Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    How long are you here for during your extended trip. We might plan a ride up there in November after the Sturgeon quiet down. They are most active during the busy summer months. The river is nice since you can swim in the springs any time of year due to the fact they don't change temperatures. When we went in March of this year the river in places was 69 degrees and the springs felt warm. It was such a perfect trip, the springs weren't busy during the week so you can really enjoy them, weekends can be crazy.

+1
    I am trying to get all the details worked out but will let you know as soon as I do.

my parents have a house up there in old town on the river. nice river but alot of logs floating. and shallow spots. my buddy hit a log and sunk his ski out there. there more like underwater trees that you cant see cause the water is black

+1
    I have never had a log problem there, most are easy to see because of the branches and they are on the side of the river. I only know of 2 sand bars one just down river from Hart Springs and the other just down from Manatee and Yellow Jacket campground. This is a beautiful riding river, the only problems now are the sturgeon in the summer months. If you try and go up river from Troy springs you will have to watch for rocks but it is possible. The loggers that have a show on tv did clean logs out of the river recently but like I said they mostly are near the bank. If you go during or after flooding is when you have the greatest debris on the river.

Cool

You are correct that there are No no wake zones as of yet. They have installed the signs from almost to the gulf and all the way up to the Santa Fe but they have never been turned on. Only one up toward the gulf that stays lit. The only place I can think you need to idle is at Fanning Springs and Bob's River Place. The Santa Fe has quiet a few wake zones so you must be careful with your speed there. It is low this year but beautiful. Last weekend the sturgeon were not jumping.....couldn't believe it. It was really nice, we only saw one all day. We usually ride all year round. Jan. and Feb. is the least we go out.

http://suwanneeriverfun.blogspot.com

Red face

We have been riding it since 2001 but never a problem with trees or logs, however, we have seen someone sink there ski before, don't know how. Sandbars are only a problem for larger boaters when it is so low like now.
    http://suwanneeriverfun.blogspot.com

+1
    Ride scheduled for Labor day weekend if its not a honda Too bad LOL Come ride

Last weekend discovered that the store at Fowlers Bluff is open again. They have gas, ice, food, etc. The name of it is Treasure Cove. This gas up spot had been closed for several years. I hope it remains open.
    Last edited by WaveRunners; 09-26-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Glad your going to make it down. This is the best time of year. Sept.-Nov. I have a map of all the springs and park locations at my site.

Going for long distance ride at the Suwannee River this weekend. Leaving shortly. Can't wait.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information