone mite no where i could find some parts or used carbs.. thx

+1
    welcome too the hulk!

check the classified's in this section.. and you can also check with john zigler, he is a member here that has a shop and is a great guy to go when you need parts!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by newguy038 View Post
    whats up guys, im am new to the ski world and i am rebuilding some carberators on a slt 750 95 model.. i am missing a piece to them .. wondering if anyone mite no where i could find some parts or used carbs.. thx

I have a set of 750 carbs off a 95 slt. work fine.. 75.00 Do you need the oil injection ? I have that too connected to it already.. unless your going pre-mix..

Welcome to the hulk!/

Hey y'all

I'm new to the pwc recreation (couple years). My dad picked up 2 '02 Freedoms on a double trailer for $500. Neither one was running until my 2 older brothers and I (mostly them) got one running. It runs pretty well when it gets going. Seems like it takes a while when it hasn't been started in a while. I have two questions. First would the other be worth trying to repair? It may need a new motor (701cc) or the current one would need to be rebuilt (locked up). It will also need a stator, CDI, electrical box. The propulsion system seems to be in good shape other than the pump stator. Cosmetically, it is in decent shape other than the seat. It needs to be recovered, but we have the resources to do that ourselves. I don't know the history of the ski (hours or anything other than that I do know that it has been rode in salt water (coastal NC). What would be a ballpark "too much" to be put into this vessel. Next question: I have been looking at skis on Craigslist and according to NADA everything is way overpriced, is there somewhere else I need to look for values? Thanks and God Bless.

Jonathan

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk Jonathan

NADA values for some reason are always very low for Polaris PWC, and do not reflect actual market pricing.

How much is too much money to invest?
    Depends on how much you can buy a comparable running PWC in good condition for in your area.

The Freedom is the same engine and hull as the Polaris Virage, but without the digital MFI gauge. The Virage seat is different too.

Minor differences in the electrical, mostly related to the analog fuel gauge and warning lamp on the Freedom.

For the one you have running already, take the time to read up on the common maintenance and update issues for the red Polaris domestic engines. Since yours is 2002, you may or may not have the problematic gray Tempo fuel lines.

If the carburetor has not been internally cleaned and rebuilt yet, that would be something to get done. A dirty carb can cause engine damage.

Polaris Domestic (red) engine

+1
    I am looking going in with my boss on buying a jet ski. A guy locally is selling 2 one is a 2003 Polaris which the guy says runs fine. The other is a 1999 not sure what size. It does not run the guy says that it is getting spark but just not firing. What could be the problem with it. He said that the motor had been replaced 3 years ago and he is the original owner. What would be some things to look for? We plan on going to look them over real good maybe the first of the week. They seem to be in good shape structurally. The guy is asking 3000 for them do you think that is reasonable? I was thinking offer him 2500 cash for them he has had them forsale for a while.

Thanks

+1
    welcome toothe hulk!

we really need more info in the skis too help you the best we can..

when you get more info, start a new thread.. and have pictures of the machines, the model's and engine sizes!

when you go and look at them check compression on both machines.. also check the jet pump for messed up impeller and stator blades..

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information